Con Survival, Cosplayer Style

Started by Kiara, April 06, 2011, 10:28:41 PM

Kiara

We've all heard of Con Survival panels. Most of us have even attended them. But there is always something missing. Something... big. And that is the cosplayer perspective. Con Survival, Cosplayer Style will focus on how to get through a con while juggling a bunch of cosplays, photoshoots, and groups. We'll cover everything from how to organize your cosplays in your suitcase, to how to get wigs to a con without destroying those precious spikes, to how to get quality photographers and set up photoshoots. Questions will be taken from the audience during the last 15 minutes.

Now the question of the moments is... what else would you like us to cover in the panel? Anything from specific questions, to broad topics. Let me know what you guys would like to hear!

Cosplayer/Photographer in the East Bay.

Firefury Amahira

Gotta have info on emergency cosplay repair kits! Too many times I've seen people in costume freak out because something breaks and they don't have a repair kit stashed in their room!  ;)
"Fandom should be fun!" - Firefury Amahira
--
Looking for help writing fanfiction?

Kiara

Got it! I'll throw in a little section about what you should carry around with you, what you should bring and keep in your hotel room, and different ideas for how to fix costumes when things go wrong.

Kiara

I think I may do a segment on how to deal with photographers, be it figuring out how to politely decline a photo shoot, to how to go about scheduling photo shoots with good photographers for some of your costumes. Also going to talk about how to throw together a make-shift gathering of coslayers for a spur of the moment photoshoot.