How to Handle Somebody Who "Spoils"???

Started by Daimyo, March 25, 2011, 07:45:39 PM

Daimyo

Last year when my brother and I went into this room showing an Abridged version of DBZ there was this guy who was saying all the dialogue JUST before they were said by the characters on the screen. (he was showing off how many times he watched it)

I did not care about the spoilers for the DBZ comedy but...

I was wondering what we should do if somebody starts to spoil something "important" like an anime somebody has never seen before?? Ask them to be quiet ourselves, or tell the staff?

It was just annoying in general too, hearing his voice consistently throughout. :P

ANSWERED, Thanks N.E.R.V.agent220 and MPLe!!  ;D

N.E.R.V.agent220

First offense : Say SHHHHHH!

Second offense : Say "HEY SHUT UP!"

Third offense : Go to the staffer and mention that the attendee is being a nuisance and make sure he or she (the attendee is barred from the video rooms and perhaps get a sticker of restriction on the badge.)

M

Quote from: N.E.R.V.agent220 on March 25, 2011, 08:00:50 PM

First offense : Say SHHHHHH!

Second offense : Say "HEY SHUT UP!"

Third offense : Go to the staffer and mention that the attendee is being a nuisance and make sure he or she (the attendee is barred from the video rooms and perhaps get a sticker of restriction on the badge.)

I would not recommend doing the first two in the exact method posted.

You should kindly ask the person if they could be quiet as they might be ruining the movie for others and if they don't, go get a staffer. Simple as that.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

LOVE.SAE

Ugh I really dislike people like that, which is the main reason I avoid the video rooms most very often.

Daimyo

Quote from: MPLe on April 02, 2011, 12:31:19 PM
I would not recommend doing the first two in the exact method posted.

You should kindly ask the person if they could be quiet as they might be ruining the movie for others and if they don't, go get a staffer. Simple as that.

I guess it depends on the individual at first, but it looks like the final measure is to seek assistance from a staffer.  Thank you for your additional input!  (I don't know if I'd be brave enough to shout during the video anyways lol)

Quote from: LOVE.SAE on April 05, 2011, 01:08:37 AM
Ugh I really dislike people like that, which is the main reason I avoid the video rooms most very often.

Hopefully you won't need avoid them as much anymore, for my brother and I it was 1 of our most favorite rooms because we watched K-ON! until our necks hurt and body's ached from sitting for hours and hours.  We didn't want to leave and the laughter from the audience made the funny parts even funnier.  There was even this weird crazy guy who ran out of the room with his arms out shouting "SAWA-CHAN!!", everyone was like "haha what was that!?", good times...