Would you Buy these at Fanime?

Started by Mistiousstar, April 04, 2011, 05:12:22 PM

Hachimitsu

Well Im going to be in the Swap meet on thursday AND friday because apparently the badge pick up is now divided into 2 regions.
One that is registered and the other is swap meet registered. Last year we arrived late on the thursday because the line was VERY long!...

I might be asking your help for fanime on saturday (morning and parts of afternoon) since I have a big musical performance to go to!...and I know its going to be avery long and Impatient waiting at the MCCLA.

I wont admit saying im table sharing with you, lets just say I'm asking help!....

Mistiousstar

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on May 03, 2011, 09:50:57 PM
Well Im going to be in the Swap meet on thursday because apparently the badge pick up is now divided into 2 regions.
One that is registered and the other is swap meet registered. Last year we arrived late on the thursday because the line was VERY long!...

I might be asking your help for fanime on saturday (morning and parts of afternoon) since I have a big musical performance to go to!...and I know its going to be avery long and Impatient waiting at the MCCLA.

I wont admit saying im table sharing with you, lets just say I'm asking help!....

Oh good, My friends and I are planning to go to the swap Meet on Thursday, after badge pick up!!!
I hope I can Tell, where you are...hehehe

Ah That's totally fine with me XDDD
Oh are you in the performance or are you going to music Fest?

hehe Right, And I'm willing to help ^^

Hachimitsu

I don't think its fanime related at all... its actually one of those performances where I have to show up for the end of the semester deal!...

My biggest concern is uhm, the artwork im kinda selling >_<!
I am shy selling stuff so, I hope I know what I am doing..

Erh, you been to this event last year, has anyone left their booth alone before closing time? (meaning, they don't take the entire thing down and then rebuild it back up again.. erh I forgot the name of the term but I assume its "?folding?"

Well since I'm going to temp share a table with you, I might as well show you what I have on artworks..

( I know what your thinking, just don't ask >_<! still trying to solve this issue here)
-Link (female version)
-Zero Suit Samus
-Genie senshi Harem (sailor) Moon
-Genie Kairi and Namine
-Litchi Faye Ling

(Something I have to sell because I got alot of complaints from "strangers")
-Mushroom Queen Peach
-Rosalina of the stars
-Firefield Daisy
-Mermaid Misty
-Qourra

but hey at least im comfortable and happy that Im doing the chibi Artworks and hope they are worth selling as well. (sorry everyone, I have to hold onto images, really don't want complications to happen)

btw, are you going to participate on the Art Gallery?

Mistiousstar

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on May 04, 2011, 02:58:32 AM
I don't think its fanime related at all... its actually one of those performances where I have to show up for the end of the semester deal!...

My biggest concern is uhm, the artwork im kinda selling >_<!
I am shy selling stuff so, I hope I know what I am doing..

Erh, you been to this event last year, has anyone left their booth alone before closing time? (meaning, they don't take the entire thing down and then rebuild it back up again.. erh I forgot the name of the term but I assume its "?folding?"

Well since I'm going to temp share a table with you, I might as well show you what I have on artworks..

( I know what your thinking, just don't ask >_<! still trying to solve this issue here)
-Link (female version)
-Zero Suit Samus
-Genie senshi Harem (sailor) Moon
-Genie Kairi and Namine
-Litchi Faye Ling

(Something I have to sell because I got alot of complaints from "strangers")
-Mushroom Queen Peach
-Rosalina of the stars
-Firefield Daisy
-Mermaid Misty
-Qourra

but hey at least im comfortable and happy that Im doing the chibi Artworks and hope they are worth selling as well. (sorry everyone, I have to hold onto images, really don't want complications to happen)

btw, are you going to participate on the Art Gallery?

Omg I love your prints O.O
it's so detailed and I can tell you put a lot of time into doing it
I actually love the concepts, and ideas, I'm sure a lot of poeple will buy from you, I would XDDD!!!
I don't have a lot of big prints, more smaller things hehehe,
And since all I need to do was sell the things I made before hand, it's like half of what I expected to sell/bring XDDD
It's my first time in AA, I'm unsure but most likely, if you leave the booth, and it's up for takes, you'll have to take down everything...
No, Actually I'm unsure, but most likely no...Are you?
Btw, I was wondering did you register for a full table or half?

Hachimitsu

@ fans and artists in artist alley (best to ask here then it is for over there)
Did you guys leave your stuff (booth decorations) during the convention? or did you put them under neath a table and take our mechandise with you?

Well to be honest I recall last year that most of the tables did put away but the pvc pipes are still there, but keep this in mind this was 3-4 years ago!...

erh i can't explain in details since I really would like to make a "surprises"!.. I can tell you this, Apparently I'm trying to sell something no one has done so its very complicated to get the prints to happen, I don't know what my aim is for selling works but I know I wanted to sell something that no one has done before!...

as for the table size uhm... I cannot say much "sorry T_T"

Uhm, I was so sure your going to sell large prints, well if your going to sell small things, thats fine with me ^ ^!
(I will write more soon since I need to go do something right now >_<!)

Mistiousstar

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on May 04, 2011, 11:36:15 AM
@ fans and artists in artist alley (best to ask here then it is for over there)
Did you guys leave your stuff (booth decorations) during the convention? or did you put them under neath a table and take our mechandise with you?

Well to be honest I recall last year that most of the tables did put away but the pvc pipes are still there, but keep this in mind this was 3-4 years ago!...

erh i can't explain in details since I really would like to make a "surprises"!.. I can tell you this, Apparently I'm trying to sell something no one has done so its very complicated to get the prints to happen, I don't know what my aim is for selling works but I know I wanted to sell something that no one has done before!...

as for the table size uhm... I cannot say much "sorry T_T"

Uhm, I was so sure your going to sell large prints, well if your going to sell small things, thats fine with me ^ ^!
(I will write more soon since I need to go do something right now >_<!)

ah ok XDDD
I have a few Big prints, I was planning to make more, but ever since I found out I didn't make it into AA, I stop making them, because I've used about $175 so far, making prints and stuff...I'm afraid if I really can't get a table, I'll be throwing up blood, and having a huge hole in my pocket >.<!!!

kk XDDD!!!

Hachimitsu

okay know this sounds crazy but, I know I want to sell the larger posters.. but my concern is pricing them!..
I know it costs $15 to make at least 1 (with shipping and taxing and all sorts...) I want to charge either $20 or $25 for a 18 x 24 Print..
erh....
but then im also selling soemthing new erh..
okay new question:

How much should a 2.25" button be worth? its not metal but it has a front (chibi image) and back (Artist logo) image.

Mistiousstar

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on May 04, 2011, 10:37:31 PM
okay know this sounds crazy but, I know I want to sell the larger posters.. but my concern is pricing them!..
I know it costs $15 to make at least 1 (with shipping and taxing and all sorts...) I want to charge either $20 or $25 for a 18 x 24 Print..
erh....
but then im also selling soemthing new erh..
okay new question:

How much should a 2.25" button be worth? its not metal but it has a front (chibi image) and back (Artist logo) image.

That is expensive >.<
I kinda asked around it's about that price, but remember on days like sunday and monday, you should start on liquidation deals, the price you have for it now, is ok for Fri. and Sat.
Wow O.O that is a huge button, interesting that is new,
something that big, you can sell it probably for $2-$3, I meant $3-$4 is perfect
anything higher, It's considered too expensive, and since it's not metal.
That is cool... XDDD
oh one question, i was still wondering, if you regestered for a full table or half?...I'm trying to visualize, how I'm gonna arrange my stuff.

Hachimitsu

Thanks for the info about sunday, I failed to recall that.. yeah the posters has to be high priced becuase they are kinda 3-4 times bigger than the actual 8x 11 prints!..
but i can sell those as well on prints.. I really am hoping I know what im donig with the prints because I really wanted to make their moneys worth. I guess 25 would work on friday and saturday...
but im still concern on the new items.

Now lets (not) talk about the booth.
I really wanted to keep things as a surprise ^_^!..
for now, I suggest to think 2 ideal plans!. one for half and one for full!...
reason why I am keeping it a low profile because I really really really want to surprise people not only in artworks but also in ideas and Decorations!..
(besides my hint is giving a huge huge detail of what the table schematics is)

I need to figure out more stuff to sell incase if the posters are way to expensive.. but i was so certain thats how much posters cost in today's pricing. last 4 years it was just $20...

Mistiousstar

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on May 06, 2011, 12:07:35 AM
Thanks for the info about sunday, I failed to recall that.. yeah the posters has to be high priced becuase they are kinda 3-4 times bigger than the actual 8x 11 prints!..
but i can sell those as well on prints.. I really am hoping I know what im donig with the prints because I really wanted to make their moneys worth. I guess 25 would work on friday and saturday...
but im still concern on the new items.

Now lets (not) talk about the booth.
I really wanted to keep things as a surprise ^_^!..
for now, I suggest to think 2 ideal plans!. one for half and one for full!...
reason why I am keeping it a low profile because I really really really want to surprise people not only in artworks but also in ideas and Decorations!..
(besides my hint is giving a huge huge detail of what the table schematics is)

I need to figure out more stuff to sell incase if the posters are way to expensive.. but i was so certain thats how much posters cost in today's pricing. last 4 years it was just $20...
Ah right the new items...
ah ok, I'll start thinking about the full table layout now, Because Originally I was planing to do half a table, with my friends!!!
hahah neat XDDD
ah!!!

Lizchan33

I don't know if you got replies about the putting stuff away.... but here I go....

As a part of Fanime Staff, we are NOT patrolling the artist alley when it is closed. There is the possibility of some not so smart people (Stupid Jerks) going in and stealing art.
I would recommend taking as much as you can so you don't have to worry about theft.

>_>;;

Mistiousstar

Quote from: Lizchan33 on May 07, 2011, 09:43:26 AM
I don't know if you got replies about the putting stuff away.... but here I go....

As a part of Fanime Staff, we are NOT patrolling the artist alley when it is closed. There is the possibility of some not so smart people (Stupid Jerks) going in and stealing art.
I would recommend taking as much as you can so you don't have to worry about theft.

>_>;;

ah thank you for the warning!!! XD

Hachimitsu

@Lizchan33 okay this might become more complicated than i thought O_O... Artist alley does'nt close its doors?
well, i guess i need to think hard on how to take the decorations apart then! I was kinda sure artist alley's Doors would be closing so that no-one would come in. Thanks for the information anyway!

@Mistiousstar well, i guess this answers your table question (it also gave a hint). Not to worry I know I can preset this up, hopefully less than 10 minutes.. even though im soo going to be late thanks to my musical performance!
I guess right now, the thing in your mind is whats in it for me.. well its too early to talk about it since im working hard on creating bags, A bottle for the state fair and getting a decoration done in time!

Mistiousstar

Quote from: Hachimitsu-ink on May 10, 2011, 03:44:58 AM
@Lizchan33 okay this might become more complicated than i thought O_O... Artist alley does'nt close its doors?
well, i guess i need to think hard on how to take the decorations apart then! I was kinda sure artist alley's Doors would be closing so that no-one would come in. Thanks for the information anyway!

@Mistiousstar well, i guess this answers your table question (it also gave a hint). Not to worry I know I can preset this up, hopefully less than 10 minutes.. even though im soo going to be late thanks to my musical performance!
I guess right now, the thing in your mind is whats in it for me.. well its too early to talk about it since im working hard on creating bags, A bottle for the state fair and getting a decoration done in time!

well, let's see. I assume your decoration will take up the whole space, weither it be half or full, right?

(If the table you reg for is full)
I was thinking, since I would be there for the morning, and if you were able to set it up so it fits half the table, I can look after your stuff, untill you come. And if anyone was interesting in your products, I'll just inform them to come back, around noon or so. So ,half of the table, I can fit my things, and your's will still be there. Remember if you have keychians and small items, find a secure way to fasten them to the display board, so it won't be an easy target for theft.

(If the table was half)
that will take a bit more time to set up and change between our shifts

Hachimitsu

I can't believe im still pushing myself to go beyond my own/people's expectations.

I just finished making my fourth bag and apparently most of the batteries are dead -_-!...
I need to remind myself to get blue led.

Okay, uhm
Let's try this, even though Its abit risky.. I might leave the both there and make sure its not tampered with..because I was very certain artist alley is going to close its doors.. so who knows...

if the doors do closed then I can leave te both the way it is and the stuff can be locked up!..
if the doors are still open (why is beyond and belief here) then I'm partially screwed...

I think its best if I take the merchandise with me since I am putting alot of effort on them (both the bags and the pins) So Maybe I might arrived around 2:30 -3pm. I know I need to arrive 11am - because the performance start at 12am, but I fear that the schedule is putting us around 2 pm, and its an hour long so that leaves me at 3pm to leave, I go back home, get the back up stuff, arrived there around 4pm..... or maybe less erh......
I am soooo going to be ""Ticked off""" if I arrive at 6pm on saturday  >:(

erh, is anyone still having interested on home made phone straps? I was planning to do them but I'm kinda having some second thoughts!

@ Mistiousstar
Just out of curiosity, do you need some thing to display your items? I mean your selling erh... uhm...