MS Paint Adventures 2011 Gathering: ==>

Started by AstrayRed 0, February 21, 2011, 01:44:56 PM

Geardog

Also, update on the humans/trolls I'll be bringing along with me!

So far, these cosplayers have been confirmed, and will be coming to the gathering on Saturday:
-John -- Dave (x2) -- Nepeta -- Terezi --Aradia --(and myself, Karkat, haha)

And these cosplayers are still debating, so they may or may not show up:
--Rose -- Vriska

PunkRockPanic

Hi!
My friend and I are going to try to attend!! :D
I'm gonna be Jade and she'll be Dave B)
I'm looking for that one color that suits no one else but me

quadhonk

I posted on the CosCom thread earlier today but I'm not entirely sure if it's as active as this one. Just dropping by to say that I'll be there as either Aradia or Tavros and my friend is going to be Gamzee. We might have a Dave too. :3

demetria656

Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

quadhonk

Hey Demetria :3 I like your cosplay pic of Spain. Y U SO CUTE? You make a hot guy XD

marisuga

I might be bringing my Feferi cosplay but I don't think I'll be able to make it to the gathering because I want to go to music fest :(

ZetsubouSensei

Ill show up as Nepeta! Just finished the hat and horns, the only thing left is some blue shoes :33

(oh, and the gray body paint, still wondering how to do that)

AstrayRed 0

Oh man, music fest is at the same time? I wanted to see FLOW this time since i missed them last time...

and @ZetsubouSensei

http://www.mspaforums.com/showthread.php?29866-Homestuck-Related-Cosplay&p=4167924&viewfull=1#post4167924

here's a nice tutorial for doing facepaint. It's mainly for GaMzEe, but it is an awesome tut for trolls in general.

There's also a tutorial somewhere for turning pantyhose into grey arms and hands, for those that don't want to paint their, well, arms and hands.

If anyone can lurk the MSPA forums for that tutorial, we'd all be thankful.

Anyway, here's to all the glubbin cosplays comin to fanime  ;)

marisuga

QuoteOh man, music fest is at the same time? I wanted to see FLOW this time since i missed them last time...

I'm not actually sure if music fest is at the same time as this, but I know it's on saturday night >< I just know that me and my friends were planning on getting in line for it early so we could get good seats and the costume I was going to wear for it isn't fef so... Maybe the gathering could be on friday? or sunday?

but either way, I'm starting to lean towards going to this over going to music fest ><

b-chan

I just wanted to confirm that I'll be there as John. (I
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
just found this thread. XD)

Quote from: ZetsubouSensei on April 23, 2011, 02:50:23 PM
...oh, and the gray body paint, still wondering how to do that)

There's a really nice tutorial over on the official forums.

Also, for other MSPA con groups I've run into, I sometimes see that they draw up a spiffy map of where everything's gonna happen... Since the Fanime location abbreviations kinda hurt my brain, is there any way there'll be a map?
Cosplays for FANIME:
John Egbert from Homestuck/MSPA. (ALL WEEKEND- BOOYAH.)

IneloquentFormalties

Sorry! Change of plans on my part, I'll be there as Jack Noir. (Jackspers version)
Tumblr::IneloquentFormalities
Facebook::EloquentArtistry

ZetsubouSensei

Thanks for the link to the tutorial :) hanyann made it look amazing!

however, I'm having difficulty finding theatrical makeup (in this case, Ben Nye). If had known i would be doing this, I would have bought a bunch of it when the Spirit halloween store was open, cause thats the only place i've seen it. Any ideas on where to find it? (because from what I hear, eyeshadow isn't the best option >_>)

quadhonk

Quote from: ZetsubouSensei on April 28, 2011, 12:47:22 PM
Thanks for the link to the tutorial :) hanyann made it look amazing!

however, I'm having difficulty finding theatrical makeup (in this case, Ben Nye). If had known i would be doing this, I would have bought a bunch of it when the Spirit halloween store was open, cause thats the only place i've seen it. Any ideas on where to find it? (because from what I hear, eyeshadow isn't the best option >_>)

I'm personally using the Ben Nye, I got it at a local costume shop that thankfully sells it. I've also heard that Mehron is really good quality theatrical makeup, so if you can get your hands on that it would probably work too. The biggest problem is unless you can get it at local stores, it's kind of a pain to get your hands on. Buying it online usually costs a ton for shipping and most theatrical supply sites require a minimum purchase higher than what the makeup itself costs. I'd say search around for any costuming stores in your area, although places like Party City are not going to have high quality stuff.(Staaaaay away from el cheapo grease paint! That stuff is evil) Try independent or smaller costume shops because they might have a better selection of higher quality products.

quadhonk

I might buy some extra grey makeup and sell it to people at the con if they need emergency/last minute supplies.

vegetable

i've posted this on the cosplay.com thread, but just want to put this here as well -
i'm going to be going as kanaya, and my friend is coming as vriska. my little sister is coming as terezi, too! fun times

Melodicanth

If all works out and I can go, I'll be there as Terezi! Alone, sadly. But it's overall a maybe as I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to Fanime at all.

Leslie~Leslie

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

GOSHDARNIT, AND HERE I WAS THINKING I WAS GOING TO BE THE ONLY NEPETA oh well :}

So, yeah, Another Nepeta in here!

All Jades, I will be jelly out of my minds for you. Totally would have been her had I not been dragged into the Troll-cosplay group by my friends/Anime club first
Oh what

Why

Why did I just do that. ono

Deflare

I shall be attending as Vriska-outfit!John (still trying to decide if I want to bother getting the bright red-and-yellow shoes), and my roommate shall most likely be there as Four Aces!Dave. Because John and Dave are bros, yo.

And a side note to anyone playing Exiles: Having contemplated doing the same, I salute you for going through with it.
Cosplays: 2008: Light Yagami (Death Note), Nicholas D. Wolfood (Trigun) 2010: Luigi (Mario Bros.), Spirit Albarn (Soul Eater) 2011: Detective Gumshoe (Ace Attorney), John Egbert (Homestuck)

SabienStrange

Fffuu-how did I not notice this thread a month ago wtf. |x
Anyway, I'm spitting out a Karkat cosplay and coming to this fabulous shindig.
And man, I'm not even ready for this. I don't even have nubs. They're like, 2 hours away sitting in some sweaty beast's room.
Speaking of sweaty beasts, I'm bringing an Equius with me.

I've only been to Fanime like, once before, and I was in a daze most of the time.
So I'm not exactly sure if 1st Floor Convention Center means outside in front of the con center, or inside it in the lobby?
I was just gonna walk around and be really loud and hope some grey people find me. ._.;

SunshineDuk

I'll be there as Bro, and I will have a Neophyte Redglare with me. Kickin' it oldschool~

~Duk
Sometimes, I go into space. Sometimes, I don't come back. Sometimes, it's a wind-up for a ROCKET PUNCH.