What hours can badges be picked up?

Started by Sunny_Saladin, April 09, 2011, 06:24:49 PM

Sunny_Saladin

Arriving there on the 27th.  Might be there by 3pm.  I'm wondering if there's a time limit for picking up badges.  Also this is my first time going to fanime so I'm not how this process works or where exactly to pick up badges.

Sunny_Saladin

Also, I paid for pre-reg membership for 2 people and early-reg for one person. Do I need to pay for anything else?  Or can we just pick up our badges and enjoy a 2 day stay at Fanime?

ewu

We have not published the times the reg is open, but last year we were open 8AM-8PM on friday. You come register your membership and we issue your badge and you can enjoy con in all it's splendor.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Kyra_Maverick

Badge pick up is always on the first floor of the convention center. You wont miss the giant line, but make sure you stand in the right one. There should be one for pre/early reg and one for at-con reg.

SpiritOfKairi

If you did pre/early registration then you don't need to pay for anything else beyond souvenirs, food, and other various things you'll buy at the convention.  Pickup hours are usually 8 am-8 pm (could be different this year though), so you should be just fine as far as time goes.  As for the line, you'll want to get in the pre/early registration line, which is well marked with signs on the first floor of the center soon as you walk in.

If you're wondering about how the process works, there's the question of if you signed the pre-registration people up individually, or as a group.  If they were individual passes, all people registered will need to show government IDs to the con staffers to pick up their badges (this also goes for the 1 early registration badge).  However, if those people were registered as a group, then only the group leader shows their ID to pick up the passes for everyone in the group.  So let's say you pre-registered for yourself and one other person.  If you did it as a group registration with yourself as the group leader, all you need to do is get in line with your friend, present your ID, and you'll receive both badges.  If you did it as individuals, though, then you and your friend would pick up your badges separately with your IDs.  Make sense?  Basically, the early regsitration person will need to show their ID no matter what; it's just a question of whether or not both pre-reg people need to do it, depending on if they're a group or not.

In case you don't remember if you signed the pre-registration people up as a group or not, just log back into your account to find out.

Sunny_Saladin

I signed up my friends as group leader.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: Sunny_Saladin on April 10, 2011, 11:18:39 PM
I signed up my friends as group leader.

Alright, so if you signed up as a member of your friend's group, you should get in line with them, they'll show their government ID to the staffers and get both of your badges.  The one person you signed up for early registration can get in line with you two, but they'll have to pick up their own badge using their own ID.  I hope this made sense.  If not, let me know and I'll try to clarify further.

ewu

Quote from: SpiritOfKairi on April 11, 2011, 09:18:21 PM
Alright, so if you signed up as a member of your friend's group, you should get in line with them, they'll show their government ID to the staffers and get both of your badges.  The one person you signed up for early registration can get in line with you two, but they'll have to pick up their own badge using their own ID.  I hope this made sense.  If not, let me know and I'll try to clarify further.

This is not correct. as a group leader, you are the only one that can register the other three. When you arrive at the convention go to registration and register for the four of you. Then, they will issue badges. Remember, your other group members will not be able to register themselves.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom