Day Trip To Japantown (San Francisco)

Started by LadyGlitterbow, February 20, 2011, 12:36:22 PM

What day would be best for you? (All Saturdays)

March 5th
0 (0%)
March 12th
5 (33.3%)
March 19th
3 (20%)
March 26th
7 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Kupo

I don't mind going. I'm just a Bus and BART and Bus (again...) ride away.

But I'm pretty shy and I seem to be one of the youngest interested. (I'm 18.) So it depends if I build up the confidence. But I'll keep that in mind and so far. My plans are free on the 19th and 26th. 12th, I'm unsure as I may or may not go up to Tahoe that weekend and on the 5th, I'll be visiting some friends, but plans can always change.

Hachimitsu

March 12 hmm O_O!>.. I guess I can stop by and maybe invite my sister ^ ^!....

LadyGlitterbow

Quote from: Kupo on February 24, 2011, 05:27:50 PM
I don't mind going. I'm just a Bus and BART and Bus (again...) ride away.

But I'm pretty shy and I seem to be one of the youngest interested. (I'm 18.) So it depends if I build up the confidence. But I'll keep that in mind and so far. My plans are free on the 19th and 26th. 12th, I'm unsure as I may or may not go up to Tahoe that weekend and on the 5th, I'll be visiting some friends, but plans can always change.

Don't be shy! This won't be a huge crowd I don't think. And as for age, anyone is invited, and although I may be 24, I am not that mature! Lol! So depending on the day, we would love to have you. Its all about having fun!

otakuya

Looks like the 12th is gonna win the vote. I'm pretty sure I'll be busy that weekend cuz of the World Poker Tour tournament. If it's the 26th or in San Jose Japantown, I might be able to join you guys.

Jerry

i would be interested in going, tho my vote would be for the 26th.

its been a while since ive been to japan town, and it would be nice to browse around Kino as well as grabbing a Crepe from Sophie's.

I'm always "UP" for making new friends, i guess one cant have too many.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

kookiekween99

I might, though I might feel awkward being the only teenager (16, but almost 17) and not knowing anyone... D:
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

L0Lpants

Quote from: kookiekween99 on February 26, 2011, 11:57:18 AM
I might, though I might feel awkward being the only teenager (16, but almost 17) and not knowing anyone... D:

that's alright, most of us act like teenagers anyway. plus most of everybody is voting for the 26th, i'll vote for 26th as well. Mega psyched here...
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

christofu

Quote from: kookiekween99 on February 26, 2011, 11:57:18 AM

I don't know anyone either, but the reason I plan on going (if the 26th wins) is so that I could meet some new folks :) Also, I don't think you have to worry about being the only one in that age range. I think a few people mentioned that they were around 18, and that they plan on bringing their friends with em.

otakuya

Whats funny is that I feel like an elder now (I'm 25) compared to old Fanimafia gatherings of years past when I was one of the youngest.

christofu

Quote from: Otakuya on February 26, 2011, 04:55:03 PM
Whats funny is that I feel like an elder now (I'm 25) compared to old Fanimafia gatherings of years past when I was one of the youngest.

Ah- Don't say it like that, I'm also 25 and you're making me feel old as well. Haha

rude32

Wow, its been a while since I've been on the forums. Otakuya, don't feel old, I'm 28. I more and likely won't be able to make a day gathering since I work until about 4 on a Saturday, but after that I'm completely open if anyone is still around.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Imperfect_M

Anyone want to go on the 12th anyway? It's a friend's birthday and we were going to hang out in J-Town that day. Can't go on the 27th, anyone want to hang out on the 12th?

LadyGlitterbow

Quote from: Imperfect_M on March 01, 2011, 06:50:38 PM
Anyone want to go on the 12th anyway? It's a friend's birthday and we were going to hang out in J-Town that day. Can't go on the 27th, anyone want to hang out on the 12th?

Sorry the 12th didnt win! Also we are going on the 26th, not the 27th, if that makes any difference. Anyway, have a good time no matter what! :P

Hisuitsume

Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee

Zero_Kirby

Runewitt

I wish I'd seen this sooner. the 26th is my sister's birthday, so I cant come..
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

nf33

tifachan101

Hi me and My friend would like to go to the meeting if its ok with u. I was wondering if it ok to cosplay? Also I was wondering, This is my first time going to Fanime and I hope I can make lots of friends. In technical terms this is my first big con. ;D  :-*

DarkMoonlitStar

@tfiachan101 If you want to cosplay that's up to you. In Japantown people have gone there in cosplay before so I'm sure others wouldn't mind. (I wouldn't cosplay because I'll be taking public transportation and I don't want anything to get ruined)

Well that question aside. I'm planning on stopping by Westfield Mall before going to the bus/muni stop for Japantown (probably going to be there around 10-11AM). I'm looking for replacement gloves for my Tifa cosplay and possibly new shoes. So if anyone's interested in joining me and my friends at the mall first then send me a reply or PM.
"Find yourself, that's the key & I am the only person I can be, myself, that''s me."
2015 Cosplay -tentative-
Shiro- No Game No Life
Koujaku- DraMaticalMurder
Esdese/Esdeath- Akame ga Kiru!
Daiki Aomine-Kuroko no Basuke

Hisuitsume

Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee