Where should the loners start?

Started by bebop, April 18, 2011, 12:54:09 AM

zeroelement

Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Kaycea

I still don't believe in Facebook so I don't have one>,>....but I should prolly make one someday. It's seems to be the big craze nowadays.
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

zeroelement

Quote from: Kaycea on May 21, 2011, 10:30:13 PM
I still don't believe in Facebook so I don't have one>,>....but I should prolly make one someday. It's seems to be the big craze nowadays.
it is something to waste time on and chat with people   its like a public email system with some private sections

kollunz

Speed dating. I'm going to try it out. I know at least 20+ people going to fanime this year, but it never hurts to meet and know even more people!
doot

ININ

The answer to the question "Where should the loners start?" is yourself.  Evaluate your conversation skills.  How you say it is more important than what you say.  We're at Fanime.  The topics are easy:  anime, video games, sci-fi, J-POP, games, karaoke, art, cosplay, etc.  Smile and begin in a friendly way =)  Maintain natural eye contact ;)

Your presentation is another factor.  Please present yourself as a clean, well groomed person who takes cares of himself or herself.  No otaku smell.  That's a turn off!

Kaycea

Quote from: ININ on May 22, 2011, 02:02:51 AM
The answer to the question "Where should the loners start?" is yourself.  Evaluate your conversation skills.  How you say it is more important than what you say.  We're at Fanime.  The topics are easy:  anime, video games, sci-fi, J-POP, games, karaoke, art, cosplay, etc.  Smile and begin in a friendly way =)  Maintain natural eye contact ;)

Your presentation is another factor.  Please present yourself as a clean, well groomed person who takes cares of himself or herself.  No otaku smell.  That's a turn off!
..I was gonna add do a flip or a handstand. But I think you summed everything up pretty good already ;)
(I'll have to remember the maintain neutral eye contact part..I tend to zone out and look at the sky or in the distance~_~)

Honestly though I don't think anyone in this forum is a "Loner". That would mean you prefer to be alone or don't care for the company of others(I used to be that way so I know). At worst you could call yourself "socially awkward" but I don't like that phrase either. Just think of yourself as "someone with a few friends that wants to make more"(.^_^.)b
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta

squishynin

Casually throwing self into the topic

I am also a shy individual who will have no one to hang around with. I'm usually okay with this, but this is my first time going all weekend, so I'm pretty sure I'll feel lonely at some point.
Your guys' advice is really helpful and I'll definitely keep it in mind! Maybe we'll see each other? I'll be a lone Taokaka cosplayer, if you do end up seeing me.

KuroNek0

Quote from: squishynin on May 23, 2011, 12:59:30 AM
I'll be a lone Taokaka cosplayer, if you do end up seeing me.

..I...I....I LOVE TAOKAKA <3 <3
-glomp-

zeroelement

Casually throwing self into the topic

I am also a shy individual who will have no one to hang around with. I'm usually okay with this, but this is my first time going all weekend, so I'm pretty sure I'll feel lonely at some point.
Your guys' advice is really helpful and I'll definitely keep it in mind! Maybe we'll see each other? I'll be a lone Taokaka cosplayer, if you do end up seeing me.

Lol im not shy im actualy pretty outgoing its just all my "friends" tend to hang out with their other friends instead of me TT_TT. lol They probly get sick of me because im like a lost kitten when im bored i just follow them around  XD

squishynin

Quote from: KuroNek0 on May 23, 2011, 01:21:46 AM
-glomp-

*is glomped*

Quote from: zeroelement on May 23, 2011, 01:26:50 AM

Lol im not shy im actualy pretty outgoing its just all my "friends" tend to hang out with their other friends instead of me TT_TT. lol They probly get sick of me because im like a lost kitten when im bored i just follow them around  XD

Aww D:
I'll be happy to hang out with you for a while if we do end up meeting!

Kaycea

I'll be a lone Taokaka cosplayer, if you do end up seeing me.

-glomp-

WHaT!!?!?! Taokaka cosplay? That's epic^_^ I hope I see you there.Actually I will see you, since i'm gonna just be wandering around anyway ;)
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta

Ikki Yoneda

Quote from: bebop on April 18, 2011, 12:54:09 AMsorry, my network of friends in the anime world is very low
Mine is practically non-existent. Some folks I see at a local anime club about once a month, and FanimeCon once a year. But I've worked staff since 2005, and met some good people who also staff (one is even a regular at the local club). Been coming since 1997, and worked as a Vol a couple of years before finding a staff niche. Either way, I have been able to meet people at the con. So do consider it. Hmmm, do they still call it the "Vole Hole" (where volunteer attendees hang out for assignments)?
~Doko ni mo nai sono basho e
~Ima hajimaru utagoe ga
~Todoite-iru, michibiite'ru
~Takaraka ni to heaven

Cybermisadventures

Yeah a lot of my friends actually bailed for Fanime, but I don't exactly even really have a loner problem. I think everyone is coming to Fanime, like any other con, with the intention to bond with other Anime fans and make friends. If loners are afraid that they're intruding or being awkward, don't. c: I mean, lets face it, us Anime fans are kind of awkward people no matter how you look at it. Anyone who says the aren't and who loves anime are LYING. LOL!

I'm gonna be cosplaying as Simon from Gurren Lagann, Mai Shiranui from Fatal Fury/KOF and (maybe) Grimmjow from Bleach. I don't know which days yet, but one of those 3. Don't be afraid to come up to me to talk about stuff~
EarlGreyXX.deviantart.com
CyberMisadventures.deviantart.com
TheOtherWorldsComics.deviantart.com

God91125

I'm ultra shy D: V_V Usually alone in the mornings and late evenings since either my friends don't get up early or at night they're doing events I'm not tooo interested in. Epic Taokaka though! ^^^ :D

zeroelement

Well lets have a gathering of the loners XD.
What do you all think of these days and times? Pick one or two and we can try and get together XD

Thursday Day 0 THE LINE!!!!
7pm (after badges we could possibly meet up if people going down the Thursday.

Friday   possible day
10 sound good?

Saturday
10 (before everything starts getten busy)

lonemeditater

Quote from: zeroelement on May 23, 2011, 11:12:56 AM

Friday   possible day
10 sound good?

Saturday

Friday/Saturday @10 Am or Pm?
I'm me and I exist...

zeroelement

Quote from: lonemeditater on May 23, 2011, 11:26:04 AM
Quote from: zeroelement on May 23, 2011, 11:12:56 AM

Friday   possible day
10 sound good?

Saturday

Friday/Saturday @10 Am or Pm?
What do you all think of these days and times? Pick one or two and we can try and get together XD

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

Runewitt

Quote from: Kaycea on May 22, 2011, 05:39:44 AM
Quote from: ININ on May 22, 2011, 02:02:51 AM

..I was gonna add do a flip or a handstand. But I think you summed everything up pretty good already ;)
(I'll have to remember the maintain neutral eye contact part..I tend to zone out and look at the sky or in the distance~_~)

Honestly though I don't think anyone in this forum is a "Loner". That would mean you prefer to be alone or don't care for the company of others(I used to be that way so I know). At worst you could call yourself "socially awkward" but I don't like that phrase either. Just think of yourself as "someone with a few friends that wants to make more"(.^_^.)b
Do a Barrel Roll.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

KuroNek0

Quote from: squishynin on May 23, 2011, 01:53:17 AM
-glomp-

*is glomped*

Ufufufufu~
Automatic love points sent :D
I really hope to see you ^ -^