Notification about Artist Alley?

Started by Alexie828, April 16, 2011, 08:59:30 AM

Alexie828

I have not received any form of notification from the Artist Alley Team so far, and I know registration has closed. Does this mean I didn't get the table then? My account information was processed, but I wasn't assigned a table. I'd just like to know if there's still a chance my friend and I got a table. Thanks!

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: phr34kish on April 13, 2011, 12:56:19 PM
This email just went out to the AA mailing list. Hopefully this will help clear some stuff up, guys.

QuoteGreetings All,

We want first to express our thanks for the patience of all the artists as we work our way through the registration process. We received an enormous response to the Artist Alley registration. Unfortunately, there were many more requests for tables than tables available. We have managed to reorganize our original floor plan to increase the total number of tables and yet this still isn't enough to meet all of the requests we've received.

To be as fair as possible, we have decided to approve tables on the current "first come-first serve" basis up to the amount of tables we had originally designated. For the additional tables we were able to gain through the reorganization, we will be allotting them by random lottery from the remaining pool of artists so that everyone has a chance at getting a table. The lottery will simply be a random draw and not a jury system.

To all those who are asking, "When Will We Know?!?":  we have approved all the first come-first serve pool of tables. If you haven't either received an approval or an email asking clarification from us, you are eligible for the lottery.

The lottery will be run on the 16th when Alley registration is closed. The final block of tables will be approved shortly thereafter.

Sincerely,
Marc & Bree
FanimeCon 2011 Artist Alley

It seems this was only sent out to the mailing list, not necessarily those who signed up for tables.

phr34kish

Yes, the email was sent to anyone who had signed up for the Artist Alley email mailing list. Instructions on how to do that were mentioned multiple times in the "Info for Artist Alley Reg" thread, and it's also available at the AA FAQ found http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15477.0.html.