Any sports fans out here?

Started by garfieldelric, March 28, 2011, 01:12:18 AM

garfieldelric

OK, admit it, you are also a sports fan in addition to being an anime/manga fan. So here I go.

I love all things LA sports, despite being from Seattle. The Kings, Galaxy and Dodgers top my list, and it's hard for me to not get excited at watching sports.

I also try playing them, but it's more fun to watch them then to play, IMO. That's just me, however.
"Today, these three players are after BIG BUCKS! But they'll have to avoid the whammy, as they play the most exciting game of their lives! From Hollywood, it's time to PRESS! YOUR! LUCK!"

AngrySean

To be honest with you, it's hard to find anime/manga fans who have more than just a passing interest in professional sports. I've tried but it just doesn't happen very often.

For the record, I'm a fan of the A's, 49ers, and Sharks.

N.E.R.V.agent220

AngrySean, hard to find them... well you are looking at one that wants to have a career in that field but not as an athlete though.
Anyways professional sports is actually my #1 interest followed by anime and not manga.

garfieldelric, a sports fan huh, well I admit I am from the bay area and I root for my teams if their season is in.
My teams Giants, Warriors, Sharks and Raiders.   

BunofGovt

I'm a bit of a sports fan myself and when I can get the time, I'll watch the Giants' and A's games, as well as some basketball games (I started out as a Suns fan when Jeff Hornacek was with the team, and followed him to the Jazz).  Being a sports fan has also influenced my choices in anime and manga.  Big fan of Slam Dunk and Real (basketball), by Takehiko Inoue; Whistle (soccer) by Daisuke Higuchi, and Eyeshield 21 (football) by Riichiro Inagaki and Yusuke Murata.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

RooBird

I'm a sports fan, but I'm mostly only interested in baseball. As pathetic as it is, it's one of the only sports where I understand what's going on. I've been a huge Giants fan since, well, forever. I also cheer for the 49er's, but don't expect to actually understand what's going on.  :D
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
FemmeMedic (Team Fortress 2)

otakuya

I tried making a 'sports' thread around here somewhere some time ago. Yeah, not a lot of sports people around here (Fanime forum-wise). I'm always up for sports chat though. I listen to KNBR 680 & 1050 almost everyday when I get the chance and call in to the Damon Bruce show sometimes for the 3:00 3-Play. I'm really into golf and racing too.

My teams: Sharks, (SF) Giants, 49ers, Red Bull Racing (F1 & NASCAR), Petty Motorsports, Chelsea, SJ Earthquakes, Knicks

vodkaleona

I'm a big sports fan but it's hard for me to get a chance to watch any due to the fact that I don't have many close friends that would drag me off to any game s, and my Mom hates to watch sports. Also I'm not usually at a TV. I also like stuff like Hockey, soccer and football. I used to play soccer and tennis and I'm up for any physical games and activities if someone wants me to play with them. I'm from Seattle too. I do catch the battle between Cougars and Huskies. Sorry, but I prefer the Cougs. Love the big Game parties if I can