Fanime Dance: Glowsticks?

Started by kookiekween99, March 27, 2011, 10:03:59 AM

eHash

depends on:
(1) your power source and voltage you are running
(2) how you are planning using it.  using it like a whip or in a manner that might be considered dangerous might get you "removed"
(3) remember all glow items that are large enough to be considered props need to pass peace bonding as well...

cutiebunny

We can still bring glowsticks to the concerts, right?

eHash

The current plan (and always subject to change) is to allow glowsticks in the concerts held in the J.
However I can't speak for stage zero or music fest.  post your question in "The Big Events" forum.

xichisex

What about LED lights? Especially for ones used in, say, Tron cosplays? Are those alright?

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

Kyra_Maverick

I read somewhere else that LED was fine, but laser devices are not allowed.

Rhornez

where can i get LED glowsticks at?

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

xichisex

I got some LED glowsticks at Safeway. They are regular lit as well as when you put another button they blink.

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

tenton

Quote from: Rhornez on May 22, 2011, 07:01:43 PM
where can i get LED glowsticks at?

I've seen battery glowsticks in a number of places, including home improvement stores like Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. I think one year we found a bunch at Walgreen's, too. I know I've seen something at Costco, but it's hard to guess availability of such things at Costco.

Rhornez

im gonna try safeway since its closer

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Runewitt

Try Walmart for LED glowsticks. i had one for a few years before the batteries died, not with regular use, of course.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

DrayneO

best recommendation would definitely be home depot, i'll be picking up a pair of them there this year. a friend of mine was using home depot ones at fanime last year, showed up to a party 2 months ago, and they still worked fine. they're also nice and bright.

TC X0 Lt 0X

From what the Home Depot website is telling me, you can pick up 5mm LEDs for $2 each, which have a ~200 battery life.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

AoiNinja

FANIME DANCE RULES (2011):
All FanimeCon rules and Code of Conduct applies to the Dance.  Failure to comply will lead to ejection from the dance and possibly the con!

•   The Dance for 2011 is open to all ages. However, it is suggested that children under 13 be accompanied by a responsible adult.
•   The FanimeCon Dance is a private event hosted for the attendees and guests of FanimeCon. An official FanimeCon badge is required for entry.
•   Once you leave the dance area, you will have to wait in line to re-enter.
•   Attendees may be subjected to a precursory security check.
•   No outside food or drinks are allowed in the J Ballroom.
•   Physical and/or verbal harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
•   Props,Chemical-based glow products (I.E. glow sticks) and LED-based lighting utilities are allowed as long as they do not represent an immediate danger to others.
•   No "Laser Gloves" or laser pointers will be allowed.
•   Only authorized staff are allowed on the stage.
•   No coat-check is available.

...if this are correct, I can bring glowsticks to the dance. I found this in the thread for Fanime Dances 2011

TC X0 Lt 0X

LEDs are still preferable, sense they are reusable, brighter, cleaner, and the price is only slightly higher, cheaper considering being over a 20 to 1 battery life ratio, and being able to swap out batteries.

And my glowsticks have a built in Whistle.
LIKE A BOSS.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

tenton

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 24, 2011, 11:26:27 PM
LEDs are still preferable, sense they are reusable, brighter, cleaner, and the price is only slightly higher, cheaper considering being over a 20 to 1 battery life ratio, and being able to swap out batteries.

LIKE A BOSS.

Depends on how one ends up with an LED glowstick.  ;D Mine are kind of custom built, and cost me more to make than all the chemical ones I've ever bought or helped to buy (which is saying a lot, because I've helped buy a ton of glowsticks for a variety of events.  :-* )

And yours has a whistle? I know exactly which ones you have.  8)

DrayneO

Quote from: tenton on May 25, 2011, 03:42:18 AM

LIKE A BOSS.

Depends on how one ends up with an LED glowstick.  ;D Mine are kind of custom built, and cost me more to make than all the chemical ones I've ever bought or helped to buy (which is saying a lot, because I've helped buy a ton of glowsticks for a variety of events.  :-* )

same ones i have, too

home depot hollaa~

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: DrayneO on May 25, 2011, 12:38:41 PM
Quote from: tenton on May 25, 2011, 03:42:18 AM

LIKE A BOSS.

same ones i have, too

home depot hollaa~

YAEEEEEEEE!!!

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Xanreo

Mine's got a whistle and flashlight.

Radio Shack!!

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order