Fanime Con 2011 Karaoke Contest Rules

Started by Hank-KKD, April 11, 2011, 06:51:22 PM

Hank-KKD

Quote from: KingKamor on April 29, 2011, 05:59:56 PM
Just wondering if "One More Time, One More Chance" from 5 Cm. Per Second would be available in Karaoke form at the con, since I didn't see it on the site provided in your signature.

We're updating our song library, check the list again in a couple of weeks. For signups, sign up with any two eligible songs, and you can change at check in.

Is it frowned upon to do two songs by the same artist. For example, could someone sing a Hatsune Miku song in the preliminary round, and then a different Hatsune Miku song in the finals? Or do the judges prefer a lot of variety?

Not really- more than a few people do this every year.

My other question is whether it is ok to add audio to a karaoke track.  For example, I'm thinking of singing a song by a group, and there's a part in the melody where another singer sings it and it is impossible for one singer to do both parts, but when the center track is removed, the other part is too.  Is it allowed for us to record that part before hand?

No, please don't do this. I would either enter as a group, or pick a different song.

Can we bring a copy of the song where we removed the vocals ourselves?  I use a filter that is accessible for free over the internet, so anyone could use it.  I like the way it came out.  There is a karaoke of the original song, but there are no harmonies unless you use vocal remove from the original, and since I can't sing harmony and melody at the same time (which would be awesome if I could :b), I like the version I have.  The vocals from the main track remove very cleanly.

This is okay for this year.

dibur

I have a question: would it be okay to bring a karaoke track that we recorded ourselves?  For example, I'd really like to do 1/3 no junjou na kanjou, but there's no karaoke version of it that I know of, so I recorded all the instruments by myself (at a high quality level of recording, of course) and omitted all vocals.  Would that be alright?
Singer of American J-Rock band Valkyrie Kiss! ♪
www.Valkyrie-Kiss.com
www.facebook.com/ValkyrieKiss

Hank-KKD

We do have the karaoke version. But if you've already gone through the effort of making it, that would actually be pretty cool to hear! So we'll allow this.

But for everyone's general reference, if you don't have a song, check our song library first- we have a lot of fairly obscure stuff.

chibimonster

I have another question. Suppose a song has a rather lengthy instrumental part in between verses? Is it possible/allowed to skip over this instrumental part in order to get more singing time in?

Hank-KKD

Nope- any instrumental parts or musical interludes count towards the time limit.

princesskitty18

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 02, 2011, 10:39:48 PM

Nope- any instrumental parts or musical interludes count towards the time limit.

except during the very beginning right?
i thought that's how it used to be...
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

SuperSheba

So you said no to pre-recording parts.  I hope I'm not being obnoxious, but I was wondering...  Could I just leave that little bit of the vocal in and cut the rest?  it's like 2 seconds of singing. 

Hank-KKD

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 02, 2011, 10:42:05 PM

Correct, as long as you let us know to start x seconds into the song.

JiiiWiz

Just want to know for next year's Karaoke Contest's Preliminary Rounds and Final rounds. For both rounds, are we suppose to choose two different songs that fit both time limits? Or can we sing the same song, but as a TV version for the Prelims, and then the original whole song for the Finals?
"Please don't.."

Hank-KKD

Quote from: (GG)Nami_Misaki on October 04, 2011, 01:27:59 AM
Just want to know for next year's Karaoke Contest's Preliminary Rounds and Final rounds. For both rounds, are we suppose to choose two different songs that fit both time limits? Or can we sing the same song, but as a TV version for the Prelims, and then the original whole song for the Finals?

Two different songs.

KusanagiShiro

Quote from: GaleWolf on May 02, 2011, 11:51:08 PM
Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 02, 2011, 10:42:05 PM

Correct, as long as you let us know to start x seconds into the song.

Well, certain pieces of music have iconic intros, such as Gekitei from Sakura Taisen. In that case, its a shame to cut off the beginning.