Baked goods panel

Started by Meever, February 25, 2011, 10:09:43 PM

Meever

After my string of oddball jobs I have settled on baker for the last year. After working 6 days a week for a year I think I've got enough experience to convey simple concepts and answer any questions you guys might have. I had the following recipes lined up:

Melon Pan (Melon looking breads  ;D)
Korokke/Croquette (Those fried donuts covered in bread crumbs usually served with katsu sauce)
Taiyaki (fish-shaped breads)
Mochi (yeah, technically not baked. Bite me! XD)
"Pudding" (Japanese call it pudding, but it's technically more like a flan...)

Were there anything else you guys wanted to see? Those are the only Japanese styled goods we make at our shop and I figured that would peak the community's interest.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

P.S.
There will be samples.

P.S.S.
And yes, they will be awesome

Kava

As a note, FYI: You cannot give out samples of food at a panel. It's a restriction placed on us by the Hotel/Convention Center, and not something I or my staff can do anything about. Even still packaged consumables are not allowed to be given out, as samples, as prizes, or in any other way at a panel.

The panelists are welcome to have snacks for themselves up on stage, but they cannot share them with the audience as part of the panel.

You'd definitely be able to give a panel showing video of how to make certain foods, and giving recipes, sharing tips, etc... but no samples, sorry.
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

Meever

I see. Thank you very much for the information.

Can I bring food as a prop? Show how it should look/feel/smell when it's complete?

Roguemagus

This looks good! I have a particular interest in cooking and I'll see if I can show up.

Kava

Quote from: Meever on February 26, 2011, 02:32:25 PM
I see. Thank you very much for the information.

Can I bring food as a prop? Show how it should look/feel/smell when it's complete?

You can bring food in, so long as none of it is handed out to the audience. :)
Rena

RooBird

I hope this comes into fruition! I'd love to go. Especially after my disastrous attempt at making melon pan before, this would definitely be a panel that pertains to me.  :D
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
FemmeMedic (Team Fortress 2)

Meever

I think I applied for panel space.... but I don't remember now  ;D

Where can I find out if I applied? I don't want to clog up the system by applying twice XD

Kava

Quote from: Meever on March 22, 2011, 06:36:30 PM
I think I applied for panel space.... but I don't remember now  ;D

Where can I find out if I applied? I don't want to clog up the system by applying twice XD
Send an e-mail to panelsATfanimeDOTcom. Include your name, the panel title, if you can remember it, and the name of any helper you listed on the panel form.

-Rena
Rena

Meever

Cool beans. I applied and got rejection so far XD keep your fingers crossed folks they're doing another bundle of approvals in a week or something....

This is very nerve racking.

.::midnight.maiden::.

Hey I am super interested in this panel if it happens. Just wondering, do you think you will make the foods in front of us and bring appliances if allowed? I would also request recipe cards for panel attendees so we can possibly make them at home! ^__^
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-