Anime... Drugs would be cheaper. =^-^=

Started by drallcome, March 31, 2004, 02:01:39 PM

KinFreon

Officer Friendly can't throw you in County over a Love Hina DVD and a couple volumes of the Ai Yori Aoshi manga. XD

VictimX

I can relate to the spending of anime. I have spent close to $400 on anime VHS but lately I've been buying DVDs which sem to come to $200. Then the other things like cels, wall scolls and action figures of this to about $300. With how much people spend on anime we could be considered small time cartel.

drallcome

I was thinking.. Oh no watch out. hehe.  Is there a self help group for Anime otakus like AA?  A 12 step program for otakus? LOL.  =^-^=  But heck, I need my anime.
Fanime Member since 1999

KinFreon

"Hi. My name is Kin, and I'm an otaku."

Glitch

You need more then a 12 step progam to get an otaku off anime.You'll need to completely de-program an otaku with instense persistance.^,,,^

KinFreon

Quote from: "Glitch"You need more then a 12 step progam to get an otaku off anime.You'll need to completely de-program an otaku with instense persistance.^,,,^

Clockwork Orange-style, yo! XD

Glitch

*De-programming backfires.* "Must...crush..hippies."

KinFreon

*straps Glitch to a chair and makes him watch "Love Hina"*

Easy, fella...we'll try this again later. XD

platinum edge

Always chase after your dreams, and never forget why you are pursuing them.

jepdooby

you need to visit chinatown... they have *cough* good cheap anime stuff >_>;

KinFreon

Quote from: "platinum edge"...apparently, there is a 12-step program out there...http://tapanime.com/fun/deotaku.html...

I remember that page! XD Some of the info does seem a bit dated, though.

At least they did get the right idea about the Clockwork Orange-style treatment. XD

drallcome

Quote from: "platinum edge"...apparently, there is a 12-step program out there...http://tapanime.com/fun/deotaku.html...

HAHA  I love Step #9

9.) When someone says "convention", force yourself to think of large gatherings of boring people in suits selling kitchen appliances.

Oh.. about buying anime in chinatown!  NO BAD OTAKU!  Support the arts.

(From FanimCon 2003 Friday Edition June 20, 2003 Newsletter)
Taken from last year FanimeCon Bootleg Policy....

""#1 They take away from the legitimately licensor that of that video.  Do you like anime on high quality DVD's with all the bells and whistles?
#2 Most dealers who sell bootlegs will charge you the same price fro bothe the real thing & the bootleg.  In some cases, you will buy a counterfeit, a burned copy, for a full price.  Oh yeah, I want to do that.
#3 Finally, we want you to shop with the piece of mind that you are getting the real thing.  Quality counts.  After many years in both anime and comic book fandom, I can tell you that every bootleg I got was always replaced with the higher quality item.

Remember, if we want fandom to continue we have to support it with the legitimate product.  If we all buy bootlegs and download anime, there will be no market left.  If you take away the market, There will be nobody who will want to be involved.  Thanks for the time and happy shopping! ""
Fanime Member since 1999

VictimX

I can agree with you drallcome I will download an anime and if I like it (95% of the time) I will go and buy the real licensed anime.

Tuplica

I only DL anime that hasn't been released here yet- It's that or buying the bootleg DVDs, and those not only take $ away from Japan but their subtitles suck.

And I agree- I haven't bought a -lot- of anime (I only buy my favs) but the retail value of my collection has got to be a couple thousand by now. @_@; Scary...
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

drallcome

Yea.. I do watch anime thats been downloaded.  Only because it wont be released in the US for years or not at all.  Thanks Miyuki, my main anime downloader. =^-^=
Fanime Member since 1999