Is Musicfest Staff needed? // Staff badge issues?

Started by squarebubblex, February 17, 2011, 12:57:35 AM

squarebubblex

Do the staff signups for Musicfest always fill up super quickly? And do you know (whoever you are reading this) if I still have a chance at making it into the Musicfest staff? It'd be awesome on my resume, and concerts are my expertise ^^

I wish I knew I actually could have been part of staff and volunteering isn't my only option, because I bought one of the 55$ badges thinking that the only way I could volunteer is by going to the con itself and walking into the volunteer room >__< People were saying that I needed a badge first!  :-\ Ah.. so if I become a staff member instead of a volunteer (even though staff are technically volunteers too, which threw me off), do I still get a refund on the badge I bought? Because I know volunteers get a refund, but staff get their own badge, which might complicate things?

Thanks to anyone reading/responding ^^

jemz

You can apply to be a part of MusicFest's staff. Please email [email protected] for the application. 

There are certain requirements that have to be met in order to be on the MF staff so I can't say what your chances are for becoming staff.

If you do become part of MF staff, you can talk to registration about the paid badge and see what they say.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

ewu

if you accidentally registered, then you can get reimbursed just like a volunteer. if you are staff, do NOT register your membership and pick up your badge.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Acid_Android

The one absolute requirement that is needed to be on MusicFest staff is that you are 21 years old or older (and if you're applying to be an interpreter, you should be at least JLPT Level 2 or have native fluency in Japanese).

As jemz mentioned, just shoot an email over to us, and we'll let you know what positions are available as well as other information we'll need from you.  Thanks!
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

squarebubblex

NOOOOOO!! I'm 19 ~__~

Thanks for your input everyone, and thank you Acid_Android!! I wish I'd known about the age requirement when sending in my application  :-\ I'm glad I'm not 16 anymore at least.. When I finally turned 18 I thought I'd be able to pursue my career full speed ahead but sigh.. age limits are pesky.  :'( Though I totally understand why they're put into place. I'll definitely apply again for a Musicfest staff position in 2 more years! Thanks again :)

Hisuitsume

Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee

ewu

Again, if you are staff, do NOT register your membership and pick up your badge.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

eHash

how do they get their money back? I have one staff member in that category of made staff, but had already pre-regged.

ewu

At the end of con, the department or division head will confirm that they served as staff. We will then confirm that they did not check in their membership, thew we will either issue a check there or mail it back.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom