Carpooling thread

Started by Avairrianna, March 31, 2011, 02:26:36 PM

Tyll Marvel

Quote from: eralston on September 27, 2011, 12:59:40 PM
Quote from: Tyll Marvel on May 25, 2011, 03:54:52 PM
I've posted before, but I've gotten no responses from my inquiries so I'm asking one more time if anyone needs to get from the central coast area to Fanime.  I'm am traveling from Nipomo, so I'm looking for people in the San Luis Obispo, Santa Maria, Arroyo Grande area.  If you have extra space or are looking for someone who's drive up there, please get in contact with me.  I'm completely willing to pitch in for gas, and I promise to try and make the ride up enjoyable.

I realize this was from last year but for anyone in this area Minna no Anime (http://minnanoanime.org/) goes as a club. We car pool together so you can try and get a ride  to cons including Fanime at our meetings or on our forums.
I would love to.  If I am in the area, then I will definitely take you up on that offer.  I won't know entirely until closer to fanime.  What days do you usually go, because I might need to be there the Thursday before.  I am usually on the staff at fanime.

eralston

Quote from: Tyll Marvel on September 27, 2011, 11:56:59 PM
I would love to.  If I am in the area, then I will definitely take you up on that offer.  I won't know entirely until closer to fanime.  What days do you usually go, because I might need to be there the Thursday before.  I am usually on the staff at fanime.

We have a lot of people who staff so some of them leave as early as Wednesday. Other than that we have cars leaving Thurs early afternoon, Friday pretty much all day (most of the cars leave around 1pm on Friday to get to SJ in time to get their badge on Friday) and a few cars that leave on Saturday.
Evan Ralston

Assistant Director of Guest Relations

Tyll Marvel

Quote from: eralston on September 30, 2011, 09:22:25 AM
We have a lot of people who staff so some of them leave as early as Wednesday. Other than that we have cars leaving Thurs early afternoon, Friday pretty much all day (most of the cars leave around 1pm on Friday to get to SJ in time to get their badge on Friday) and a few cars that leave on Saturday.

Ok.  Awesome.  I'll let you know closer to fanime whether or not I'll be joining you.

MaraKurohi

I live in San Francisco by Downtown. but the horrible thing is that I'm not sure if I can be able to leave on the 25th or not because the 25th is the LAST day for finals and they love not telling it to us till midterms or LATER. Lazy teachers! >=T But if you're coming my way, keep me posted. It could be fun<3 =)
Cosplay:
Ramona Flowers
I do skate. Usually every Sun@GGP in SF<3
I'm still learning.
So sad though. No rollerblades indoors at the con</3
W/Skates ON:
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/540398_3656188850591_1450681984_3056903_1283828432_n.jpg

Kpmonkeygirl

Um, I live in Redwood City. Could anyone give me a ride? I can bring money or something yummy to eat! ;D
""To move is to stir, and to be valiant is to stand; therefore,
if tou art mov'd, thou runst away."

Tyll Marvel

Mara: I live in San Francisco now, and my anime club there always goes to Fanime usually by train.  I'm sure no one would be opposed if you were to join us if you'd like.

Monkey: If I am not in San Francisco, and am driving myself to Fanime, then I'll let you know and I could easily give you a ride there.

Kpmonkeygirl

sayonararollingstar

Does anyone from the Sacramento area need a ride? I'm taking my car with two friends of mine!

Now, everything isn't set in stone yet because the only reason we're going to Fanime is the artist alley. If we don't get a table at the alley, the chances of me going to Fanime are zero. If I do get a table/hotel, then I'm definitely going, so please keep this in mind. I'm letting you know ahead of time just to be safe! We're going to leave Sacramento on May 24th at around 10-12PM and we're leaving on the 28th at around 5-6PM. Make sure you have a place/hotel to stay in because I'd feel really bad if I just dropped you off at the convention center without a place to stay. (Carpooling with us isn't a guarantee that you will be sharing a hotel room with us.)

If you're interested in carpooling with us, let me know via PM. All we ask is that you be over 16+ years of age and you have your parents'/guardian's permission to ride with us if you are underage. Also, a contribution of $10-12 for gas is all I need! If you're underage and your parents/guardians want to meet us before the convention starts, it's totally understandable. (We're not creepers, we swear! We're just three 21 year-old art students!)

That's it!

otakuforlife

Anybody on here going to Fanime from the OC/LA area?  I'm planning to go to Fanime with a bunch of friends and am finding the price of airfare to be rather more than I'd like to spend...and while they are planning to do a group carpool, I'd like to keep my options open in case that doesn't work out.  Naturally, I'd chip in for gas and snacks along the way :)
Fanime 2024 Cross-play plans (order subject to change)

Day 0 - No cosplay
Day 1 - Shioriko Mifune (summer uniform)
Day 2 - Rin Hoshizora (winter uniform)
Day 3 - Shiki Wakana (summer uniform)
Day 4 - Rei Ayanami (school uniform) or maid

zero209

Quote from: badkarma87 on May 11, 2011, 12:12:58 AM
Anyone going to be carpooling from Modesto? Please let me know. :)

i'm coming from turlock. was gonna go friday night and leave sunday morning.

CommandantCat

If anyone is coming from the Palo Alto/Menlo Park/ Redwood city district and is staying the weekend and just needs a ride there, that could be easily done.
COMMANDANT CAT
----
Cosplay, Art, and Costuming
=
Kuroshitsuji - William T. Spears
Homestuck - Gamzee Maraka (jester!Gamzee)
Originals - Mad Hatter, Evil Angel

Kpmonkeygirl

CommandantCat

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on January 30, 2012, 09:23:19 PM
I am from Redwood City!

Well that's wonderful! I go to school there :D haha either way! Would you only need a ride there Friday? That is when I am headed over with my group. I'm sure you could fit into our little carpool
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

Kpmonkeygirl

At the moment, I live in Redwood City. But by May, I MIGHT be living in Napa. If I am, is it possible to get a ride from there?

CommandantCat

Hm, I would have to check with our driver on that. But it makes it alot more difficult
COMMANDANT CAT
----
=

Kpmonkeygirl

I am not sure yet though. I am trying to get my mother to let us stay longer till then. You go to school in Redwood City? Where? I go to Canada College!

Freight

I plan on renting a car and driving from Los Angeles's San Fernando Valley in the early morning hours of Thursday and returning on Tuesday.

If people are interested, I can change my rental size.  I'm sorry I don't have an exact guess on how much it is yet, but I would ask $45.00 for any riders for a share of gas and parking. 

avemcul

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on February 08, 2012, 03:58:59 PM
At the moment, I live in Redwood City. But by May, I MIGHT be living in Napa. If I am, is it possible to get a ride from there?

If you live in Napa by May, I might be able to pick you up since I live in the next city over in Vallejo. I'm leaving in the morning of Friday and leaving sometime on Monday, but times haven't been set in stone yet.
Fanime 2016 Cosplay:

Rory Mercury from GATE

Kpmonkeygirl

Quote from: ohaves on February 13, 2012, 02:47:59 PM
Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on February 08, 2012, 03:58:59 PM

If you live in Napa by May, I might be able to pick you up since I live in the next city over in Vallejo. I'm leaving in the morning of Friday and leaving sometime on Monday, but times haven't been set in stone yet.

That would be great! But if I am living in Napa by then. My mother says we will be, but sometimes what she says takes longer. Thanks!

Shinigami_Lover

Anyone willing to pick up from the San Jose Airport... ?? May 24th at 12:50ish ... Will pay for gas .... One person: ME
DicePandaCosplay  || Running Man Panel '17, '19

Plots '20
??

Photo Shoots
Naruto('15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)
OnePiece('14,'15,'16,'17,'18,'19,'20)