Swap Meet 2011 Info SWAP MEET 5/25/11 *THURSDAY BADGES UPDATED*

Started by angeljibrille, February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

angeljibrille

Quote from: Knightfire on April 11, 2011, 12:18:49 PM
Thanks a bunch actually. Considering the rules, no handcarts or little rolly suitcases? Only what you can carry in hand?

Ok we don't "officially" sanction hand carts because of various union issues. However, they aren't strictly prohibited either.

Rolling suitcases are perfectly acceptable.

Thanks!

angeljibrille

Quote from: redroses3164 on April 11, 2011, 03:19:27 PM
One quick question, if I have a friend go buy me dinner/food but that friend isn't part of my selling stuff spot, can they just come in and out with food?

It could look suspiciously like more items to sell but I'd wager it'll just get checked in the front.

Yes, they can bring dinner to you, no problem. The only people who will be checked at the door and redirected are people with boxes and such. If he or she is worried, they can just check in with us.

Thanks!

DarkenedWings

I have a question!  I'm signed up for a spot on Thursday (not waitlisted) and I see on the Swap Meet rules page it says that lining up for sellers begins at 5 pm, but from what I remember that's right around the time badge pick up tends to open, too.  If we're required to have a badge to enter this year, doesn't that leave us with a fairly narrow amount of time to pick up our badge and then drag all our stuff to the meeting spot?  I'm especially worried because the reg line is always ridiculously long right when it opens, and I know several people get in line hours and hours in advance, which I'm not sure I can/really want to do.

Is this something I need to be worried about?  Should I just try and get into the reg line as early as possible?

angeljibrille

Quote from: DarkenedWings on April 13, 2011, 11:11:08 PM
I have a question!  I'm signed up for a spot on Thursday (not waitlisted) and I see on the Swap Meet rules page it says that lining up for sellers begins at 5 pm, but from what I remember that's right around the time badge pick up tends to open, too.  If we're required to have a badge to enter this year, doesn't that leave us with a fairly narrow amount of time to pick up our badge and then drag all our stuff to the meeting spot?  I'm especially worried because the reg line is always ridiculously long right when it opens, and I know several people get in line hours and hours in advance, which I'm not sure I can/really want to do.

Is this something I need to be worried about?  Should I just try and get into the reg line as early as possible?

I will find out more information on this and post here.

Marisa

angeljibrille

So we are currently working on a plan for Thursday Swap Meet participants to be able to check in by standing in a special line. This will be for Thursday swap meet sellers *only*.

I will post more details once we work out arrangements.

I will also try to e-mail all the Thursday participants with the information, and I will update the web page and the first post in this thread once I have more details.

Thanks for your patience :)

Marisa

Xeluu

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 20, 2011, 09:06:25 AM
So we are currently working on a plan for Thursday Swap Meet participants to be able to check in by standing in a special line. This will be for Thursday swap meet sellers *only*.

I will post more details once we work out arrangements.

I will also try to e-mail all the Thursday participants with the information, and I will update the web page and the first post in this thread once I have more details.

Thanks for your patience :)

Marisa

Thank you Marisa!
I know myself, along with many others will be looking forward to this information.

I have a (hopefully) quick question though: both my sister and I were planning on selling in the same space together, and we've registered as a "group" with my name first. Hopefully it should be as easy as having me get in the line and picking up our badges?

Again, thank you for all that you do for us,
-Kristi
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

angeljibrille

Quote from: Xeluu on April 22, 2011, 09:38:04 PM
I have a (hopefully) quick question though: both my sister and I were planning on selling in the same space together, and we've registered as a "group" with my name first. Hopefully it should be as easy as having me get in the line and picking up our badges?

This shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you know your number :)

Thanks,
Marisa

angeljibrille

Quote from: DarkenedWings on April 13, 2011, 11:11:08 PM

Check the first post in this thread for new and cool information! :D

Kyra_Maverick

I'm signed up to sell on Thursday, but I'm also the leader of a group of 7. Will their badges get pulled as well as mine for Swap Meet pick up, or will I have to run over to the normal badge pick up line to get those badges too?

Also, this is a really awesome perk for us Thursday sellers. Thanks so much for arranging it.

DarkenedWings

Quote from: angeljibrille on April 30, 2011, 10:40:52 PM
Check the first post in this thread for new and cool information! :D

Whoa, this is way awesome!  Thanks a lot for looking into that, this will be much better than stressing about getting in the reg line early with enough time to pick up badges and then run to go pick up our boxes.  <3

FanFicGuru

Indeed. So hyped that I'll be able to get my badge for Thursday swap meet!
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

angeljibrille

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on April 30, 2011, 11:52:58 PM
I'm signed up to sell on Thursday, but I'm also the leader of a group of 7. Will their badges get pulled as well as mine for Swap Meet pick up, or will I have to run over to the normal badge pick up line to get those badges too?

Also, this is a really awesome perk for us Thursday sellers. Thanks so much for arranging it.

I will have your ENTIRE group.

Thanks!
Marisa

Kyra_Maverick

angeljibrille

First post updated with answers to common questions I've been getting.

Eurobeat King

That is awesome news that you will have my Fanime pre-reg. badge for me (and the other sellers) on Thursday! :D

Now I don't have to get to the pre-reg. line at 9:00am and wait in-line until registration opens, and this gives me time to do photo-shoots, and take pictures of hall-cosplayers until it's time for the Swap Meet. :)

Thanks so much to you & your staff for doing that this year, Marisa!

Will you also have the program-guide/grab-bags there as-well?

"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

angeljibrille

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 05, 2011, 04:24:55 PM
Will you also have the program-guide/grab-bags there as-well?

I don't know about this one :/ I'll ask next weekend at the meeting.

And not going to be doing anything much this weekend everyone, it's MOTHER'S DAY! I deserve a weekend off, lol ;)

InkyBear

Sorry if this is already answered but after rereading the front page about a dozen times I'm still unsure. When I registered my sister and I for the Swap meet I did so under my own name. However, I just learned that she pre-registered us as a group under her name. The front page says our badges will only be available on Thursday for the person in charge of the group which would be her, however I'm the one who registered us for the swap. Hopefully that makes sense! So I'm really unsure if ours or my badge will be available for the special Thursday pick-up or if we'll have to use the regular line.

angeljibrille

Quote from: InkyBear on May 07, 2011, 11:44:28 PM
Sorry if this is already answered but after rereading the front page about a dozen times I'm still unsure. When I registered my sister and I for the Swap meet I did so under my own name. However, I just learned that she pre-registered us as a group under her name. The front page says our badges will only be available on Thursday for the person in charge of the group which would be her, however I'm the one who registered us for the swap. Hopefully that makes sense! So I'm really unsure if ours or my badge will be available for the special Thursday pick-up or if we'll have to use the regular line.

Unfortunately, in this case, you would have to pick up your badges in the regular line.

I know it's not a perfect system, and it was very last minute so we were unable to accomodate everyone this year. I apologize :(

I basically provided Registration with the exact Thursday Swap Meet Registration lists. The individuals on there who are pre-registered individually and/or are group leaders, will have their badges pulled. Everyone else will not.

Thank you very much for your understanding! Hopefully we can work out the kinks for next year.

Marisa

dominusdux

1)Can I sell food?
2)Can I sell grab bags?

Sorry if this was already answered in a previous thread. I looked for it though.

SukebeStudios

I do NOT believe you are allowed to sell food, but grab bags...I would think so, but not positive.