Puella Magi Madoka Magica 2011!!

Started by Hinoto, March 13, 2011, 10:02:15 AM

TriggerOfHel

Hey there guys. I went to take some pictures at the event this year and I was wondering if anyone knew those two girls who were dressed as QB and handing out contracts. They were really great and I was wondering if they've done anything else in the past...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Kuudere

Quote from: TriggerOfHel on May 30, 2011, 08:52:26 PM
Hey there guys. I went to take some pictures at the event this year and I was wondering if anyone knew those two girls who were dressed as QB and handing out contracts. They were really great and I was wondering if they've done anything else in the past...

Yay! I'm glad you liked us! The one in the white wig was me, and the other was my friend. We've both cosplayed other outfits both this year and in the past, but I don't think we've done anything interactive like this before. I was also the clumsy Celty in the Durarara gathering this year.

It truly was fun getting all the contracts signed and seeing what people wished for. And I was so happy there were other Kyuubeys at the gathering as well! He hasn't gotten enough love at the other conventions I've seen pictures of.

Also! There was a guy from Aniplex.jp that was scoping out the scene to see if Madoka would be profitable in the US and he talked to us, took a picture and even signed a contract, too. His wish was to "Buy Madoka DVD in US." So if AniplexUSA happens to dub Madoka, our little gathering may have had a hand in it. How cool is that?

EDIT: I know that there were people who wanted to read/sign the contracts and weren't able to because we had to run to the FLOW autograph session right after the gathering, so I'll share the contract here. And yes, the rune border does say something.  ;)

TriggerOfHel

Quote from: MeowDesu on May 31, 2011, 10:26:00 AM

Yay! I'm glad you liked us! The one in the white wig was me, and the other was my friend. We've both cosplayed other outfits both this year and in the past, but I don't think we've done anything interactive like this before. I was also the clumsy Celty in the Durarara gathering this year.

It truly was fun getting all the contracts signed and seeing what people wished for. And I was so happy there were other Kyuubeys at the gathering as well! He hasn't gotten enough love at the other conventions I've seen pictures of.

Also! There was a guy from Aniplex.jp that was scoping out the scene to see if Madoka would be profitable in the US and he talked to us, took a picture and even signed a contract, too. His wish was to "Buy Madoka DVD in US." So if AniplexUSA happens to dub Madoka, our little gathering may have had a hand in it. How cool is that?

EDIT: I know that there were people who wanted to read/sign the contracts and weren't able to because we had to run to the FLOW autograph session right after the gathering, so I'll share the contract here. And yes, the rune border does say something.  ;)

Oh wow! That's pretty crazy -- glad to hear the fans have some actual influence with the industry. I guess that's part of what conventions are all about. Anyway, I think you two had a really great idea. Just looking at cosplayers out-and-about is fun and all, but you guys were really dynamic, and I just wanted to compliment you a few more times. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

LordKefka

I was so impressed with the gathering it brought me to tears almost T~T

FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Lil Stein

I had so much fun at the gathering, it was full of laughs, fun and fantastic people. I'm glad my Mami cosplay was well recieved. It was one of my first major projects I've worked on. For those wondering I was the shorter of the two male Mamis that were there. :D

Chuds

Person with the Kyuubey sign here. That gathering was fun!
This was actually the first time I've done/made something for a con. Gotta thank my boredom for that.  :D

@MeowDesu You and your friend's idea was simply brilliant! And I just deciphered the runes along the sides... Good one! And here's hoping the wish goes through. Ahahaha...

@Lil Stien You had a teacup with you, right?

Also, I managed to take some photos if you noticed me running around during the gathering. Links to my album in the "One Stop Shot Shop" and "Did you take my photo?" threads if you haven't checked them out yet. Disappointed that I didn't take more. Oh well.

Lil Stein

Quote from: Chuds on May 31, 2011, 11:02:35 PM
Person with the Kyuubey sign here. That gathering was fun!
This was actually the first time I've done/made something for a con. Gotta thank my boredom for that.  :D

@MeowDesu You and your friend's idea was simply brilliant! And I just deciphered the runes along the sides... Good one! And here's hoping the wish goes through. Ahahaha...

@Lil Stien You had a teacup with you, right?

Also, I managed to take some photos if you noticed me running around during the gathering. Links to my album in the "One Stop Shot Shop" and "Did you take my photo?" threads if you haven't checked them out yet. Disappointed that I didn't take more. Oh well.

Aye that I did, I was the Mami with a teacup :D I'll be sure to scope out your pics for sure!

Aralonia

'Sup, everyone. I was the male!Sayaka cosplay out there. Glad we all had fun, and thanks for the laughs and fantastic things.

MASSIVE props to the Morning Rescue guys for memorising and performing the entire spiel every time they posed for a photo.

jvpenguin

This gathering had the best cosplays. Morning Rescue team and businessman Kyubey too good. I got lots of good photos. Starts on page 5:
https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/7785172/1/Fanime%202011_05_29?h=497d10

Just PM me here or leave a comment here if you find yourself:
http://jvpenguin.deviantart.com/journal/41027976/
aka Realpenguin/rptanoc
Canon 50D, Tamron 28-75mm f2.8
New photographer, but not all that new to Fanime.
http://jvpenguin.deviantart.com/

Snippershoo

Waah I made it to the gathering late and was only there for the last big group photo. I was the Madoka with the Morning Rescue guys on Friday/Saturday. ;-;
It looked really epic though and I wish I had more of a chance to meet and talk with you all. I really wanted to sign a contract too...

I'll tell them that a bunch of people thought they were awesome. MASSIVE thanks to the guy who lent us the bottle of legit Morning Rescue.

Kuudere

Quote from: Snippershoo on June 01, 2011, 07:50:53 PM
Waah I made it to the gathering late and was only there for the last big group photo. I was the Madoka with the Morning Rescue guys on Friday/Saturday. ;-;
It looked really epic though and I wish I had more of a chance to meet and talk with you all. I really wanted to sign a contract too...

I'll tell them that a bunch of people thought they were awesome. MASSIVE thanks to the guy who lent us the bottle of legit Morning Rescue.

Aww...that makes me sad that I missed you. I know it's not exactly the same, but I posted a copy of the contract above if you wanted one.  :)

I think I made friends with one of your Morning Rescue guys one Facebook. I thought it'd be great to send some of the Morning Rescue and gathering pictures to gg subs, since they're the ones that started this madness. They'd probably be amused to see it.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like someone linked to a picture of them already in gg's blog yesterday. They'll probably find it soon.  ;D

Hinoto

Thank you to everyone who showed up! Only a few people replied here and on coscom so I expected it to be a small gathering. BOY WAS I WRONG!! So much love for everyone.

Also, Kyubey-chans, I totally expect my cookie-making, massage-giving butler ASAP.

Also, after seeing all the photos, I realized my flowers were on backwards. Oh wells!

f0calizer

Hello, sorry for the late posting, but I finally got my pictures up. Have a look over here:

http://f0calizer.deviantart.com/gallery/30701780

Thanks to everyone who was there -- this event was the highlight of my first Fanime experience! And a special thank you to Hinoto for organizing it! I don't know if anyone else from this group is going to be at AX Madoka cosplay photoshoot in July, but I'll be there with my camera.

Kuudere

Hey guys, just an update with what I was saying about how our gathering may have helped influence licensing of Madoka...

It just got licensed by Aniplex(USA)! I have a feeling we were a part of that when they scoped the gathering out at Fanime. Yay! Now hopefully we can look forward to semi-affordable DVDs and some merchandise.

http://www.madokamagicausa.com