FanimeCon 2011 Early Registration is OPEN!

Started by Sen, April 01, 2011, 12:38:46 PM

Sen

Hi everyone.

Pre-registration has ended and it is now time for early registration. Con is getting closer!
The price per full weekend badge is now $60.

Individual day badges cannot be purchased online. Those prices will be announced at a later date. http://registration.fanime.com

For Attendee Registration questions or concerns please e-mail registrationATfanimeDOTcom
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

crystalsoul

Boooooo D:<

why no warning for badge price increase this time?

Meh, i planned on getting my girlfriends badge tomorrow, but had i known they were going up in price today i would of gotten them yesterday :'(

fml

M

Quote from: crystalsoul on April 01, 2011, 11:41:06 PM
Boooooo D:<

why no warning for badge price increase this time?

Meh, i planned on getting my girlfriends badge tomorrow, but had i known they were going up in price today i would of gotten them yesterday :'(

fml
I'm sorry that you missed our posts, but we made several warnings on our Twitter/Facebook account as well as listed the cut off time/date on the Registration FAQ. If there are any other places that we missed, please let us know and we'll consider it.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

crystalsoul

Quoteas well as listed the cut off time/date on the Registration FAQ
not to be rude but would you mind pointing out where exactly there is a date in the registration FAQ regarding the specific cut off date? cause i do not see it  :(

as for the future i think that all changes regarding registration should be posted on the home page. i have fanime added on facebook but it does not mean i always see the status updates. however if your like me, and i know some people are, whenever i want the latest information in regards to fanime i always come to the home page to see whats new.

im not angry about this but it is something to consider for the future :3

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: Registration FAQ
"Pre Registration:
$55 until 11:59pm PST March 31, 2011
http://registration.fanime.com/"

Very top of the page. http://www.fanime.com/registration-faq/

But I agree that a warning on the front page would be nice for those that need to wait for the last minute.

ruby19_4

I forgot. Can I pick up the badges the day on Thursday. What are the hours for picking up the badges?

lolol007

Hi I had pre reg last year and I really liked the badges that we got.  I missed this years pre reg, but can I still get the laminated badge?  I'm fine with paying for the early reg price which is 60 bucks atm I just want the cool looking badges.  Is there a way you guys can accommodate this request?

.::midnight.maiden::.

Hey, don't worry about me I already got pre-reg ^.^ but I had a question: Did the price go up for early reg five dollars from before? I remember buying early reg for $55 haha I guess that was back in 2007.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Himeno

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on April 03, 2011, 08:08:21 PM
"Pre Registration:

It wasn't there until just a few days before hand. There wasn't even a price on the website at all until I questioned it 5 weeks ago. Before then, the only way to get the price off the site was to go through the reg system and sign up.

QuoteI'm sorry that you missed our posts, but we made several warnings on our Twitter/Facebook account as well as listed the cut off time/date on the Registration FAQ. If there are any other places that we missed, please let us know and we'll consider it.
Not everyone has (or wants) Twitter or Facebook.

fr33lanc3r

so early registration gets laminated badges or just regular ID's?

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: fr33lanc3r on April 10, 2011, 04:50:29 PM
Unfortunately early registration just gets regular IDs, but the badges still come with the ability to access the convention for the whole weekend, which is what ultimately matters  :).

Himeno

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on April 10, 2011, 08:40:21 PM
Unfortunately early registration just gets regular IDs, but the badges still come with the ability to access the convention for the whole weekend, which is what ultimately matters  :).
What are "regular" IDs?

kookiekween99

Quote from: Himeno on April 11, 2011, 11:30:40 PM
Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on April 10, 2011, 08:40:21 PM
What are "regular" IDs?

Pre-Reg gets nice, fancy, laminated badges with a character picture and your name nicely typed out, while Early-Reg and At-Con Reg get paper badges with your name hand written on them.

(I could be wrong about what the "regular" badges look like since I'm not staff and I've never had anything but Pre-Reg. But I do know they're on paper and not laminated.)

Both badges get you into all the same areas, but the laminated badge is prettier if you want to save it.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

ewu

Quote from: kookiekween99 on April 12, 2011, 07:15:33 AM
while Early-Reg and At-Con Reg get paper badges with your name hand written on them.

For the at-con badges, everything is also printed out but will be on paper in a badge holder.
thanks
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

hikanteki

Quote from: Himeno on April 09, 2011, 06:53:51 PM
Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on April 03, 2011, 08:08:21 PM
"Pre Registration:

It wasn't there until just a few days before hand. There wasn't even a price on the website at all until I questioned it 5 weeks ago. Before then, the only way to get the price off the site was to go through the reg system and sign up.

QuoteI'm sorry that you missed our posts, but we made several warnings on our Twitter/Facebook account as well as listed the cut off time/date on the Registration FAQ. If there are any other places that we missed, please let us know and we'll consider it.
Not everyone has (or wants) Twitter or Facebook.

Yeah, I'll second all of this.  I don't have twitter and rarely check FB.  A few weeks beforehand I remember looking for the price/deadlines on the registration faq, and couldn't find it.  I didn't click on it again because it wasn't there last time, so it didn't occur that it would be there when I clicked on it again.  It would have been helpful to have the cut-off date posted on the main page.  Although I made pre-reg by a hair because I clicked on the reg system on March 31.

Anyway, what is the point of Early Registration?  It costs the same as on-site reg and doesn't come with the cool badge that pre-reg gets.  If it's non-refundable, why pay the same amount ahead of time?  The only thing I can think of is you can pick up your badge on Thursday...but there's not really anything then & not to mention the line is MUCH longer.

Tonyantonius

can you pick up your badge before fanime starts if you registered already?

Kyra_Maverick

I've you're already registered you can pick up your badge on Thursday, otherwise known as Day Zero.

Tonyantonius

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on May 01, 2011, 12:13:45 PM
I've you're already registered you can pick up your badge on Thursday, otherwise known as Day Zero.
thanks for the reply ^^ is there a certain time we can come over to pick up the badges ?

Cloud

When is the deadline for early registration?
Thanks!

kookiekween99

ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14