Question about the dances Fanime has at night time.

Started by TofuHopper, March 27, 2011, 02:28:00 AM

TofuHopper

I heard last year while I was at Fanime that there were little club like dances there. If there is I was wondering if any play anime ost, theme song mix? It would be so cool if they played songs like this :'3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5exSmwBNWI
Scanty and knee socks transformation song.

Mod edit: they are called dances

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

Yes some Fanime DJ's do play Anime Music mixed for Dances.  I had a Fanime staffer friend that used to do Anime Mixes for the Fanime Dances.

Please do not use the term Rave as Fanime is trying to make it a Family Friendly event (Actually Fanime is PG-13).  Raves sometimes have some illegal drug use during the events and its just safer to use the term Dance as a Rave can mislead things.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

kookiekween99

All the info about the Fanime Dance can be found in this forum (All the threads that start with "FANIME DANCE 2011"): http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/board,31.0.html

Also, I know it's tempting to call it a rave, but Fanime staff go crazy when you call it that. They have a lot of good reasons too. It's just better to call it the Fanime Dance so everyone's happy and no one brings drugs. :)
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

TofuHopper

opps sorry! Had no idea as I've never been to one hehe sorry for the use of the word :/ thanks for letting me know! <3 Thanks for the info too :)

GoodAsianDriver

I'm playing that very song, and I'm friends with DJ Amaya. Come support me during my set!
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

TofuHopper

Junon

Quote from: Tsuchimi Rin-chan on March 27, 2011, 06:03:00 AM
Yes some Fanime DJ's do play Anime Music mixed for Dances.  I had a Fanime staffer friend that used to do Anime Mixes for the Fanime Dances.

Please do not use the term Rave as Fanime is trying to make it a Family Friendly event (Actually Fanime is PG-13).  Raves sometimes have some illegal drug use during the events and its just safer to use the term Dance as a Rave can mislead things.

I always used Dance, in fact I didn't know it was called anything else but that, as everyone I have talked to about it, called it a Dance.

If Fanime is PG-13, why did they card me last year to get in? They had this 18+ rule for the Dance.

Mod edit: tee hee

GoodAsianDriver

Quote from: TofuHopper on March 30, 2011, 08:53:14 PM
ohhh nice! What time and days will you be on?

I'm not allowed to say yet, but I'll let you know in a couple of days! :D
*some shameful self-promotion* you can also follow me as a dj at www.facebook.com/djpeterlo
:D

I think there was an 18+ rule last year at a certain point in the night to change the music and audience to a more mature feel. Congo lines are fun, but only to a certain point.
--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

eHash

The schedule will be released tonight.
There will be plenty of opportunities to here edm remixes of your favorite anime tracks, but your best bet is to post the request it in the live programming section.  The DJs who will most likely play your requests would be : PeterLo, eHash, Strider Hanzo, and Reign.

TofuHopper