Is there such thing as a 2-day pass?

Started by iEatCars, March 27, 2011, 01:55:00 PM

iEatCars

Me and my friends are planning to go to fanime for the first time. We want to get saturday and sunday but theres only one day or 4 days.
Are we suppose to wait in line at the con to buy the one day pass and then the next day do the same or buy the 4 day pass?
Should we pre-register??
Also what are some things that we should go to that are fun in the con?   :-\

kookiekween99

It would be cheaper to get the full weekend pass via Pre-Reg/Early Reg. If you get it by March 31, it's $55. Last year, single day for Saturday and Sunday were $35 each, totalling $70 if you got both. The rates might be slightly different this year, but I doubt it'll be enough to make a differnece.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

SpiritOfKairi

Technically there's no right way to do it; one is just more convenient than the other.  I definitely agree with the previous poster.  By doing a full weekend pre-reg pass, you'll not only save about $10-15 per badge, but you'll also save yourselves having to go through the line twice to get badges on both Saturday and Sunday.  You save time AND money =).

There are plenty of fun things to do at the con.  There's merchandise to buy, games galore in the gaming center, 24 hour anime in the viewing rooms, game shows at Stage Zero, a masquerade, a maid cafe, etc.  Believe me, if you like anime, you won't be bored.

M

Quote from: iEatCars on March 27, 2011, 01:55:00 PM
Me and my friends are planning to go to fanime for the first time. We want to get saturday and sunday but theres only one day or 4 days.
Are we suppose to wait in line at the con to buy the one day pass and then the next day do the same or buy the 4 day pass?
Should we pre-register??
Also what are some things that we should go to that are fun in the con?   :-\
As the previous two posters have mentioned, if one of the two days you end up going ends up being Sat or Sun, the price for a full weekend membership has been about the same as a full weekend. If you plan on going Sat and Sun, the price of a one-day pass for both days will definitely be more expensive than a full weekend pass.

That said, please remember that the pre-reg price that we currently have will be ending on the first of April and then Early Registration will begin (prices going up). Early Registration is also for the full weekend and single day memberships are sold on the day-of.

Here's the complete honest Q&A.

Which days are you planning to go? It sounds like you're going to go on two consecutive days.

Thursday/Friday: Some events on Thursday won't require a pass but we have a pre-reg badge pick up on Thursday so you don't have to wait in the line on Friday. If you don't mind waiting in a line, just get a one-day at-con membership.
Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday: Pre-register now since the price of pre-reg will be close enough to the final price for the two one-day memberships. Close enough being that you might be spending about $5 more or saving $5+.
Sunday/Monday: If you don't mind waiting in line, get an at-con pass for Sunday and then ask a Registration staffer about upgrading your pass so you can experience FanimeCon on Monday. :)

[Editing post to make Eric's post useless]
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

ewu

Quote from: MPLe on March 28, 2011, 10:02:18 AM
That said, please remember that the pre-reg price that we currently have will be ending on the first of April and then you will have to wait until the Friday of the convention to purchase your membership.

Small clarification - Pre-reg will be sold up till and including 11:59 PM 3/31 :)

Early-registration will begin after that but at a higher price. Single day memberships will only be sold the day of.

Thanks!
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

Also, if you pre register you get a neat laminated badge instead of the paper ones you'd get at con.

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

You get to not only have your name but an Optional Fan Name as well.

This is for the new attendees that have never Attended Fanime.

Otherwise once pre-registration passes after March 31st 11:59pm you will get the Early Registration which is a paper badge and pay more than you would for pre-reg and the Paper Badge is not that great looking.

Choose between convenience where you could pick up your badge faster since you already did the necessary paperwork needed to purchase the badge ahead of time or deal with the long lines and more time consumed due to the fact you waited till the last minute when you could have saved money and time waiting to get a badge during convention time.  That time would have been cut short if people pre-reg.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Mango Bunny

Well, you already got your answer really.

In terms of fun things to do... just check out a bit of everything if you can! The FMV contest, Masquerade, B+W ball (be properly attired!), the regular dance, musicfest... are all great things to do. Something great about Fanime is you have the freedom to duck out and go do something else if you feel restless. I've never stayed for the entire Masquerade, for example, but I still go and have fun for an hour or so. If they have the schedule posted before the con I'd take time out to look at it. I usually circle some things I want to remember.

A good part of the fun is the fans though. You stumble across some pretty hilarious situations at fanime.

I'm also a fan of taking pictures. =D

ChibiHina

you actually asked xD I thought iEatCars was familiar. Yea what everyone said helped and since it's after 3/31 I think the price for the full weekend will be 60. We should just get the full weekend cause even if we don't go all days it'll still be helpful. Also we might get sucked into the trap of dealers hall which will consume a lot of our time. Btw if you still don't know who this is it's Lianna.  ;D