FanimeCon 2011 E-Gaming Official Thread =Revision 3.0=

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), March 19, 2011, 10:37:50 PM

Iria

Hello, I'm new to these forums but I look forward to attending the Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament!

I might be a scrub, but is there a more detailed version of the exact tournament rules? Are you guys using the Unity Ruleset (viewable in the link)?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12492158

Also, is it double or single elimination? Thank you in advance for considering my question, and I look forward to meeting players from out of state!

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

A couple of updates and replies:

Iria: All tournaments will be single-elimination.  And thanks for the link.  I believe we have those rulesets like we did before for the past couple of years.  Rulesets will be posted by tournament organizer soon.

PC Gaming, unfortunately, will be shrunk down.  We apologize for inconvenience.  However, there will be limited PCs/Laptops available and Retro Gaming will fill in the missing spots.  More information will be passed sometime soon.

Even though Revision 2 has been released, that doesn't mean that we will not add any more tournaments.  There is still that possibility, so keep your fingers crossed!  ^_^
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

Iria

Ok, thanks for the quick response. As for single elimination, will there be seeding? I'd just hate to go up against some pro or something in the first round!

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

The seeding will be at random; anything can happen.  Good luck!  ^_^

Kamen Rider Tag

Kuposhin

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles Tournament

RULE SET

-Each match is 3 stock, 8 minutes, best 2 out of 3.

-No stalling. This means intentionally running away from your opponent for long periods of time.

-Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned from use.

-Any infinite chain-grabs are limited to 6 chain-grabs.

-Single elimination.

-Items are set to OFF and NONE.

-Odd-stage in/Strike Rule: When the match starts each person takes turns picking a neutral stage they don't want the first match to be played on. The neutral stages open to pick are:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

-After you lose the first match: Tell the other player what level you are going to, they can switch characters, then you can switch characters.

-Counter Pick Stages are:
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Brinstar
Halberd
Delfino Plaza

-Counter Pick Rule: When picking a counter pick stage, a player may not select a stage that they have already won on in the current set.

-Ties/Timeouts will be decided by:

1. Stock left
2. Percentage left
3. Sudden Death
In that order. If a winner can't be decided by the first method, we move to the second, if that fails, we move to the 3rd.

-Advanced Knockouts: After any player wins their first match in a set they must chose 1 stage from the counter pick or neutral stages. That stage is banned for the remainder of the set.

buzzsaw13

No Guilty Gear (accent core)? There were gg tourneys back in 09 and earlier, I believe. And I doubt there would be any shortage of entrants.

Batman77

Quote from: Sijy on March 27, 2011, 07:46:24 AM
The only game I want a tournament for is Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

:) What?  :o no Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2!? Please put that in. I definitely want to request that.

I also want to request Blazblue Continum shift 1 (or 2 Since its suppose to come out in may). But my main request is Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. 8)

I also want to say that last year (2010) you guys did a great job with running your tournaments. It was much better (in my opinion) than the 2009 tournaments.  ;D

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Even though Revision 2 of the list is out with 16 tournaments/events, the tournament organizers may in fact still add more tournaments.  Keep your hopes up!  The staff is working hard on providing as much as possible without overloading the schedule.  ^_^

The official FINAL list will be May 21st (Saturday).

raltga

Quote from: Batman77 on May 04, 2011, 08:53:30 PM
Quote from: Sijy on March 27, 2011, 07:46:24 AM
The only game I want a tournament for is Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2.

:) What?  :o no Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2!? Please put that in. I definitely want to request that.

I also want to request Blazblue Continum shift 1 (or 2 Since its suppose to come out in may). But my main request is Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2. 8)

I also want to say that last year (2010) you guys did a great job with running your tournaments. It was much better (in my opinion) than the 2009 tournaments.  ;D

this please!
my girlfriend and i have been training!
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 please :D

Duralath

Are you still doing double elim for 3S or are you gonna switch to single elim to save time, with double elim for top 8?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Rules for 3rd Strike should be posted shortly.  I have notified the tournament organizers to post them ASAP.   ;D

sedisbreak

no blazblue CS this year? this is my first time going to fanime hopefully (and on this xD) but man, ive been like seriously training my butt to see how i am against other players on BBCS. Hopefully the final list will have BBCS, because dammit! c[xD I am anxious to see other BBCS players rather than myself, talk to them for a moment and hoping to see like top BBCS players there also.

and hopefully its on a weekend xD sad that i wont be coming on friday, but the weekend should be fun =]

Skyline

For Super Mario Bros. Speedrun, we will use the same general ruleset from last year:

General Rules:
1.) In order to enter, one of the E-Gaming Staff members must be present with a stop watch in order to keep time.  (myself, V-Bo, or a fellow staffer)
2.) We will most likely be using the original NES. So get use to the pad while you can!  We'll have multiple controllers so if one doesn't feel right we can offer a switch.
3.) You cannot bring your own controller. We will have our own for you to use.
4.) Warp zones are legal.
5.) Wall jumps are legal.
6.) Glitches are illegal. This includes pipe glitches and walking through wall glitches.
7.) Power ups can be used.
8.) Killing Bowser with any power up is legal.
9.) Mario legs being invincible during the upward part of his jump is legal. Try to use it to your advantage.
10.) You can use as many lives and game overs as you like as long as you're under the time limit.

Prelims/Entry Qualification Rules:
1.) To qualify for the next round, you must make it from World 1-1 to World 4-1 in two (2) minutes or less. (FYI, the world record is ~1 minute)
2.) You have two chances to reach World 4-1 within the time limit.
3.) If you qualify on your first attempt, you have the option of making a second attempt to improve your time.  Your fastest time may be used to determine competition and play order in the following rounds.  By taking your second chance, you will not jeopardize your position in the next round.
4.) You are only allowed one slot in the following rounds.  If both of your runs qualify, this will not give you two slots in the following rounds.
5.) Any run over two minutes is automatically disqualified. This way people don't spend over five minutes trying to qualify.
6.) If you complete a stage with fireworks at the end, we will not deduct time from the run. So make sure your time does not end in 1, 3, or 6.
7.) Disqualification can happen to one of the runs or both.
8.) Warp zones are legal. So warping at World 1-2 to World 4-1 is okay.
9.) Using pipes are legal. So going into the bonus stage in World 1-1 to the end of World 1-1 is okay. As long as it's not a pipe glitch.
10.) Going on top of the roof in World 1-2 for the entire level is legal.
11.) The stop watch will start at the menu. We will press start and start the time at the in the same moment. During the black screen, that is when we'll hand you the controller.
12.) In order to continue onto the next round, you must have one of the top four times.  (If there are a lot of competitors, this metric will be adjusted accordingly.)

Semi-Final Rules:
1.) You and one opponent face off in a speed run battle at the same time on two different systems and tvs.
2.) You have one run to get from World 1-1 to World 8-1.
3.) You can use the warp zones at both World 1-2 and World 4-2.
4.) You cannot use the pipe glitch trick in the middle of World 4-2. You will be disqualified.
5.) You have 5 minutes. If the time ends and no one is at the goal, whoever is closest wins.

Finals:
1.) The final two face off.
2.) You have 15 minutes.
3.) Same rules apply from semi finals.
4.) You must complete the entire game.
5.) World 1-1 to World 8-1 is actually about the same amount of time as World 8-1 to World 8-4 (if you include warp zones), believe it or not.
6.) If both competitors fail to complete the game, the match is restarted.  There must be a finish!

Timing/Tie Breaker rules:
1.) Times will be minutes, seconds, and then milliseconds. So yes, we are including decimals.
2.) If there is a tie, the two of you will play SMB3 battle mode and the victor will move on.
3.) If only 3 people qualify, whoever had the fastest time will get a by.
4.) If only 2 people qualify, it will go straight into finals.

Twinkle Star Sprites

General Rules:
This tournament will be double-elimination.
We will be using the Sega Dreamcast version, with the game speed set to NEO-GEO.
At least two Dreamcast setups will be available for this tournament.
Dreamcast arcade sticks will be available for competitors to use.  If you'd rather use a standard controller, let us know.

Match Format:  best two out of three matches.  The finals will be best three out of five.

No hidden characters may be selected. (Dark Ran, Mevious, Memory)
FanimeCon: eGaming Staff, 2009-2011
Sac-Anime Summer/Winter: Console Game Room Staff, 2009-2011
SNAFU Con: Console Game Room Co-Director, 2010-2011

PyronIkari

QuoteTwinkle Star Sprites

General Rules:
This tournament will be double-elimination.
We will be using the Sega Dreamcast version, with the game speed set to NEO-GEO.
At least two Dreamcast setups will be available for this tournament.
Dreamcast arcade sticks will be available for competitors to use.  If you'd rather use a standard controller, let us know.

Match Format:  best two out of three matches.  The finals will be best three out of five.

No hidden characters may be selected. (Dark Ran, Mevious, Memory)

How did I only notice this now... As awesome as this is, do you really think people will enter a game that almost no one even knows exists/played? And if two top players enter, matches can last forever (When I used to play this game like crazy I had 2 hour matches before). Then again, I don't know what crazy rules the DC version has as I only played the neo geo ver. Is there time match mode and/or what do you do if you do get ties constantly if you're using time match? I'm actually almost tempted to ditch Maid Cafe management and make a 2nd cover to enter this.

Skyline

Quote from: PyronIkari
As awesome as this is, do you really think people will enter a game that almost no one even knows exists/played? And if two top players enter, matches can last forever (When I used to play this game like crazy I had 2 hour matches before). Then again, I don't know what crazy rules the DC version has as I only played the neo geo ver. Is there time match mode and/or what do you do if you do get ties constantly if you're using time match?

This game is a pet favorite amongst a few of the staffers here, and something I've wanted to run for quite a while.  There are quite a few shoot-em-up fans in attendance who are already looking forward to it, and it's apparently quite the popular game at other cons.

I'll actually get in contact with fellow coordinators this weekend, you do bring up a good point!  We may only make the finals two out of three.  Will post a notification of an update if there is one.  Keep in mind that this is also incumbent on overall turnout, and that day'll be pretty hectic.

As for match time, no match time would be set, we will be using standard 1vs1 rules.  The DC version is basically a port of the Neo-Geo version, so the rules and gameplay are the same.
FanimeCon: eGaming Staff, 2009-2011
Sac-Anime Summer/Winter: Console Game Room Staff, 2009-2011
SNAFU Con: Console Game Room Co-Director, 2010-2011

PyronIkari

Quote from: Skyline on May 14, 2011, 05:12:57 AM
Quote from: PyronIkari
As awesome as this is, do you really think people will enter a game that almost no one even knows exists/played? And if two top players enter, matches can last forever (When I used to play this game like crazy I had 2 hour matches before). Then again, I don't know what crazy rules the DC version has as I only played the neo geo ver. Is there time match mode and/or what do you do if you do get ties constantly if you're using time match?

This game is a pet favorite amongst a few of the staffers here, and something I've wanted to run for quite a while.  There are quite a few shoot-em-up fans in attendance who are already looking forward to it, and it's apparently quite the popular game at other cons.

I'll actually get in contact with fellow coordinators this weekend, you do bring up a good point!  We may only make the finals two out of three.  Will post a notification of an update if there is one.  Keep in mind that this is also incumbent on overall turnout, and that day'll be pretty hectic.

As for match time, no match time would be set, we will be using standard 1vs1 rules.  The DC version is basically a port of the Neo-Geo version, so the rules and gameplay are the same.

A friend of mine actually memorized the full patterns I watched her play against another friend of hers almost effortlessly for hours without either one ever taking damage. It was pretty terrible. I thought I was good at the game, this was actually what made me stop playing actually, hahahaha.

Milk Senpai

Sorry for being so late on this guys and fellow staff members, This is Diego or aka Milk-Senpai(lol havent used that name in a while) but here are the rules for Fri-Sat and Sunday Pokemon Black and White DS tournament. Now of course since its Black and white versions that doesn't mean u can only use Unova aka Black and white pokemon if your able to transfer other pokemon from your older versions thats fine. I prefer this to be lvl 100 pokemon but if things comes to worse and people dont have many lvl 100 its not a problem we can do flat battles which brings each pokemon to lvl 50 automatically. here are the rules for single and team battles, I will try and host a team battle on sunday where you can partner up with someone, make a team name and battle another group of two.

6v6 Singles
Species Clause - A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on a team. This includes separate forms of Pokemon, such as Rotom.
Sleep Clause - A player may not put two of the opponent's Pokémon to sleep. If the opponent causes their own Pokémon to fall asleep, that does not fall under Sleep Clause.
Evasion Clause - A Pokémon cannot use Double Team or Minimize or hold the items Brightpowder or Lax Incense.
OHKO Clause - A Pokémon cannot use Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold.
Pokémon Banlist - A team cannot have any of the following Pokémon: Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys-A, Deoxys-N, Dialga, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-S, Zekrom.
Ability Banlist - A team cannot have a Pokémon with any of the following abilities: Moody.
Drizzle Complex Ban - Using one or more Pokémon with Drizzle and one or more Pokémon with Swift Swim on the same team is banned.
No Unreleased Pokémon - A player cannot use unreleased Pokémon. Currently Keldeo, Meloetta, or Genesect.
No Unreleased Items - A player cannot use unreleased items. Currently Soul Dew and Pinch Berries. Example: Salac Berry and Custap Berry.
No Unreleased Abilities - A player cannot use unreleased Abilities

TC X0 Lt 0X

Huh, Blaziken went Uber while I was not looking...

I wish I had B/W.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.