Day Trip To Japantown (San Francisco)

Started by LadyGlitterbow, February 20, 2011, 12:36:22 PM

What day would be best for you? (All Saturdays)

March 5th
0 (0%)
March 12th
5 (33.3%)
March 19th
3 (20%)
March 26th
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

DarkMoonlitStar

@Hisuitsume Yeah I think so, the mall is on Market St. and the Powell Bart Station is also across the street from the mall. There's also that giant Ross and other stores around the area.
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

Jerry

Quote from: Hisuitsume on March 11, 2011, 03:30:09 PM
Westfield mall? the one across from Santana Row?

there is more than one "westfield mall" [its just the company that happens to own the mall]  -
i believe DarkMoonlitStar 's referring to the one in San Francisco...

not across from Santana Row [which is in San Jose]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

POWoooi

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, but have been into anime since a pea pod! I'd love to meet new faces and make new friends as well. Since it looks as though the 26th is getting the marjoirty.. I'll do the 26th too! =P

I'm coming from the Vallejo area if anyone was to meet.

;D
Miko Miko ~

DarkMoonlitStar

Jerry's right I'm talking about the one in San Francisco lol. Sorry for any confusion. I also know there's one in San Jose but I wouldn't go down to San Jose to come back to San Francisco (I'm from the East Bay).

Yeah if anyone wants to join me and my friends on a short shopping/window shopping trip at the mall before heading to Japantown feel free to send me a message.
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life

LadyGlitterbow

Quote from: tifachan101 on March 11, 2011, 03:47:54 AM
Hi me and My friend would like to go to the meeting if its ok with u. I was wondering if it ok to cosplay? Also I was wondering, This is my first time going to Fanime and I hope I can make lots of friends. In technical terms this is my first big con. ;D  :-*

Fun fun fun! Of course you can dress up if you want, but I wouldn't pick anything too outrageous or something you wouldn't want ruined since we will be walking around, you know! Can't wait to meet!

tifachan101

Well that for all the replies. I just found out that i am going. My friends cant make it with me because of them working but I know I am going to show up. I will cosplay at Shugo Chara Amu, But At the con its actually going to be Full Moon from Full Moon wo Sagashite.

I was wondering where the Westfield Mall in SF is at? If i have the gas in my car then I can go.

DarkMoonlitStar

@tifachan101 Westfield mall in SF is at 865 Market St. (parking is horrendous....)

The way I'm going is from the bus terminal/station which is only a couple of blocks away since I'm taking AC transit from where I'm at, Transbay to SF. I'll also be with a group of friends so anyone can join us if you want to.

@LadyGlitterbow although we've decided a time and location I think we should have some sort of contact list in order to keep in touch with each other in case people have a change of plans or get lost, etc.

2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life

dolore

Should be able to make it, unless something comes up. 
Put me down for this and a friend.    8)

Whats the agenda lookin like?

tifachan101

Quote from: DarkMoonlitStar on March 13, 2011, 03:31:32 PM
@tifachan101 Westfield mall in SF is at 865 Market St. (parking is horrendous....)

The way I'm going is from the bus terminal/station which is only a couple of blocks away since I'm taking AC transit from where I'm at, Transbay to SF. I'll also be with a group of friends so anyone can join us if you want to.

@LadyGlitterbow although we've decided a time and location I think we should have some sort of contact list in order to keep in touch with each other in case people have a change of plans or get lost, etc.

I don't have buses to get there so I am taking my car. I am willing to walk if i can. But I think maybe just meeting at Japan town.

LadyGlitterbow

Quote from: DarkMoonlitStar on March 13, 2011, 03:31:32 PM

I was beginning to think the same thing. Of course, like I said before, if anyone wants to get my number, just go ahead and pm me for it. (I don't want to just put it out there for anyone)
Also, I am going to have a nice sized sign that says "fanime gathering" when we meet, just to make it fun and obvious!

DarkMoonlitStar

Quote from: LadyGlitterbow on March 14, 2011, 06:27:18 PM
I was beginning to think the same thing. Of course, like I said before, if anyone wants to get my number, just go ahead and pm me for it. (I don't want to just put it out there for anyone)
Also, I am going to have a nice sized sign that says "fanime gathering" when we meet, just to make it fun and obvious!

That sounds good at least it's obvious haha. Well in my situation with my group I'm not sure how long we'll be staying at the mall (depends on mall congestion) and how long it takes for Muni to get to the stop and to Japantown so I, along with my group might be "late."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life

Momoko

Hi there! Thought I'd just pop in to say I'm going to the gathering (: And I'm part of DarkMoonlitStar's group <3 Hehe
I'm pretty excited to meet everyone. I hope the weather isn't going to be as bad as it is now ;3;

L0Lpants

Quote from: Momoko on March 16, 2011, 01:55:21 AM
Hi there! Thought I'd just pop in to say I'm going to the gathering (: And I'm part of DarkMoonlitStar's group <3 Hehe
I'm pretty excited to meet everyone. I hope the weather isn't going to be as bad as it is now ;3;

According to 10 day forecasts, it will rain on the 26th so everybody better plan accordingly unless there's a change in weather. Or if no change happens, then "maybe" put it off until the following saturday. Don't see how everybody can enjoy themselves if it's gunna be drippy outside...

~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

Runewitt

So, they had to move the stuff for my sister's birthday to Sunday instead of Saturday, so now I will be able to show up. I won't be in cosplay, but just look for the guy who looks horribly out of place, probably wearing a black shirt and jeans.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

tifachan101

Hey can wait for the 26th. Also I forgot to mention that its actually my bday on Saturday. So i was hoping i can take picture if that is ok with everyone and also record my trip on my flip camera. Plus I am going to still cosplay even though It will be raining.

LadyGlitterbow

Quote from: tifachan101 on March 20, 2011, 02:28:00 PM
Hey can wait for the 26th. Also I forgot to mention that its actually my bday on Saturday. So i was hoping i can take picture if that is ok with everyone and also record my trip on my flip camera. Plus I am going to still cosplay even though It will be raining.
Well happy birthday! I am honored that you will be spending it with us! And of course it is okay to take a picture, we can take tons!

As for the weather, it really is too bad that it will probably be raining, but just break out those umbrellas! Japantown is indoors anyway, so I don't think it will ruin our fun. At this point I think it would be too hard to reschedule.

Memo

Hey guys, I was planning to go to fanime alone this year but it would be great to meet some new people and possibly see you all around the convention. This sounds like a fun idea.  I'm looking forward to attending.  : )

Tifachan, we should celebrate your b-day somehow.. I have an urge to buy you a cupcake, haha.
We should all go picha picha (if it's open and if everyone is up to it), and uh.. I'm not quite sure what to do, my friends and I usually hang around the stores but I'm guessing this will be a much larger group..  (karaoke maybe?<< I actually don't know where it might be)

Oh, and I'm seventeen turning eighteen two months after the con, since we're mentioning age and all that.  My parents won't be dropping me off/picking me up, I'll be taking bart/bus to Japan town.  Lastly, I'm not that shy and If you are, I'll try not to be 'all up in your grill' asking questions and what-not. 

Uhh, talking/posting too much, haha.  See you guys in a week  :)

Momoko

@tifachan: I'm going to take tons of pictures as well! :D And possibly videos too ^^

And would recommend to not go in cosplay D: The weather and all.. don't want to get them dirty :[

tifachan101

Thx for wishing me a happy birthday. I will be turning 23 years old. Please u dont have to spend money on me. I have a umbrella to use so my outfit wont get dirty and wet. But I will think about the cosplay because my parents sats i shouldnt cosplay either. So I am happy for this saturday.

Zero_Kirby

Happy belated Birthday, tifachan101. I won't be able to make it at all