Got my plane ticket!!!

Started by Moonblossom, April 19, 2011, 02:14:36 PM

Moonblossom

Sorry, I just needed to share. It's been several years since I was able to make it to Fanime, but I just finished sorting everything out and I'm really excited. :D

Junon

M

Oh Moonblossom booked her ticket? Time to move FanimeCon to another date! :D
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Moonblossom

It's nice to know I have such a strong influence :P XD

Junon

While you're at it, could you move Fanime closer to Winter? I'm getting tired of sweating in my costumes in that Spring coming-close-to Summer heat. Thanks! :)

Mi Feng

Shweet! Hope this Fanime is a great one for ya!

Runewitt

Quote from: Junon on April 19, 2011, 03:47:07 PM
While you're at it, could you move Fanime closer to Winter? I'm getting tired of sweating in my costumes in that Spring coming-close-to Summer heat. Thanks! :)
the end of november would be good for me. week after thanksgiving...
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

otakuya

ewu

how about 2 fanimes a year.....of even, one for every season....EVERY DAY.....ugh EffEmmEll....
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Moonblossom

Quote from: ewu on April 19, 2011, 09:09:33 PM
how about 2 fanimes a year.....of even, one for every season....EVERY DAY.....ugh EffEmmEll....

FANIME FOREVER.  8)

mariotheotaku

I still need to get mine. X( Prices sure have gone up since last year to travel from Colorado to California by almost $100.00

Moonblossom

Aww, good luck. I was pretty shocked, I also got the ticket for my friend who is coming in from Boulder, and it was about half the cost of mine. It's usually less than a quarter.

What we ended up doing is flying into San Fransisco, it's actually a fair bit cheaper. United flying from DIA to SFO worked out to just over 300 round trip, if that helps.

Himeno

Quote from: Otakuya on April 19, 2011, 08:43:25 PM
I'd love a Winter FanimeCon!
Then have Fanime at the same time, in Northern Victoria.  :P

mariotheotaku

Quote from: Moonblossom on April 21, 2011, 06:11:20 AM
Aww, good luck. I was pretty shocked, I also got the ticket for my friend who is coming in from Boulder, and it was about half the cost of mine. It's usually less than a quarter.

What we ended up doing is flying into San Fransisco, it's actually a fair bit cheaper. United flying from DIA to SFO worked out to just over 300 round trip, if that helps.

How do you get from San Francisco to 1 of the hotels in San Jose? Taxi? I might end up doing that.

Himeno

Quote from: mariotheotaku on April 22, 2011, 12:52:46 AM

How do you get from San Francisco to 1 of the hotels in San Jose? Taxi? I might end up doing that.
SFO to SJCC?
BART to Millbrae, Caltrain to Diridon, VTA to Convention Center.

Moonblossom

We're hiring a private car. It was only 20 bucks more than the SuperShuttle for two people, and because I'm mildly disabled it's much more comfortable and much easier than dealing with things like the BART. Also, I'm actually staying in the area from the 25th of May to the 5th of June, so... lots of luggage to deal with.

Konekogami

DIA? As in Denver International Airport?  :o I wonder if we'll see each other!

Moonblossom

Considering how many people fly through DIA on a daily basis... Also he's flying in on the Wednesday, so unless you're also planning to get there very early, I doubt it.

Konekogami

Quote from: Moonblossom on April 23, 2011, 09:02:23 AM
Considering how many people fly through DIA on a daily basis... Also he's flying in on the Wednesday, so unless you're also planning to get there very early, I doubt it.

:p I know.  It was more of a silly excitement over seeing another Coloradoan

Moonblossom

XD

Well, technically you're seeing a Canadian who will be dragging a Coloradoan with her. But he'll be there eventually!