Fairmont Hotel: Proof of payment?

Started by Cybermisadventures, March 28, 2011, 11:12:47 AM

Cybermisadventures

A long time ago just a week after reservations opened up with the Marriot and Hilton already filled up, I panicked and quickly reserved rooms under my Dad's credit card because I didn't have a credit card (and I still kind of don't LOL). Of course, I paid my Dad back in cash so I am technically paying for my own room, but after reading a couple threads, I have become aware that not only will I have to present my ID (which I have) but the credit card that the rooms were paid for with (which I don't have because it is my Dad's). I am over 18 so checking is no problem (I'm 19) but I want to know if anyone might have had a similar situation? Is it possible to call the staff and to arrange a way to prove that my Dad is the one paying for the rooms and that it is okay for me to check in without him?
EarlGreyXX.deviantart.com
CyberMisadventures.deviantart.com
TheOtherWorldsComics.deviantart.com

Kama

Usually they want you to bring a credit card they can charge room damages/incidentals to. If you didn't prepay entirely, they'll charge the card upon check in. I've never had a hotel expect the same card. I often reserve with one card and present another at check in and have never had a problem.

I'd just call the desk and ask if you have to bring the same card you made the reservation with, or if another is acceptable. They don't really care what credit card it is, as long as they have a way to bill you in case you hurt anything.

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

To answer your hotel question contact CMR (Convention Management Resources) Housing as they are the ones in charge of the Hotel Booking for the Fanime Attendees.  This contact info is located on the bottom of this webpage when you booked your hotel.

https://www.cmrhousing.com/fani_3a/

CONTACT OUR FANIMECON HOUSING CUSTOMER CARE CENTER AT:
Monday - Friday, 6am - 6pm (Pacific Time)
(800) 924-4232 (Toll Free U.S. & Canada)
(415) 979-2282 (Outside U.S. & Canada)
[email protected]

The live operators are very good in handling situations like yours, special hotel requests and hotel waitlisting.
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.