Badges?

Started by Zully, April 09, 2011, 07:14:35 PM

Zully

So I'm looking to turn some of our art into badges for the artist alley. Buttons are easy for me-- I have a button press, had one for years, cinch to put together! Badges I'm having a hard time starting out on. Will a place like FedEx/Kinko's have the laminate and proper hole punch I need for this? Is it worth investing in machines that'll do this for me? What've been your experiences with this?

phr34kish

Some Kinko's stores will have a laminate machine, I used to laminate stock cards for an old boss that way. And they usually have a cutter for them there too, but it's pretty limited to straight edge cuts, but if you're going for rectangle badges, that'll be great.

You can get Laminate machines from places like WalMart for around $20 though, if you want to more long term from home sort of stuff. Basic laminate can cut pretty well with scissors. So if you're doing oddly shaped badges, to follow the outline of the image, for example, regular craft scissors should be plenty. :) Don't worry about a special hole punch either. As long as you have a good one, that should be more than enough.

Zully

Thanks for the tip! I'll go check it out. :)

zeroelement

Thers also Oldschool iron on laminations.
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

otakuya

Theres also a FedEx Office a few blocks away from the conv center near McDonalds. I know they have a laminator (last time I was there)

zeroelement

Quote from: Otakuya on May 07, 2011, 11:45:58 PM
Theres also a FedEx Office a few blocks away from the conv center near McDonalds. I know they have a laminator (last time I was there)
Im a local (i go to the school next the fedex XD) and its still there
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.