Silent Library (or an equivalent)

Started by Kamen Rider Tag, March 21, 2011, 02:43:28 PM

Kamen Rider Tag

So, the other day I was watching the MTV show "Silent Library", and I thought to myself "Has anyone else ever tried something like this at a convention before?"

For those that don't know, Silent Library is a game show in which a group of 6 undergoes various crazy challenges for cash.  The catch is that they have to stay as quiet as possible (hence the library atmosphere) while going through these challenges or they don't get anything.

Just throwing this out there.  You could probably do it for various prizes instead of cash.

Avairrianna

This would be awesome for stage zero!

I would participate/watch ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

otakuya

It's a good idea, but I doubt you'll find anything at Fanime that's "silent"

Ska_Kitti

Agreed LOL It's hard for anyone to find a silent area unless it's prerecorded.
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

HakureiSandwih

you could try getting a panel room for it

MyMidnightAffair

Quote from: HakureiSandwih on March 24, 2011, 04:52:33 PM
you could try getting a panel room for it

Agreed.
I'd love to see something new, fun, & entertaining like this at Fanime. :D

HakureiSandwih

I really do think that this could be alot of fun, just that there would need to be some good,funny, challenges.

Also I don't want to get belted or anything lol..

Kaycea

For it to work you'd have to play it at night time, recruit people to play before hand and of course have a few "spectators" reading books or playing a board game in the background. Then record it while playing, and show it the next day on the big screen at Stage Zero.You could even throw in quick introductions for the people playing so everyone knows who they are....Of course that's IF this were to happen.

(If it did i'd be so down to help)
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Glitch

Silent Library was originally a segment on a Japanese show. So it relates to Fanime even more or something.(I dunno, just felt like bringing that up)

otakuya

^ Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!! to be exact. I watched the MTV version recently (cuz there wasn't anything on). It's actually not a game show, just entertainment.

Rhornez

^ and thats where i saw it from, i actually got annoyed that they adapted it into an actual show over here

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Kaycea

Quote from: Otakuya on May 19, 2011, 11:37:33 PM
^ Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai ya Arahende!! to be exact. I watched the MTV version recently (cuz there wasn't anything on). It's actually not a game show, just entertainment.
The MTV version is Bleh at best...But Zero Kazama is pretty funny to me with his over seriousness so I'll bump it up from a "bleh" to a "Meh".
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko