Carpooling thread

Started by Avairrianna, March 31, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Avairrianna

Hi! I was wondering if we need a carpooling thread?

Is anyone coming from the Palmdale area or nearby that can provide a ride to Daniel? He's willing to pay for gas of course and if you're within an Amtrak train ride he'll meet you.

Wants to leave on Thursday and he just needs the ride up and back.

Please contact him at [email protected]

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

vodkaleona

I think a Carpooling Thread is a good Idea.  ;D I'm still deciding if I'm gonna be carpooling with some friends from Washington or if I'm on my own for that as well. Probably be taking the Train instead.

chichobits

If anyone is carpooling from San Francisco, please let me know! ;)

Sora

I can carpool people in SJ area. Just PM me if you need a ride. All I ask for is a bit of gas money, like $10-$20.
"Don't give me any orders."

hiirona

Is anyone going to fanime from Sacramento, Ca? And would like to carpool?

drkangelcat

I am from Sacramento and don't have a car. Normally I ride with a friend of mine, but she cannot afford to go this year.

cutiebunny

I'll be driving from the East Bay, but I can pick someone up at the closest BART station.

Anime-Holic

If anyone from the stockton/lodi/manteca area needs a ride I have some extra space in my car.
You wouldn't need to pay for gas or anything like that but if you'd like to chip in it'd be appreciated <3
Just shoot me an email at [email protected] if interested!

dominusdux

In Gilroy(45min from SJ), will detour to nearby cities if you will compensate for the distance traveled to pick you up.

badkarma87

Anyone going to be carpooling from Modesto? Please let me know. :)

idontknow

I may be coming from the Davis/Sacramento area depending on my work schedule, but I may not drive back up. (I'm from San Jose, so if I'm not working I'll probably stay for the week.) I just wanted to post this up just to see if there's anyone interested, but don't depend on me ... yet :D

I can also drive around San Jose, depending on what part you are from.

Passengers pay for gas. More people = cheaper gas.

Estimated prices (if coming from Sacramento):
1 person = $30
2 people = $15 per person
3 people = $10 per person
4 people = $7 per person

PM me :D

Nevermind, I'm leaving May 24 (Tuesday) and going back up to Sacramento on June 2 (Thursday).

I can still give rides to people within the San Jose, depending on what part you're from. PM me if you're interested! I would just ask for a small donation like $2 or food xD

VakarianPride

So, as it says, I'm looking for a ride for two people. I can spare $20 for gas, we can offer drinks and snacks. We'll only have one bag, two tops. If possible, looking for someone who will be at con Thursday.

cutiebunny

Quote from: VakarianPride on May 15, 2011, 10:15:06 PM
So, as it says, I'm looking for a ride for two people. I can spare $20 for gas, we can offer drinks and snacks. We'll only have one bag, two tops. If possible, looking for someone who will be at con Thursday.

Where are you coming from?

FullMetalDonut

Will be pooling from Lake County via Kelseyville, Lowerlake, Middletown, Calistoga, St. Helena, Napa, American Canyon, Benicia and down I-680. Have room for 4 more. 18 and over only, please.

Staying in Bay Area from a previous convention. Will still carpool with anyone in exchanging for a room.

guyver20

I ll be coming up to San Jose from San Diego. I should be leaving anytime around noon to 1pm of thursday DAY 0 of the con and plan on staying for the complete duration of the con as I will likely leave noonish of the following monday. I have room for at least 2 people. I drive an 01 toyota camry sedan. If anyone needs a ride, I dont mind, but will need a brief and thorough background check. I am asking for a donation of 20USD per person for gas and am willing to compromise. Additional monies would be greatly appreciated as gas prices continue to inflate by leaps and bounds. my email is [email protected]

VakarianPride

Quote from: cutiebunny on May 17, 2011, 06:59:12 PM
Quote from: VakarianPride on May 15, 2011, 10:15:06 PM

Where are you coming from?
Reno, Nevada. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Well, may not be in Reno much longer, drama hitting big-time.

emogothichippy

Im staying at the executive inn airport i was wondering if anyone else was?

If so and you have a car ride to and from Fanime id be greatly appreciated an willing to pay you if you could

take me or you want to split cab fair?

This is the first time im not in walking distance of Fanime so im a little nervous as to how this is going to pan out. 

msg me at [email protected] or on here which ever works for you.

2re3

looking for a ride from LA to fanime!!
will pitch in for gas email me at
[email protected]

Tyll Marvel

I've posted before, but I've gotten no responses from my inquiries so I'm asking one more time if anyone needs to get from the central coast area to Fanime.  I'm am traveling from Nipomo, so I'm looking for people in the San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, Arroyo Grande area.  If you have extra space or are looking for someone who's drive up there, please get in contact with me.  I'm completely willing to pitch in for gas, and I promise to try and make the ride up enjoyable.

eralston

Quote from: Tyll Marvel on May 25, 2011, 03:54:52 PM
I've posted before, but I've gotten no responses from my inquiries so I'm asking one more time if anyone needs to get from the central coast area to Fanime.  I'm am traveling from Nipomo, so I'm looking for people in the San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, Arroyo Grande area.  If you have extra space or are looking for someone who's drive up there, please get in contact with me.  I'm completely willing to pitch in for gas, and I promise to try and make the ride up enjoyable.

I realize this was from last year but for anyone in this area Minna no Anime (http://minnanoanime.org/) goes as a club. We car pool together so you can try and get a ride  to cons including Fanime at our meetings or on our forums.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations