FANIME DANCE 2011: DJ Schedule, Locations, Rules

Started by eHash, April 18, 2011, 01:50:08 PM

Psychokandi

I'd just like to say that this thread made my NIGHT. Which is going to go on for another 4 hours before I collapse and die, but still.
So, so happy with the music selection.
And the lack of dubstep. XD

Lie to me...but do it with sincerity....

eHash

less than 24 hours away, strider hanzo and peter lo take the stage to kick off this year's dance.

peter, mel and I prepared all the equipment today and we can't wait to bring it tomorrow. see yall there.

tenton

BTW, someone might want to tell all the Rovers staff that glowsticks (LED or chemical) are okay for the Dance, as one of them tried to tell us that it wasn't allowed at all in the convention. I'm sure it was just some miscommunication, or operating on some older info, but if some attendees also didn't know, they might have been misinformed as well and then mad when they got to the Dance or to one of the performances at the dance hall.

(it would be a sad, sad Momoi performance without glowsticks. I'm sure Yukie would love to see them, too!)

tenton

Have the rules changed wrt glowsticks (chemical) in the Dance rooms? My friend apparently had his sticks confiscated tonight. There could have been a communication problem (he speaks very little English), but he definite had them taken away.

eHash

I need to meet with con ops tomorrow morning to clear this up before the momoi event. supposedly someone cracked glowsticks open to light their costume/body up on thursday or friday.

eHash

I apologize to everyone who lost their glowsticks on sat.  As the one of the heads of dance I was not notified until the end of the sat. event by individuals that their sticks were confiscated.  There was a miscommunication with the rovers.  By Sunday night this issue was corrected between con-ops, facilities, the dance, and the rovers and chemical based glowsticks were allowed in.  

To clarify the reason why they were not allowed in:
If they break, the clean up represents a huge cost.  Last year, some -idiot- (forgive me) decided that the highly toxic chemicals inside would help brighten up his costume. If I'm on fire, I didn't pour gasoline on myself...

This is probably not the right thread for me to say this, but since the con is over:
Use your best judgement.
Don't complain about the dance if you got kicked out because you were doing something wrong.  If you got arrested, you did something wrong.
If you got kicked out because you were doing inappropriate sexual acts in the dance, don't come back, get a hotel room.
Drinking out of a water bottle in the J and claiming it's just water isn't going to help you since the bottle wasn't allowed in, in the first place.
If you are complaining about not being able to bring a bag or prop in, make the suggestion to have a coat check.  The dance has been suggesting,proposing this for years, but without the attendees support or demand,it will never happen.
also, if you're the couple under caught under the table, thanks for helping us determine that skirted tables are no longer allowed in the dance... :(

SquallLHeart

observing from the outside, yes, there was a some mis-communications that happened.
I knew there was no way that glowsticks would not be, not allowed at Momoi's concert... oh no way.. but for regular dance.. i heard they were not allowed minus the thin necklace/wristband-ish like ones.

but i certainly remember the guy who thought it was a good idea to break open one of those glowsticks years ago and poured it on himself..
(uh.. toxic.. and.. broken glass?!) IIRC, rules about glowsticks were pretty much non-existent until that incident.. so.. yeah... you can blame THAT GUY... he certainly ruined your fun.

and.. eww about the couple under the table... i heard about that.
also.. the majority of issues that stem up during the entire convention... are during dance events.
it's emphasized over and over that Fanime is a dry convention... don't be dumb and show up intoxicated... or even worse, with alcohol.

trying to pass off with a badge that doesn't belong to you, or with one that is fake.. doesn't fly either.. so you only have yourself to blame if you get caught.
Trung D. Nguyen
Fanime: Autographs Head '11 | Rovers '01-present | Gopher '99-'00
Anime Expo: AxCon '07-'2009
ComicCon: Vol '04-'05

staff/vol. for misc. conventions all around the nation... ranging from 30.. to 130K+ attendees...

eHash

lol not to single anyone out, but if you are going to use someone else's badge (which you shouldn't be doing) don't use a "known" person's badge, or at least if you're a guy, use a guy's badge...I mean come on....a guy named "Candy"? LOL people had to use their real names with ID to get their badge in the first place....If that was really your name (and you are a guy) i'll give you props.

SquallLHeart

that goes the other way too..

don't let anyone use your badge... that's just.. a big no-no.. they're probably get it taken.. and then you'll have to go to ConOps to pick up your "lost" badge.. and explain why you let someone borrow it.
Trung D. Nguyen

staff/vol. for misc. conventions all around the nation... ranging from 30.. to 130K+ attendees...

KusanagiShiro

Couple under the table? LOL! XD Don't tell me they were goin' at it?!

SquallLHeart

oh.. yea.... it was.. disturbing..

there were other places i fear to mention where other folks were gettin' it on too. :-X
Trung D. Nguyen

monotone

I saw what looked like a pro photographer taking pictures at the dance I believe every night... Anywhere we can see those pics posted?
Fanime Rovers
Callsign: Zombie

kookiekween99

Edit: Just noticed the feedback thread. Moved my reply there.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14