Where should the loners start?

Started by bebop, April 18, 2011, 12:54:09 AM

Kaycea

Quote from: HunterZero on May 16, 2011, 02:19:03 PM
You should choose a specific event to meet up at after it is done (such as... the Cthulhu for President Panel).

You can also meet some really fun people at the Hentai nights, but be warned there are a lot of creepers.

....ohh..no..!?! Never again! If you do meet up for hentai nights(which i don't recommended from bad personal experience) be sure to avoid the typical "ecchi" people that weave their way into the crowd/room. Last time I went some 40yr old guy sitting In the back of the room kept trying to talk to me...I left then he followed....and he still kept trying to talk to me(.=_=.).
I say that to say this, if you go Be WARNED!! Be READY!!.
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

zeroelement

Quote from: HunterZero on May 16, 2011, 02:19:03 PM
You should choose a specific event to meet up at after it is done (such as... the Cthulhu for President Panel).

You can also meet some really fun people at the Hentai nights, but be warned there are a lot of creepers.

O yea theirs hella weird people for the Early hentai night times ive heard the hecklers and DANG they are loud and dont shhh up.
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Rhornez

never made friends at Fanime always went with friends that i knew at school
foreveralone.jpg

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

LadyGlitterbow

Let's all be friends! Lol! No really, you are already at a convention where everyone there has the same exact interest as you, there should be no problem making friends. Best thing to do is go to group events where you know there will be game playing and talking, and then do just that... talk! It's not creepy to walk up to strangers and strike up a conversation as long as you don't act creepy. Talk to a cosplayer, "That's a nice outfit... how did you make it?" Talk to people at a dance... "Wanna dance?" Get involved in a game or karaoke! One of the best places I went to make friends was tabletop gaming. Break out a game late at night when people are dying for something to happen. Those fun group games like pictionary, apples to apples, or munchkin. This makes you exciting and popular. Invite people to play and they will come over. There you go, you have just made some friends!

Alix777

Hello this is my second year going and I was kind of a "loner" last year.  None of my friends are really interested in anime, so I'm secretly an anime nerd lol.  So it would be nice to make new friends and I'm really shy, so you'd have to come up and talk to me first. 

Rhornez

HunterZero

Quote from: Alix777 on May 18, 2011, 06:44:36 PM
Hello this is my second year going and I was kind of a "loner" last year.  None of my friends are really interested in anime, so I'm secretly an anime nerd lol.  So it would be nice to make new friends and I'm really shy, so you'd have to come up and talk to me first. 

Come to Cthulhu for President, WHERE THE WINNERS ARE
Cthulhu for President!
"Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened people, there is only enlightened activity." -- Shunryu Suzuki

Kaycea

You took a big step already, this is the perfect place to find someone to meet up with(.^_^.)b
There's plenty of friendly ppl here, all ready to make new friends.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta

Rhornez

zeroelement

Quote from: HunterZero on May 18, 2011, 08:29:09 PM

Come to Cthulhu for President, WHERE THE WINNERS ARE

dude for that much advertisement you ow the topic starter money XD lol

but alix   it is the time of the nerd. Being a nerd is cool now 100% of the people who watch tv watched one or 2 anime series and dont know it. If its no from disney high chance its an dubed anime besides family guy and simpsons and american dad like shows.

xichisex

My best friend that has been coming with me to FanimeCon for two years now - this will be her third - was never into anime or cosplaying or just thought going to a convention for the first time would be a fun experience. Already we didn't have completely similar interests. Then I took her to places at the convention like the dance and we played video games, and hell yes.. Hentai Night and Yaoi Night. Now she is obsessed with 'Nana' and 'Host Club' and even though she still doesn't dress up - or rather gussy's up in normal clothes - she has super fun. Especially at PicaPics where every year we see Ryan. D: We try not to stalk him, but it's hard.

Basically you just gotta go up to people or even drag someone along with you that you are already a friend with and show them stuff THEY may like. Be all, "Hey, I like this. Maybe you will enjoy it." Or if you see random people at a convention - ESPECIALLY THE GAMING SALON - just start a chat. I know a bunch of people play board games. Maybe take one out and ask if someone wants to play, or ask if you can play next turn against the winner. Complimenting cosplays is a good opener as well.

If you see me there just say hi! :3 I'll be wearing these costumes!

Name's Ichise, or.. Ally. :D

Mod edit: It's called a dance:)

FanimeCon Cosplay 2013

KuroNek0

FELLOW LONERS?
I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE <3

It'd be a pleasure to become acquainted with any of you at the con :]
...although I AM slightly socially awkward >__>;;

Rhornez

if u see a Anbu Black ops ninja with a slight belly poking thro the leather vest, and is mexican thats me

zeroelement

If you see Nekozawa or Free walking around its probaly me. O yea if you see a BIG blue BOX made of cloth thats me to

freewayangel092

I've been following this topic for abit now and I wanted to just add my 3 yen ok?? I am a loner too and I still have a great time. I have never met an unfriendly person at FANIME. Just have fun be yourself and strike up chats with people around you. Like me!!! When I am in line If i hear something funny or something I want to comment on I do. This is how friends are made. I do have a few words of warning....MEN treat all the LADIES with RESPECT.  I've seen a few guys, I won't call them men, treat a lady wrong. If she don't want her pic taken or you are freakin her out just leave her alone.  I want everyone to have fun and a great time. So if a big over weight cuddly panda looking guy says hi dont be too scared. (I dont have a real panda suit. Yet.)

abcbadcat

Quote from: KuroNek0 on May 19, 2011, 09:49:11 PM
FELLOW LONERS?
I HAVE FOUND MY PEOPLE <3

It'd be a pleasure to become acquainted with any of you at the con :]
...although I AM slightly socially awkward >__>;;

Why is that?

There should be an area where people can just meet up who want to make friends. Like a general mingling area that is aside from stage zero and other places. I mean you can hop in a game of ninja with any group in the game room and possibly make a friend there.

Kaycea

Quote from: Rhornez on May 19, 2011, 10:36:13 PM
if u see a Anbu Black ops ninja with a slight belly poking thro the leather vest, and is mexican thats me
hhahaha, that was a great description ;D If I see you i'll be sure to say "yo".

As for a meet up spot for "loners"(I don't think you guys are) we kinda discussed that here: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15944.0.html 
And so far it seems like we mite have a nice turnout hopefully. Also I gave a brief discription of myself there so if anyone wants to say hi..you'll know what to look for ;)
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta

zeroelement

Quote from: xichisex on May 19, 2011, 08:43:52 PM
My best friend that has been coming with me to FanimeCon for two years now - this will be her third - was never into anime or cosplaying or just thought going to a convention for the first time would be a fun experience. Already we didn't have completely similar interests. Then I took her to places at the convention like the dance and we played video games, and hell yes.. Hentai Night and Yaoi Night. Now she is obsessed with 'Nana' and 'Host Club' and even though she still doesn't dress up - or rather gussy's up in normal clothes - she has super fun. Especially at PicaPics where every year we see Ryan. D: We try not to stalk him, but it's hard.

Basically you just gotta go up to people or even drag someone along with you that you are already a friend with and show them stuff THEY may like. Be all, "Hey, I like this. Maybe you will enjoy it." Or if you see random people at a convention - ESPECIALLY THE GAMING SALON - just start a chat. I know a bunch of people play board games. Maybe take one out and ask if someone wants to play, or ask if you can play next turn against the winner. Complimenting cosplays is a good opener as well.

If you see me there just say hi! :3 I'll be wearing these costumes!

Name's Ichise, or.. Ally. :D

Ill keep an eye out. I think there should be an offishal loner gathering. Im kinda starting a last mine one for locals might as well make them one and the same?

emogothichippy

hey this year dude im not going with any friends id be more than glad to hang with you lol

KuroNek0

Feel free to give my Facebook a shout :]
I just made it a couple days ago so I don't have many friends on there = 3=;;
But anyways, I hope to meet some of you guys there  :D

facebook.com/AriChii