Where should the loners start?

Started by bebop, April 18, 2011, 12:54:09 AM

zeroelement

SO what time is everyone free? I tend to be free around ten every day so that works for me
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Yatta Dante

I'm going to be free for almost the entirety of Day 0.  This is my first Fanime, so I'm looking forward to hanging out with a new crowd.
~Yatta Dante

kohana ichibana

Talk to EVERYONE that interests you. Its seriously a small world. Last year I made a friend that was cosplaying as Sakura from Naruto. Turns out she was the sister of my best friends twin. D: It was crazy. (We met again at a Gaia softball game).
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: kohana ichibana on May 24, 2011, 12:50:08 PM
Talk to EVERYONE that interests you. Its seriously a small world. Last year I made a friend that was cosplaying as Sakura from Naruto. Turns out she was the sister of my best friends twin. D: It was crazy. (We met again at a Gaia softball game).

Wait (-_-)
That also makes her the sister of your bests friend, correct? I assume sense the sister of a twin sister is also a sister to the other twin.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

kohana ichibana

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on May 24, 2011, 07:29:41 PM
Quote from: kohana ichibana on May 24, 2011, 12:50:08 PM

Wait (-_-)
That also makes her the sister of your bests friend, correct? I assume sense the sister of a twin sister is also a sister to the other twin.

Gah, I knew I'd be confusing. So my best friend (person 1) has a twin sister (person 2), that twin sisters friend (person 3) has a sister as well (person 4). Person 4 is the Sakura I met at Fanime.
FANIME 2013 so far away... ;-;
ibekorra.tumblr.com FOLLOW MEEE

2012 ANIME EXPO COSPLAY LIST:
Misa Amane (Death Note), Korra (LoK), Tohru Honda (Furuba), Yoruichi (BLEACH)

Rhornez

you should look for me or msg me if u wanna hang out lol

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

zeroelement

Quote from: Rhornez on May 24, 2011, 08:18:17 PM
you should look for me or msg me if u wanna hang out lol
tryen to get a meet up time but no one saying anything lol

squishynin

I can make time on any of the days, really. I won't be there Day 0 though. Too much of a drive, and no one to take me.

Also, for whoever was asking, this is a Taokaka.

Kaycea

I'll be there on Day Zero but I don't know if i'm going to be busy getting dragged around or not. If you really wanna hang though I'll be walking around. I have dreads,i'm about 5'7,and I wear glasses + random objects(like a candy necklace or a necklace made of paper clips). So it's safe to say i'll be easy to spot ;)
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

Runewitt

Quote from: Kaycea on May 25, 2011, 02:54:43 AM
I'll be there on Day Zero but I don't know if i'm going to be busy getting dragged around or not. If you really wanna hang though I'll be walking around. I have dreads,i'm about 5'7,and I wear glasses + random objects(like a candy necklace or a necklace made of paper clips). So it's safe to say i'll be easy to spot ;)
actually, for fanime that isn't very specific.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

lonemeditater

Quote from: Runewitt on May 25, 2011, 09:36:02 AM

That makes me excited, to be around a different crowd for once...
I'm me and I exist...

zeroelement

Quote from: lonemeditater on May 25, 2011, 02:18:06 PM

First Fanime?

lonemeditater

Quote from: zeroelement on May 25, 2011, 02:55:34 PM
Quote from: lonemeditater on May 25, 2011, 02:18:06 PM

First Fanime?

Yeah man, it's in my signature, it's also my first time staffing ^_^
I'm me and I exist...

Kaycea

HAHAHA what?! I'm pretty sure I wont see anyone there that looks like me>,>(I have yet to see a look-a-like in the past 4 years i've gone). I forgot to mention that I'm dark brown skinned btw.

P.S. How many people have you seen with dreads there(o.O;) As far as fanime(or just anime fans in general) dreadlocks are pretty rare :o
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta

Himeno

It is quite hard to meet up with people if you don't have any offline contact details for them. @_@. And the one person I do have a phone number for won't respond. :(

zeroelement

Quote from: Kaycea on May 26, 2011, 11:26:24 AM

HAHAHA what?! I'm pretty sure I wont see anyone there that looks like me>,>(I have yet to see a look-a-like in the past 4 years i've gone). I forgot to mention that I'm dark brown skinned btw.

P.S. How many people have you seen with dreads there(o.O;) As far as fanime(or just anime fans in general) dreadlocks are pretty rare :o
4 people

Kaycea

Yea havin lil to no details makes it kinda hard to meet>_> im currently walkin Around the convention center being bored. I'll prolly just be in the gaming hall for awhile
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta

Rhornez

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

chifunii

In my opinion, lines are one of the best places to meet people. You're stuck in the same spot (sometimes for multiple hours!), and you might as well get your social on. Talk about what you're both waiting for, and things can naturally flow from there. I've been trying to talk more and meet more people, since I'm usually so shy...

I've also found it really effective to just get their names and then find them on Facebook, though nobody can ever find me just by looking at my badge--I don't use my legal name since nobody calls me that. :D
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

KuroNek0

I went back to my old Facebook page.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1534942284

I know some of you added me before so in case you're wondering why I've disappeared just re-add that one ; w;''