Gintama 2011

Started by Rette, April 10, 2011, 09:19:54 AM

Rette

ANPAN ANPAN ANPAN ANPAN ANPAN ANPAN ANPAN ANPAN

It's Gintama 2011!

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Day: Sunday
Time: Noon
L: FiF CE MS

Gintama 2011
Rette - Otaku Toushi (Organizer)
PsychicPsycho - Tomoe 5000
sugarpunch18 - Kagura (Wintertime)
wwcosplayphoto - Shinpachi
weaponhex - Gintoki
risingzan7 - Gintoki
BunofGovt - Hattori Zenzo
MyMidnightAffair - Kyuubei
Xanreo - Kamui

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

Member of Three Dollar Laugh Cosplay

PsychicPsycho

Technically you know who I'll be, but I'll make it official and post anyway, lol. Sign me up for Tomoe 5000. And maybe someone will actually recognize me! XD

Rette

Updated! ^_^

The gathering officially doubled in size... we have a whole 2 people!

~ Gaffer Tape is like the Force. There's a Dark Side and a Light Side and it Holds the Universe Together. ~

sugarpunch18

Sign me up for wintertime Kagura! ;D
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
~Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
~Bloody!Kevin (Welcome to Night Vale)
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)

Rette

Hooray! Another person! Total of... 3.

Hopefully more people will magically appear. ^_^

wwcosplayphoto

shinpachi here. booya.
Fanime 2011 Shoots avalibe here!!

Winter Wish/Cosplay Photography

weaponhex

if I can make the time ill go as Gintoki, still trying to decide on which cosplay's I want to wear this year...Last I checked the Jump one interfered with my Fairy Tails (I can't resist freezing my nipples off as Natsu)
2013 cosplay's
fri - Gintoki from Gintama
sat - Rōjūrō Ōtoribashi "Rose" from Bleach
sun - Trafalgar Law from One Peice
mon - Aido from Vampire Knight

Rette

Well if we get a few more people I think we'll count as a legitimate gathering and we can do this whenever. Does anyone want to throw out a day or time? I'm leaning towards Sunday sometime.

risingzan7

Oh hell yes, I am tottaly in! Im will cosplay Gintoki btw, also u think we should having it before the Jump gathering just so we don't end up getting delayed because the organizer is late or some nonsense.

BunofGovt

The gathering last year was great.  I want to take pics again, but I'm cosplaying something else for the Shonen Jump gathering.  (If you are going to have your gathering before it).  Unless I can speed-change outfits...
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Rette

How does noon sound? I'd like to do it early on Sunday because my afternoon is going to be taken up entirely by Masquerade stuff, and I have another gathering to go to at 1:30.

risingzan7

BunofGovt

I think noon would work for me, if I may join you!  I was Zenzo Hattori last year, and if I cannot get another outfit together in time, I will be Zenzo again.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Rette

Awesome! I'm so glad we've got a bunch of people coming now! ^_^

MyMidnightAffair

Sign me up for Kyubei Yagyu [lighter purple outfit] please. ^^

Rette

MyMidnightAffair

Thanks!
How many people does a gathering need to be complete?

& where is the location of this soon-to-be-gathering?
I don't know what "FiF CE MS" stands for. -o-

Rette

Quote from: MyMidnightAffair on May 11, 2011, 06:49:08 AM
Thanks!
How many people does a gathering need to be complete?

& where is the location of this soon-to-be-gathering?
I don't know what "FiF CE MS" stands for. -o-

We count as a complete gathering now. ^_^ We have more than four people. XD

FiF CE MS stands for Fountains Out Front - Convention Entrance - Marriott Side. =)

I sent in the time request for this gathering, but I'm still waiting to hear back from the great and powerful BSaphire. Once that happens we'll be all set. =D

MyMidnightAffair

That's fabulous. :D

And how should we get the word out about the Gintama Gathering, because I know there were quite a few Gintama cosplayers last year.

& thanks for decoding 'FiF CE MS'. ^^

I'm looking forward to this gathering.

Rette

At con: anytime you see someone dressed in a Gintama cosplay, let them know when and where the gathering is!

I'll check out if there's anything on cosplay.com. ^_^

Edit: There was a Gintama-labeled thread over at cosplay.com, so I posted all the gathering info there too. =D

Does anyone have any ideas for particular photo ops or anything special they want to do at the gathering? Might as well throw around some thoughts now.