Swap Meet 2011 Info SWAP MEET 5/25/11 *THURSDAY BADGES UPDATED*

Started by angeljibrille, February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM

angeljibrille

Quote from: Shear_Trigger on May 20, 2011, 08:11:05 AM
I didn't see this discussed here nor in a quick search of the forum - for those who will be flying solo on either Thursday or Friday, how would you go to the bathroom during swap meet?

Just ask a neighbor or one of the Swap Meet staff to watch it for you. We have our Swap Meet staff making rounds on a regular basis.

angeljibrille

Thanks!  Might we be able to look at this map BEFORE we check-in, so we will have an idea of where we would like to be.  And possibly-request it beforehand? (if it's not already taken.)  By the time we check-in, we'll be crazy with our arms full-of-stuff and wanting to get our spot and begin setting up. haha

:)

I'm going to do my best to get it ready this weekend; Casey needs to find the piece of paper he sketched out the spaces on >.<

ChibiStarFutch

Am I allowed to give some stuff away for free? Like they were free during previous years at fanime so it says Not for Resale but I would like to give it away. What about if it's like free with a purchase?

FanFicGuru

Quote from: ChibiStarFutch on May 22, 2011, 01:00:07 PM
Am I allowed to give some stuff away for free? Like they were free during previous years at fanime so it says Not for Resale but I would like to give it away. What about if it's like free with a purchase?

I don't know if you're the same guy, but someone else asked this question. Plainly: Of course you can give stuff away for free. Why would there be any regulations against that? You don't even have to include it with a purchase, you could just have a part of your space that says "FREE STUFF" and dump it all there.

Unless you are trying to give away food, there should be no issue with that.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

ChibiStarFutch

Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 22, 2011, 01:13:49 PM

I don't know if you're the same guy, but someone else asked this question. Plainly: Of course you can give stuff away for free. Why would there be any regulations against that? You don't even have to include it with a purchase, you could just have a part of your space that says "FREE STUFF" and dump it all there.

It's funny because it might have been me and I just forgot after 2 months (I checked the thread but didn't want to read all of it...)
I only wanted to clarify since a couple items specifically say NOT FOR RESALE versus lots of prints I just want to give out for free, and I didn't want to be bugged about the NOT FOR RESALE items (if I was just tossing it as a freebie). Thanks for answering anyways!

FanFicGuru

Quote from: ChibiStarFutch on May 22, 2011, 02:06:13 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on May 22, 2011, 01:13:49 PM

It's funny because it might have been me and I just forgot after 2 months (I checked the thread but didn't want to read all of it...)
I only wanted to clarify since a couple items specifically say NOT FOR RESALE versus lots of prints I just want to give out for free, and I didn't want to be bugged about the NOT FOR RESALE items (if I was just tossing it as a freebie). Thanks for answering anyways!

If the item is not for "resale", then giving it away for free wouldn't be a problem because you aren't selling it. :) Also, it's very rare that you are "bugged" at all at the swap meet unless you are selling mature material to minors. 99% of the time you set up and don't really hear from swap meet staff for the rest of the night. So no worries.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

angeljibrille

As promised:
http://anime-online.com/fanime-swapmeet/swapmeet_map_2011.pdf

As you can see, we were able to squeeze in 124 spaces, so some of you waiting list people are in luck. The rest of the room will be filled with Gaming stuff, so it's not empty like it looks on the map :)

We did make sure to put a "gap" between those two front rows this year, there will be a 10ft space, so people can walk down the middle of the "aisle".

OK, and with this, I am officially going *computer e-mail phone silent*. I've got a lot of stuff to do pre-convention!

I'm not sure where we are going to put the lines yet, but you can see the door you are going to be going into with this map. By 5pm on Thursday we will have it set up, which is why no one should get in line before 5pm! :)

Remember:
1. Bring your ID
2. Bring at least ONE FanimeCon Badge per booth
3. Bring your signed Fanime Swap Meet Form
http://www.fanime.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/2011SwapMeetForm.pdf
4. Only one box of adult items with a lid! Check ID.
5. No tables, bookshelves, models, clothing racks, etc.

Thanks everyone, good luck selling!

Marisa
Marisa

Knightfire

Starting work for Fanime 2011

angeljibrille

Quote from: Knightfire on May 24, 2011, 04:51:41 PM
So those who were on the waitlist got in?

Some did, some are still on the waiting list.

Knightfire

BunofGovt

Hi, I sent you an email but I cannot sell at Swap Meet on Friday, so you can give my space to someone on the waiting list.

Thank you (still going on Thursday).

Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

redroses3164

@Knightfire: It says in the first post:
Quote from: angeljibrille on February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM
9. When you register *online*, you will get a number for each day (example: 19). We will have "Southwest Style" grouping areas in the line outside (1-20, 21-40, 41-60, etc.). If you are #19, you would get into group 1-20. You will be served according to your number. So, #1 is first, then #2, etc. There will be signs posted outside of Exhibit Hall 3 with your Last Name and your Registration number, in case you forgot what it is.

Knightfire

Quote from: redroses3164 on May 24, 2011, 06:23:15 PM
@Knightfire: It says in the first post:
Quote from: angeljibrille on February 15, 2011, 01:05:27 PM
9. When you register *online*, you will get a number for each day (example: 19). We will have "Southwest Style" grouping areas in the line outside (1-20, 21-40, 41-60, etc.). If you are #19, you would get into group 1-20. You will be served according to your number. So, #1 is first, then #2, etc. There will be signs posted outside of Exhibit Hall 3 with your Last Name and your Registration number, in case you forgot what it is.

So I made it into the swap meet I assume? Because I was #115 on here http://www.anime-online.com/fanime-swapmeet/list.php

Kyra_Maverick

I think at #115 you made it in anyways. The layout map has 124 spots for sellers.

Knightfire

Avairrianna

I have a question for past sellers. Do you guys bring a blanket to put down on the floor of your space? I can't seem to picture what people did for the floors...
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

redroses3164

@Avairrianna: Some do. I like putting a mat or blanket on the floor because I don't like sitting on concrete for several hours haha.

Also, plushes get dirty if I keep it just on the concrete.

angeljibrille

OK, I lied... one more update:

LIST OF BADGES FOR THURSDAY

http://www.anime-online.com/fanime-swapmeet/thursday.php

This list tells you if I will have your badge or not. Enjoy <3

Kyra_Maverick

I'm registered for swap meet and your list states you will have my badge, but not the rest of my groups.

K. Turner

angeljibrille

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 25, 2011, 03:57:00 PM
I'm registered for swap meet and your list states you will have my badge, but not the rest of my groups.

K. Turner

... and I don't have an answer for that ^_^;; and Reg is already on site.

So, I would *presume* that I would have it, but I can't promise. I won't know for sure myself until 5:00pm tomorrow.

Thanks,
Marisa