New Volunteer Head? On MY Fanimes?

Hi! You'll get to know me very quickly XD
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

otakuapprentice

Quote from: "womanaconda"Yeah, you can do your hours when you want. That's the beauty of it.

Wait, you didn't prereg? Um... Well, technically Thursday stuff is only for those with badges, but since we really like it when people volunteer on Thursday I'll allow volunteering without a badge for a day. Of course you'll have to promise me that you'll get your badge as soon as you can. I remember when I volunteered I did almost all of my hours on Thursday and got them out of the way. Then I was free to enjoy the rest of the con.

Don't worry about being short on hours. That's what Monday was made for. You get double time, so if you're short you can fix it in a jiffy.
trust me, i'm gonna get my badge a.s.a.p on that friday, you can count on that. now i just need to make sure i can get there on that thursday....
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

otakuapprentice

sorry for the double post, dont kill me.

womanaconda: thanks for clearing things up for me at the staff meeting. now i know where to go on that thursday to help out.

now i just have to make it there and i'm all set...
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Graduisc

ahha whoo tomorrow morning! i cant wait. for some reason i get a kick out of volunteering.
and i thought i was mean. ahaha. volunteer since '03ish door guard all day everyday, i sit in front of my own door and say "nope, exit only."

LordKefka

PLease, help with registration as much as you want... especially Saturday... we'll give you COOKIES!!!...O_O...
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Graduisc

yeah i showed up at like 8 on thursday and helped all flipping day with the tech stuff. it was fun though. the pre reg line was killer.
and i thought i was mean. ahaha. volunteer since '03ish door guard all day everyday, i sit in front of my own door and say "nope, exit only."

asuka245

Quote from: "LordKefka"PLease, help with registration as much as you want... especially Saturday... we'll give you COOKIES!!!...O_O...

YUM Cookies are yummy! :D
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

M

Quote from: "asuka245"
Quote from: "LordKefka"PLease, help with registration as much as you want... especially Saturday... we'll give you COOKIES!!!...O_O...

Please don't bump posts unless you're adding something meaningful to the topic.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

asuka245

Quote from: "MPLe"
Quote from: "asuka245"

Please don't bump posts unless you're adding something meaningful to the topic.

Well I think u never have enuff Vol's considering we where so low in Staff this year and well i hope this look better in 08 and have more staff for are Departments to Run more easier and less Stressful if u know what i mean.
Been attending fanime since 99!
Been a fanime Staff since 2000-2007
Video programming--2000-2005
E-gaming--2006-2007
Fanime Con E-Gaming Head for 08,09

M

Quote from: "asuka245"Well I think u never have enuff Vol's considering we where so low in Staff this year and well i hope this look better in 08 and have more staff for are Departments to Run more easier and less Stressful if u know what i mean.

You're not telling me anything that I don't know. However, we have a forum dedicated to staff and volunteers for a reason. Bumping a thread about volunteers without adding any useful information doesn't help.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Chihiro

Is there an age minimum for volunteering? I really want to volunteer, so I have a little extra cash to spend at Fanime. (I only have about $15 a day at 07)
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

Krnchichiri

Quote from: "sakuranoyuki"Is there an age minimum for volunteering? I really want to volunteer, so I have a little extra cash to spend at Fanime. (I only have about $15 a day at 07)
I forget what it is for volunteering, but I know that for staff, they'd like you to be at least 16. [although you don't have to be]

I think they allow 13 yrs and up with parental permission, but I may be lying. >.<
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

pipinator

Cookies?! You guys got yerself a Reno volunteer!! >3

P.S. I know its ok to cosplay while working,[There was a Rude doing Security at Yaoi Con]  but what is expected of us if we're on duty,and someone asks for a picture? Should we tell them "maybe later, i'm busy" or is it ok to let them take the picture????

Krnchichiri

Quote from: pipinator on November 06, 2007, 04:23:13 PM
Cookies?! You guys got yerself a Reno volunteer!! >3

P.S. I know its ok to cosplay while working,[There was a Rude doing Security at Yaoi Con]  but what is expected of us if we're on duty,and someone asks for a picture? Should we tell them "maybe later, i'm busy" or is it ok to let them take the picture????
Well, it depends on how busy you are. If you're say... hanging a light or doing something sensitive and any kind of movement may indeed blow something up, I think it'd be better if you told them to come back later. ;D
But I know that if you're not busy then it's 100% okay to have them take a picture... just as long as that's not all you're doing. o.0
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

elfgirlkaname

Quote from: SuperKawaiiNeko on March 27, 2004, 04:13:57 PM
Is it that time of year again allready? Sheesh.

Allright newbies, listen up.

To be a volunteer you must do this:

1) Be registered for fanime in some fashion. Pre-reg or full con "at the door" are preferred, but we usually take all the help we can get.

2) Show up at the convention. If youre pre regged, you can come on thursday, get your badge, and start earning hours a day early.

3) Be 18 or older, or have a signed permission slip/wavier/soul stealing contract. Unfortunately, the wavier forms are not up yet. Keep an eye on the website during the weeks to come.

4) Show up at the barracks/vol hole/ninja lair all regged up and ready to go. Show them your badge, ID/permission slip, and tell them you wanna be a vol. The lovely assistants (yeah right XD) will hook you up.

5) Work. Work like a slave as though the whips of your master were at your very heels.

6) Have an awesome Fanime ^^

is this still how I volunteer? my sister and I would love to volunteer but I'd like to make sure someone knows we're comming! I think we'd be ok doing anything :D

when I volunteered at Dollectable they set me up with a schedule like a week or two beforehand, could we do that or is it too much trouble? ???
thanks!!
Heidi

Steve.Young

I believe that it is the same general concept yes =P.
Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

kumi-chan

I would like to volunteer and I did pre-reg. online already. So what do I do so that I can volunteer?

ewu

register as usual and then on a con map you can find the vols area. You can talk to them there. sometimes we even have vols at registration!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

elfgirlkaname

so hey what would be the earliest time I could come to volunteer on thursday?

I know registration opened at 5pm last year, but how early should I come if I want to help with registration?  :)

ewu

please e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom.....we might be able to set something up. We LOVE vols:) Are you pre-regged?
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom