How many people are planning on going to day 0?

Started by HunterZero, April 17, 2011, 03:26:12 PM

Sen

Quote from: MPLe on April 18, 2011, 04:30:31 PM

Officially, Day 0 is the day where the staff finalize their set ups and test all equipment (some of this starts before Day 0). Some departments that have finalized and finished testing their set up will open up and operate on a non-set schedule (for example, Stage Zero/Video Rooms might show some random videos).

For staff: it's a day to finish setting up and tweak layouts/equipment configurations without thousands of people around.
For attendees: it's a day to watch us set up and can be a cool way to see what the convention center is like with the equipment and a lot less people.
For both: it's a relaxing day before the convention gears up. :)

I always thought Day 0 was last minute panic day for staff.... :-X
Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07

Cybermisadventures

Well, I know I have a room booked on May 26 so not only will I be able to be there for pre-reg, but I am also gonna go see Kung Fu Panda 2. Anyone else seeing that movie?
EarlGreyXX.deviantart.com
CyberMisadventures.deviantart.com
TheOtherWorldsComics.deviantart.com

Moonblossom

I'm arriving on the Wednesday but that's mostly because I've got a really long and obnoxious plane trip to deal with, and I will desperately need a nap and a shower before I'm remotely human again. So I give myself the buffer day to travel, then I'm fresh for lining up on day 0.

Charis

Heading up Day 0 again this year, since I much prefer the opportunity to get settled in before the full insanity of things. Though I suppose I could say con's starting Wednesday in a way, because after work I get to pick one friend up from the airport (and then still try to get to sleep at a decent hour in spite of probably wanting to chitchat/cook/make more chocolate/finish packing).  After that, it's about a four-hour drive from here up to San Jose, so not too bad day-of.  And cosplaying Day 0, because I am that much of a dork. XD

Where do you come in from, Moonblossom, if you don't mind my asking?  No stranger to those sorts of plane rides here, but I'm just curious. :3
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

Junon

I'd also like to know what time the pre-reg badge pick up will be begin on this mysterious Day 0.

Moonblossom

Quote from: Charis on April 20, 2011, 11:29:27 AM
Heading up Day 0 again this year, since I much prefer the opportunity to get settled in before the full insanity of things. Though I suppose I could say con's starting Wednesday in a way, because after work I get to pick one friend up from the airport (and then still try to get to sleep at a decent hour in spite of probably wanting to chitchat/cook/make more chocolate/finish packing).  After that, it's about a four-hour drive from here up to San Jose, so not too bad day-of.  And cosplaying Day 0, because I am that much of a dork. XD

Where do you come in from, Moonblossom, if you don't mind my asking?  No stranger to those sorts of plane rides here, but I'm just curious. :3

Don't mind at all. Montreal, QC. Eastern Canada. I managed to get a direct flight into San Fransisco this year, so I've got a six hour flight and then about an hour's ride in a shuttle. I am very much looking forward to waking up at 4 AM eastern time to start the whole procedure :P

It's times like this I am glad I was diagnosed borderline narcoleptic. I can just curl up and go to sleep pretty much anywhere XD

WaffoCellist

Quote from: ewu on April 18, 2011, 11:21:07 AM
Quote from: MPLe on April 18, 2011, 12:46:20 AM
Some staffers (including myself) will be there starting on Day -1. :P

Some even day -2 :)

Yeah!  LOGS will be there running around in their infamous jumpsuits on Day -1! Maybe we should make an appearance on Day -2!!!!
It's a convict...it's a felon...NO! It's a Fanime Logistics Staffer coming your way!!!!

Tsuchimi Rin-chan

This is an example of what will happen on day zero thanks to our fellow Fanime Logistics Staff.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PD-_oLjmCGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Jason Nagal Estioko
Fanime Con Attendee from 1998 to current 2011. (12 years and counting!) Fanime Con 2006 E-Gaming Department Staffer
Animation on Display (San Francisco's Animation Convention) Video Game Staffer since 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Mr Anime

Day 0 is must for me since I have to drive up to San Jose from L.A.
I'm the best at what I do. And what I do isn't very nice.

Himeno

Quote from: Otakuya on April 19, 2011, 12:28:24 AM
What time does the line usually start? About 6 hours before reg opens?
Last year for Otakon, I spent 2 days in Baltimore for sightseeing before the con. I walked past BCC around noon on "Day -1". The first 6 people were already in the pre reg line - over 30 hours before reg opened.

Mantaray3000

I'm going on day 0 to get my (and my brother's) badges and go to the swap meet if there is one on that day.

eHash

There is definitely a swap meet on Day Zero, but don't forget, there is the "Pajama Party" or dance in Ballroom J.
Attendance the last few years has definitely reflected the lower attendance on day zero, but please stop by and hang out for a bit.

solipoo

i've never been to day zero before. i'll probably try to go this year, but i have school and work thursday until 8. probably won't have time to pick up my badge though idk when the badge pickup hours are on day zero, but probably enough time to go to the swap meet *u*

BunofGovt

I'm going to get my badge and then going to the swap meet.  My friend and I will be checking in that day so we'll probably hang out until the swap meet.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

redroses3164

I'll be there on day 0. Probably sorta early afternoon (or late morning). Depends on when I get my bum off of bed. Maybe I'll wear random clothes with my Stocking wig just for fun (day 1 will be my actual Stocking cosplay).

On day 0, is the parking next to the con center full hella fast (the one next to Almaden Blvd and the con center)? For the normal con days, I leave early to park there because it gets full but I never did for day 0 before.

Or I'll just end up parking on Woz. Whichever.

Rin_chan

I WISH I could make it to Day 0 but sadly I don't have a license so I'm riding up with some friends from around the Modesto area.

Trying to con my brother into driving me up there just for pre reg pick up though XP Here's hoping!

HunterZero

I'm gonna chat with Jerry at Saturday's meeting, but I'm thinking that I'll show something on day 0, just for the people who are there.

Who thinks they'll come?
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Mango Bunny

I went for day 0 last year, and since we aren't divvying up the hotel room a million ways it kind of isn't worth it monetarily to go, plus the time off work. PLUS my dog. So all in all I'd spend 50$ (hotel)+22$ (doggy day care)+ a day's work.

Aww, how I miss being youthful and without a big furry 2 year old and a full time job. =(

Barnes

Quote from: redroses3164 on April 27, 2011, 09:42:33 AM
I'll be there on day 0. Probably sorta early afternoon (or late morning). Depends on when I get my bum off of bed. Maybe I'll wear random clothes with my Stocking wig just for fun (day 1 will be my actual Stocking cosplay).

On day 0, is the parking next to the con center full hella fast (the one next to Almaden Blvd and the con center)? For the normal con days, I leave early to park there because it gets full but I never did for day 0 before.

Or I'll just end up parking on Woz. Whichever.

Stocking? Cool. Sidenote: did you ever finish your Mugi outfit?

If I arrive early enough, I'll be first in line, like I was once before XD Maybe...
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

redroses3164

Quote from: Barnes on April 28, 2011, 07:37:35 PM
Stocking? Cool. Sidenote: did you ever finish your Mugi outfit?

If I arrive early enough, I'll be first in line, like I was once before XD Maybe...

I'll be finishing it for Anime Expo. I never finished it because I wasn't motivated to do it (since I was motivated before to do it because one of my buddies was going to be Yui and another Mio but then it fell through).

If I can somehow squeeze time to make it before Fanime, I'll try to though!

If you see me on day 0, feel free to yell out Red Roses/Jill haha. :)