FanimeCon 2011 E-Gaming Official Thread =Revision 3.0=

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), March 19, 2011, 10:37:50 PM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

FANIMECON'S EGAMING

EVENT SCHEDULE LINE-UP

Click on game (if link is applicable) for the event rules.

FRIDAY

___Time___
__________Game__________
___System___
_Format__
5:00 PM | Street Fighter III: Third Strike | Playstation 2 | 1 Vs. 1
6:00 PM | Pokemon | Nintendo DS | 1 Vs. 1 Single
8:00 PM | Street Fighter II: HD Remix | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
8:00 PM | Super Mario Bros 1 | NES | Speed Run
9:00 PM | BlazBlue: Continuum Shift | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1

SATURDAY

___Time___
_______Game________
________System________
____Format____
1:00 PM | Halo: Reach | XBox360 | 2 Vs. 2
2:00 PM | Super Street Fighter IV | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
3:00 PM | Super Smash Bros Brawl | Wii | 1 Vs. 1 No-Items
4:00 PM | Pokemon | Nintendo DS | 1 Vs. 1 Singles (Part 2)
5:00 PM | Twinkle Star Sprites | Dreamcast | 1 Vs. 1
6:00 PM | GoldenEye | Nintendo 64 | TBA
7:00 PM | Mortal Kombat (2011) | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
9:00 PM | Dance Dance Revolution | Playstation 2 | Freestyle Performance

SUNDAY

___Time___
_________Game_________
___System___
__Format___
12:00 PM | Mario Bros. | NES | 1 Vs. 1 Battle
2:00 PM | DJ Hero 2 | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1 Score Attack
4:00 PM | Pokemon | Nintendo DS | 2 Vs. 2 Singles
4:00 PM | Tekken 6 | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
5:00 PM | Forza 3 | Xbox360 | 1 Vs. 1
6:00 PM | Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
9:00 PM | Arcana Hearts 3 | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1

NOTES

WHILE PC GAMING IS BACK AND IS PART OF EGAMING, PC GAMING HAS ITS OWN THREAD AS WELL!!!  CLICK HERE FOR UPDATED INFORMATION!!

General:

• There will be an info desk that will display eGaming's information, whether it's tournament rules, general rules and guidelines, or other questions about gaming.
  • Bring Your Own Controller Policy: It is highly suggested that you bring your own controller for tournaments.  For Free Play use, we will allow it to a certain extent.
  • Bringing your own consoles or to set up and play at eGaming grounds is prohibited!
  • PC Gaming only: you are allowed to bring laptops or PC's.  Whatever content is displayed to the public in your laptop or PC does not conflict with arcade (i.e bringing Street Fighter IV when there's an arcade cabinet present) nor is illegal at cons (i.e. Stepmania, MUGEN).
  • Do NOT take equipment that does NOT belong to you!  While FanimeCon supports the fans, we oppose theft.
  • Please treat the equipment with professional respect.
  • If people are waiting to play, please show respect others to play the game too.  The potential exception is if we have a versus-based game available (excluding music games), in which winner can stay and loser gives away his/her spot.
  • You may customize some game options.  However, it isn't recommended.
  • Customizing console settings is strictly prohibited.
  • Attaching non-controller devices like storage devices is strictly prohibited.
  • To respect the arcade's services provided for FanimeCon, we will not provide free gaming for specific games unless it's used for tournaments only (example: Super Street Fighter IV).  See the list of arcades for more details (click here).
  • Arcade Gaming is NOT the same thing as eGaming!!!  Arcade Gaming will have their own help desk booth!!
  • Follow con etiquette!  Yes, this includes showering, brushing your teeth, washing your hands after certain events, and so forth.
  • FOOD, DRINKS, OR ANY LIQUIDS IN BOTTLES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED NEAR EGAMING!!!  We are VERY STRICT on this policy.
  • Announcements will be highly updated on Twitter during con!  Please KEEP UP-TO-DATE OR ELSE YOU'LL MISS OUT!!
  • For more information on the rules, please click on the tournament links above.

Entry Cap information:

• 128 Entrants for most tournaments in single-elimination.
  • 32 Entrants, if double-elimination exists.
  • Specific tournaments or contests DJ Hero are undefined.  Such tournaments have special rulings.  See specific event for details.

Tournament Registration Policies (IMPORTANT!!):

• All tournaments marked with a ??? are TBA.  Stay tuned for more details.
  • Tournament registration for ALL tournaments (EXCEPT BlazBlue, see below) start on Friday @ 10 AM at the eGaming station.
  • All game tournaments are first-come first serve.  Please register early.  We will not be doing pre-registrations!
  • In case specific tournament slots are filled, there will be a reserve list.  While we cannot guarantee a spot, please show up still!
  • Check in begins 1 hour before the tournament and ends 15 minutes before the tournament starts.  You MUST be present at those times, EVEN if you are on the possible waiting list!!  If your name is called and you don't show up, expect to be axed out of the tournament; others on the waiting list WILL replace you.  In other words, if ya snooze, ya lose.
  • Stay in line!  There will be multiple registration staffers to assist you.  You can sign up for more than one tournament.  If you are that hardcore, you can sign up for all the tournaments if you wish, but think carefully.
  • You can only go the line station only once.  Once you register for your tournaments, that's it.  No more going back in line, so think carefully.
  • Don't be a bonehead and simply sign up for every tournament you feel interested in signing up for just to secure a spot and then later NOT show up.  We know who you are, so don't even dare pull that!!!
  • During the tournament, do NOT leave!!!  If it's an emergency such as a potty break or participating in another tournament, LET THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER AND STAFFER KNOW.  If you show up late, expect a forfeit.
  • Cutting in line is prohibited.  If you are caught cutting in line, you will be sent to the back of the line.
  • Once you leave the line for any reason, you can't go back to your spot.
  • Signing up other people in tournaments is prohibited.  Singles tournaments are no exceptions at all.  However, team tournaments may be an exception to "signing up other people" rule.  I suspect that everyone in the team show up.  Otherwise, good luck competing against the opposing team for Halo: Reach.

Specific Games:

• To compete in any handheld event or tournament, you must have your own legit game.  Some games may use only 1 game, but please do not rely on that at all.  Bootlegged ROMs will not be accepted.

If you have any questions, feel free to post.  If it's tournament-related, feel free to post on the appropriate threads or this one or PM the tournament organizers (usually the poster of the rules).  If it's private, please PM Jonas (head), Michael (co-head), or Patrick (PC Gaming Lead) and we'll see what we can do.  If it is something that you want to discuss with us between you and staff, email [email protected] at any time.  Thanks.

OTHER LINKS

Official eGaming Twitter:

Official FanimeCon's eGaming Page on Facebook:

There will be a couple of changes in the schedule soon.  Please check the thread frequently.  Thanks.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

TC X0 Lt 0X

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Will be up soon.  Tournament Organizer will post the rules ASAP.   :D

Xepherian

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 20, 2011, 12:53:57 AM
Reach format please.

Oh no.
Here we go again.

On another note:
I see that our section is moved much farther back rather then next to the door this year.

Kimani

The PC gaming thread linked there is for last year it would seem?

Anyway, I have a big giant vote for a Starcraft II 2v2 tournament~

HakureiSandwih

Can we suggest other things in this thread also?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

As mentioned before, yes, you guys can discuss stuff that you guys want here.  Like in the old threads, the more suggestions, the merrier.  ^_^

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Xepherian on March 21, 2011, 10:12:16 AM
Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 20, 2011, 12:53:57 AM
Reach format please.

Oh no.
Here we go again.

On another note:
I see that our section is moved much farther back rather then next to the door this year.

Damn right.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

HakureiSandwih

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on March 21, 2011, 08:46:09 PM
As mentioned before, yes, you guys can discuss stuff that you guys want here.  Like in the old threads, the more suggestions, the merrier.  ^_^

Ah, ok, I apologize.

anyways I think rock band 3 would be really fun to have!

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: HakureiSandwih on March 22, 2011, 02:19:45 PM
Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on March 21, 2011, 08:46:09 PM

Ah, ok, I apologize.

anyways I think rock band 3 would be really fun to have!

We should have that available for Free Play.  =)

k76wn

64 Spaces (get it?? *wink wink nudge nudge*)

rounds 1 and 2 will be 4-player free for all

all following rounds will be 1v1

NO ODDJOB

Rounds 1 and 2 map:
Cave

Rounds 3 to semifinal: Egypt
(cave and egypt can be switched)

Final Round: Facility

weapons: Power Weapons for Round 1 and 2

Pistols only for remaining rounds

this isnt set in stone so i will keep an update up for this if something changes.

if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know
" 'You HATE people!' -Dante
'...But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?' -Randal'"

PyronIkari

Quote from: k76wn on March 23, 2011, 01:54:51 PM

NO ODDJOB

Rounds 1 and 2 map:
Cave

this isnt set in stone so i will keep an update up for this if something changes.

Pistols only is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and makes for 25 min rounds of running in circles. Especially in facility Where you can kite endlessly as it's easy to note opponent position. Whoever gets shot first basically kites for remaining time  Unless the other guy screws up to get a shot of them, and it's easier for the kiter not to get hit(strangely).

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz match.

Sijy

The only game I want a tournament for is Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

raltga

Quote from: Sijy on March 27, 2011, 07:46:24 AM
The only game I want a tournament for is Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

This please.

k76wn

Quote from: PyronIkari on March 23, 2011, 02:52:11 PM
Quote from: k76wn on March 23, 2011, 01:54:51 PM

NO ODDJOB

Rounds 1 and 2 map:
Cave

Pistols only is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and makes for 25 min rounds of running in circles. Especially in facility Where you can kite endlessly as it's easy to note opponent position. Whoever gets shot first basically kites for remaining time  Unless the other guy screws up to get a shot of them, and it's easier for the kiter not to get hit(strangely).

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz match.

i forgot to mention timed rounds
" 'You HATE people!' -Dante
'...But I love gatherings. Isn't it ironic?' -Randal'"

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

TC X0 Lt 0X

Wow where is my info on Reach so I can start to SCREAM REAL LOUD.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Mizuki

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

UPDATED: Revision 2 of the tournaments!  Added Pokemon, Twinkle Star Sprites, and Mortal Kombat to the list!

I will answer PC Gaming questions after this meeting.

Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom was considered, but unfortunately was not added to the final list.  =(

KusanagiShiro

I guess Phantasy Star Portable 2/PSPo2 Infinity isn't all that popular? X.x Well how about Valkyria Chronicles 1, Valkyria Chronicles 2 or Valkyria Chronicles 3? or BlazBlue Calamity Trigger/Continuum Shift I/Continuum Shift II? Or even Arcana Heart 1/2/3?