How to Make a Cosplay Group 2012 w/ Sencha Productions

Started by MokurenTattoo, March 04, 2011, 08:57:47 PM

MokurenTattoo

Hello!

Sencha Productions has yet again decided to host the How to Make a Cosplay Group panel for 2012, so I decided to update in information thread, just to confirm that we will be sending in an application to host this panel again once the time comes around again.

If you don't know, this panel basically gives you tips on how to make a cosplay group. We'll tell you ways to start one, how to gain members, the pros and cons. We'll also share our past experiences within our cosplay group (though we will NOT be using names) in hopes that it'll give everyone an idea of what cosplay groups go through. We'll be mentioning key websites for groups, advertising methods, and much more!

Hope to see you in 2012!
2012 Cosplays:
Hope Estheim (FFXIII) | Finnian (Kuroshitsuji) | Luka Megurine (Vocaloid) | Kagome Higurashi (InuYasha) | Kathy (Harvest Moon) | Kida Masaomi (DRRR!!)

IneloquentFormalties

This sounds like an interesting panel. Having been in a group myself, I think it is also a good idea to stress the positive points such as group cosplays, fun events, dA groups, youtube videos, picking out a group name! (Maybe talking about making sure to find a name everyone agrees on that will still be good down the like [ie: ShadowCloneJutsu cosplay may be bad down the line because people in the group may not like Naruto forever, and when the time comes, your stuck with that group name) However, it is also good to bring up the negative points of being in a group. Things such as in groups some people tend to feel neglected, how being in a group can put pressure on some people, making sure everyone is organized and/or what the guidelines if you have any for cosplays your group may do together are if they are a serious business cosplay group, and group decisions. etc etc.  Provided, it all depends on the seriousness/over all intentions of the group. Most of the time, people just call a bunch of friends a group and just dork around. (Sorry to go all negative up on your thread. c: )
Tumblr::IneloquentFormalities
Facebook::EloquentArtistry

MokurenTattoo

I'll definitely talk about a lot of that. c:
2012 Cosplays:
Hope Estheim (FFXIII) | Finnian (Kuroshitsuji) | Luka Megurine (Vocaloid) | Kagome Higurashi (InuYasha) | Kathy (Harvest Moon) | Kida Masaomi (DRRR!!)

airanimechiic

Oh man I am going. I've been depressingly failing to make groups for the past 3 years so I'd probably like to know what I'm doing wrong xD
Me!
Videos <3
Blog <3
Dance <3
Twitter: @resachiic
Instagram: @resachiic

Cosplays 2019: Luna(SailorMoon), Mimikyu

MokurenTattoo

Great to hear, since you have experience with groups that have gone slightly wrong, I think I'd be interesting to hear about it during the panel if you're willing to speak.
2012 Cosplays:

MokurenTattoo

2012 Cosplays:

MokurenTattoo

2012 Cosplays:

MokurenTattoo

2012 Cosplays: