Anime... Drugs would be cheaper. =^-^=

Started by drallcome, March 31, 2004, 02:01:39 PM

drallcome

Really.. I think drugs would be cheaper than anime..  

Over the last 7 years ive been collecting anime.. (LDs,VHS,DVDs,CDs,Games,Wall scrolls, Figures, ect....)

And over that entire span ive spent close to 10,000$.  Or more.  Dont forget Upgradeing TVs and Home theater sound-systems to make my anime experance better.    Im not kidding.. And im not complaning. :)  Ive love every min of it.

I do love how anime on dvd is releasing faster now..  

I just hate that this weekend 3 anime DVDs that I want are comming out.  Kino's Journey vol 2, Maison Ikkoku Box set 3, and Texhonolyze. Uhh..

How do we do it?  Whats your thoughts on your spending on anime?
Fanime Member since 1999

KimaLucifer

Computer downloading is cheaper.

I don't spend that much on stuff like that because my family members in Japan send me stuff like that.
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

drallcome

Heck.. Got my anime group to do all the downloading for me.  Its great but I prefer US released dvds.  I.. hum.. like dubs..  Please dont kill me..

I like watching anime, not reading anime. :P

Now.. only if I could get the Japanese connection like you do.
Fanime Member since 1999

DayDreamerNessa

unfortunately i can't download anything, because we have a piece of crap of a computer ~_~ so i have to buy DVD's instead, the only problem i hate about this, is that it takes much longer to see a series when you have to buy the dvd, than those who can download it and see a series much faster. ;_; i want to finish fruits basket damnit, but i don't have money >_<
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

neko ewen

I don't suppose you live in or near San Jose? If you do, Nikaku (SJ Japantown) has a rental section with a pretty good selection of both DVD and VHS.

Since the plug was pulled on my house's DSL I've had to rely on friends with broadband for new digisubs (must have more Naruto).
Yaruki Zero Games | Ask me about Maid RPG
"I dream heavy metal but I live whiny punk rock."

Charming_Dorian

i make my pet buy it for me.
hes a good boy.

drallcome

Quote from: "Charming_Dorian"i make my pet buy it for me.
hes a good boy.

Lol.. Reminds me from a seen from Golden Boy. "Oh Yess my Queen!"
Fanime Member since 1999

KinFreon

Now, are we talking prescription drugs, over-the-counter drugs, or narcotics? XD

SuperKawaiiNeko

President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

drallcome

Some people say I should claim 2 more dependents on my tax return.  Since I am supporting 2 children, Anna and May.
Fanime Member since 1999

DayDreamerNessa

aww damn, where i live it's about a 30-45 min drive i think, depending on traffic to san jose. To bad i didn't live closer, or IN san jose ~_~ that would be very convienent
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

Tsubasa

Once again I'm subjected to, from what I've seen and heard, a mangled quote from Slow as Hell Anime: "Anime.  Yeah, drugs would be cheaper."

Anyway, I spend entirely too much on anime/manga/video games and I'm proud of it.  I believe that if you don't spend some money on it, you don't deserve to watch it.  Anime is a luxury and it shouldn't come free when it'll deprive the appropriate companies of their hard earned income.  I do download a little, but it's rather minimal and probably likened to the amount of VHS fansubs I used to watch back in the day.  And I still subscribe to the fansub ethics code, so I buy the stuff I download too.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

0t4k00

When you mean anime do you mean over the counter anime or black market anime?

I have to agree in the past year alone I have spent close to 1,000 on anime alone, not including manga.  :shock:  *>.> 1,000 really* now that I think about it, that money could have gone to some rims and tires for my car.

My friends always ask me why I wear sunglasses in the day and carry clear eyes with me. It’s to hide my red eyes from watching anime all night.
But I don’t have a problem; I can quit any time I want. Now if you excuse me I need to finish watching the rest of Naruto before my shift is over at work.
Time heals all wounds, but the scars remain.

Censor ship sucks.

KinFreon

One day...I thought I was going to this cool new anime con in town. When I got to the hotel, it turned out all I saw was my mom and some weird counselor person. It was...an INTERVENTION!!! O_O

Glitch

QuoteOne day...I thought I was going to this cool new anime con in town. When I got to the hotel, it turned out all I saw was my mom and some weird counselor person. It was...an INTERVENTION!!! O_O
Pure evil.An abomination of otakuness.0_0

Wave Sovereign

I haven't speant too much. Only about 1,000 myself. All worth it!

KinFreon

I was once detained at the Canadian border for having lots of manga in my duffel bag. This is true. Very true.

It was as if...I had drugs. XD *LOL*

Of course they were really looking for pr0n. But still, this is just has too much of a correlation with this thread. XD

Playgirl

But hey, the best thing 'bout buying anime instead of drugs is that they last longer  :D
Bigger fixation for them too.......heh heh
Nyo Nyo~ Kittie fun is the best! (=^.^=)

Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis: "You do not know the power of the Dark Side"

Glitch

...plus it's easier to get action figures about anime.A jerry garcia action figure just doesn't compare to an alucard figure.

platinum edge

Well, I guess it's true that anime is more expensive than drugs.  That's ok though, anime keeps me off the streets and off of drugs. . . although I do need to break my 3 eps a day habit . . . need more Full Metal Alchemist, Aishiteruze Baby, ect . . .
Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.