K-ON Gathering 2011 (Gathering Day Change?)

Started by Shizune, March 13, 2011, 10:12:10 PM

Motoko

Observers are okay right?
I might come to see everyone from one of my favorite anime.
Props to everyone going~

I'm curious about a small request though this is probably so late. ^^;
Just a small suggestion actually not a really request.
If anyone can play music, then I would like to request this song played:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dggqo_PJFcA

The rock version of their school anthem. =)
One of the only pieces where EVERYONE in the band sings.
So like while this song plays, everyone can pose for pictures when their respective character sings or something like that.
Just to have some fun.
Not sure if anyone thinks this is a good idea but just something I wanted to throw out there as it is one of my favorite songs (Mugi and Azusa and Ritsu sing as well, which is rare to hear).
Anyway just a suggestion~
Hope to make it at saturday 11am to watch and have some fun (since I'm not cos/crossplaying anyone from K-on...but vocaloid).

Shizune

Quote from: Motoko on May 20, 2011, 11:41:16 PM
Observers are okay right?
I might come to see everyone from one of my favorite anime.
Props to everyone going~

I'm curious about a small request though this is probably so late. ^^;
Just a small suggestion actually not a really request.
If anyone can play music, then I would like to request this song played:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dggqo_PJFcA

The rock version of their school anthem. =)
One of the only pieces where EVERYONE in the band sings.
So like while this song plays, everyone can pose for pictures when their respective character sings or something like that.
Just to have some fun.
Not sure if anyone thinks this is a good idea but just something I wanted to throw out there as it is one of my favorite songs (Mugi and Azusa and Ritsu sing as well, which is rare to hear).
Anyway just a suggestion~
Hope to make it at saturday 11am to watch and have some fun (since I'm not cos/crossplaying anyone from K-on...but vocaloid).

I'm sure observers are welcome. I don't mind it, and I don't think anybody else will.

I'm not sure if we can actually play it. Finding a place to plug in an amp might be kind of hard. I'll ask QMagumi if he can. Bringing the amp might be a hassle.

Shizune

Or rather, I read it wrong. QMagumi is bringing a stereo, so we'll play that. My mistake!

Motoko

Cools~
It really is one of my favorite songs done by all the characters in After School Tea-time.
So hope to hear it and see what everyone will do~
Sounds fun~

God91125

A K-On gathering :O I'm not cosplaying as anyone from there but I will say a couple things! I shall be there to take pictures and to put out a warning that I will have to JAKKA JAN with a Yui cosplayer. :3

Actually I guess I'll submit a request for a possible photo / video idea should get all the Ritsu's in the background and have the rest of the gang JAKKA JAN Ritsu. :3 In any case haha just a random idea from a fan boy. xD Will def have to check out this gathering.

Shizune

Quote from: God91125 on May 21, 2011, 04:30:33 PM
A K-On gathering :O I'm not cosplaying as anyone from there but I will say a couple things! I shall be there to take pictures and to put out a warning that I will have to JAKKA JAN with a Yui cosplayer. :3

Actually I guess I'll submit a request for a possible photo / video idea should get all the Ritsu's in the background and have the rest of the gang JAKKA JAN Ritsu. :3 In any case haha just a random idea from a fan boy. xD Will def have to check out this gathering.

I don't see why not. That might be pretty funny. I think we have like 12 people coming, so it won't be hard to arrange something.

God91125

Awesome :D Man I miss K-On :( can't wait for the movie.

Rin_chan

Quote from: Shizune on May 21, 2011, 06:32:58 PM
Quote from: God91125 on May 21, 2011, 04:30:33 PM

I don't see why not. That might be pretty funny. I think we have like 12 people coming, so it won't be hard to arrange something.

That sounds like a fun idea XD I know me and my Yui friend would be up for it!

Shizune

If no one brings snacks we won't have much. So please try to bring something!

Rin_chan

I'll try and bring something! I know last year in the dealers hall a japanese food store had a booth up, so maybe I can buy a few bags of some tasty candies to share with you all :3

Shizune

Quote from: Rin_chan on May 24, 2011, 10:50:28 AM
I'll try and bring something! I know last year in the dealers hall a japanese food store had a booth up, so maybe I can buy a few bags of some tasty candies to share with you all :3

Do you remember what they had at that? I don't remember what they had there.

Rin_chan

Quote from: Shizune on May 24, 2011, 06:23:27 PM

Not really, I didn't spend much time in the dealers hall last year due to lack of funds XD

Shizune

Quote from: Rin_chan on May 24, 2011, 07:24:31 PM

Not really, I didn't spend much time in the dealers hall last year due to lack of funds XD

If you don't mind, try to avoid getting Pocky. I really don't like it...

Rin_chan

Quote from: Shizune on May 24, 2011, 09:25:15 PM

I like it every so often, but i thinks its a bit overrated.

Shizune

Quote from: Rin_chan on May 24, 2011, 11:10:05 PM

Agreed. Tasteless and boring. I wish we had cake :(

ShadowKnight508

Quote from: Shizune on May 24, 2011, 11:36:00 PM

You guys should have someone bring like a white frosted cake with some strawberries on it. That would be better than the bland Pocky sticks anyday xD
Currently doing massive wiki edits on AnimeVice. Will be doing cosplay photos at FanimeCon for AnimeVice's site. T-minus 3 days to FanimeCon!

Planned Cons: FanimeCon 2011, KinToki-Con 2011, SACAnime 2011
http://shadowknight508.deviantart.com/gallery

Shizune

Quote from: ShadowKnight508 on May 25, 2011, 12:06:13 AM
Quote from: Shizune on May 24, 2011, 11:36:00 PM

You guys should have someone bring like a white frosted cake with some strawberries on it. That would be better than the bland Pocky sticks anyday xD

So expensive! If we want to chip in for one, I'll be down. But I dunno where to get one.

TriggerOfHel

Ahm~ Well, I'll be going as Azusa this year -- my first cosplay ever. I'll probably be there if I get enough confidence, haha. Please take good care of me! x_x
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Shizune

Quote from: TriggerOfHel on May 25, 2011, 01:05:38 AM
Ahm~ Well, I'll be going as Azusa this year -- my first cosplay ever. I'll probably be there if I get enough confidence, haha. Please take good care of me! x_x

Don't worry about it, I'm sure it'll be great fun. I'll put you down in the first post, so please try to make it!

TriggerOfHel

Okay, I'll do my best!

Uhm, should I bring my guitar and amp? I don't know how to play all the songs yet, but I worked on it a little in preparation...
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein