Swap Meet 2011 Info SWAP MEET 5/25/11 *THURSDAY BADGES UPDATED*

Started by angeljibrille, February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

angeljibrille

Quote from: Knightfire on May 14, 2011, 11:32:27 PM
Did the new rule about badge pickup @ the swap meet affect what time we can start lining up?

Nope, please don't line up before 5:00pm, we'll be dispersing the crowd if you do.

Thanks!
Marisa

Knightfire

Right on. I got more questions coming up very soon but I wanna have them all ready before I ask.

Thanks
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Eurobeat King

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 10, 2011, 08:45:10 PM
Quote from: Persona on May 10, 2011, 12:06:02 PM
Mkay. I saw someone bring one in last year but just wanted to make sure.
Big items blocking our view is a big no-no. No mannequins, bookshelves, clothing racks, etc. Thanks.

I have 2 giant movie standees (Watchmen, G.I. Joe) that are about 6-7 feet tall.  To fully display them, I need to prop-them-up against a wall.  May we request a wall-spot if they are available?  I know i requested one the last couple of years.  Just wondering if we're allowed to request a wall-spot.  Thanks! :)

"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Hachimitsu

Quote from: Knightfire on May 14, 2011, 11:32:27 PM
Did the new rule about badge pickup @ the swap meet affect what time we can start lining up?

your talking about the thursday swap meet right?

toxi-loxi

I bought a lot of colored contact lenses and various cosmetics for a bunch of my friends and I to use for our lolita cosplays (to get that ever so popular "dolly eye" look), and I STILL have some left over that are unwrapped/unused. I was thinking of bringing it to the swap meet along with all the other game/anime related stuff to sell. Is that alright?

Kyra_Maverick

Personally, I wouldnt buy unwrapped cosmetics or contacts even if I was assured they were new. If they're still wrapped though it shouldnt be a problem.

AR-99

This is my first swap meet.  I'm now #121 on the waiting list for Friday and was thinking of backing out and shooting for next year, but it sounds like I have a good chance to get in.  My plan is to pick up my reg on Thursday with everyone else, browse, then come back on Friday and sell.

I have quite a bunch of figures/model kits, so I'm currently looking for some large, yet man portable boxes to carry them in.  Being able to bring in a wheeled luggage will help out, which has me wondering now how to carry stuff in a box and pull what I have in the luggage.  We'll see.
FanimeCon '97, 2K, 2005, '09-
Evangelion Virtual Museum

angeljibrille

Quote from: toxi-loxi on May 17, 2011, 09:40:47 AM
I bought a lot of colored contact lenses and various cosmetics for a bunch of my friends and I to use for our lolita cosplays (to get that ever so popular "dolly eye" look), and I STILL have some left over that are unwrapped/unused. I was thinking of bringing it to the swap meet along with all the other game/anime related stuff to sell. Is that alright?

Please only bring new items of this nature that are still in the original packaging. Any items which are opened (even if unused) are not appropriate.

Thanks!
Marisa

angeljibrille

Quote from: Shear_Trigger on May 17, 2011, 12:34:17 PM
This is my first swap meet.  I'm now #121 on the waiting list for Friday and was thinking of backing out and shooting for next year, but it sounds like I have a good chance to get in.  My plan is to pick up my reg on Thursday with everyone else, browse, then come back on Friday and sell.

I have quite a bunch of figures/model kits, so I'm currently looking for some large, yet man portable boxes to carry them in.  Being able to bring in a wheeled luggage will help out, which has me wondering now how to carry stuff in a box and pull what I have in the luggage.  We'll see.

Yes, you have a very good chance. I'm already getting people who have to drop out for various reasons.

toxi-loxi

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 17, 2011, 08:48:33 PM
Please only bring new items of this nature that are still in the original packaging. Any items which are opened (even if unused) are not appropriate.

Thanks!
Marisa

Beh.
I MEANT to say "WRAPPED AND UNUSED." My mistake. :P

Eurobeat King

Are we allowed to request a wall-slot after we check-in if they are available?

(I just remember 2 years ago I was in Slot #1 on Thursday and was taken to the middle-area..)  :P

angeljibrille

Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 18, 2011, 09:43:48 AM

(I just remember 2 years ago I was in Slot #1 on Thursday and was taken to the middle-area..)  :P

You get to pick from any available slot. I'll basically show you a map of what we have, and you get to pick. Obviously first-registered first-served on spaces because of that :)

Marisa

angeljibrille

Quote from: toxi-loxi on May 18, 2011, 09:26:20 AM
Quote from: angeljibrille on May 17, 2011, 08:48:33 PM

Thanks!
Marisa

Beh.
I MEANT to say "WRAPPED AND UNUSED." My mistake. :P

Yep that's fine then :D

Persona

Do we need to print 2 forms for both Thursday and Friday or are we keeping the forms to reuse them on Friday? Thanks =)

Avairrianna

Are the gaming tables going to be closer to the middle this year so they don't cause a pile up with the swap meet lookers like last year?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

AR-99

I didn't see this discussed here nor in a quick search of the forum - for those who will be flying solo on either Thursday or Friday, how would you go to the bathroom during swap meet?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Shear_Trigger on May 20, 2011, 08:11:05 AM
I didn't see this discussed here nor in a quick search of the forum - for those who will be flying solo on either Thursday or Friday, how would you go to the bathroom during swap meet?

Other sellers are very friendly and usually come in pairs. I've found that I can leave my space under the watchful eye of one of my neighbors for a couple of minutes while I run to the restroom. Or, of course, if you have a friend that's coming that night too maybe they would help you out. Another issue is dinner. Without a partner you might go hungry! Hope that helps. :)
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

AR-99

Flying solo like I said.  I have a cousin who may be attending the con too, but he's not signed up to sell, and I'm not planning on him being there on Friday.

I was going to bring in my dinner of chicken nuggets and eat before it all starts.  Cross my fingers!

Eurobeat King

Quote from: angeljibrille on May 19, 2011, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: Eurobeat King on May 18, 2011, 09:43:48 AM

You get to pick from any available slot. I'll basically show you a map of what we have, and you get to pick. Obviously first-registered first-served on spaces because of that :)

Marisa

Thanks!  Might we be able to look at this map BEFORE we check-in, so we will have an idea of where we would like to be.  And possibly-request it beforehand? (if it's not already taken.)  By the time we check-in, we'll be crazy with our arms full-of-stuff and wanting to get our spot and begin setting up. haha

:)

angeljibrille

Quote from: Persona on May 19, 2011, 12:41:10 PM
Do we need to print 2 forms for both Thursday and Friday or are we keeping the forms to reuse them on Friday? Thanks =)

I need a form for each day. Thanks :)