First timer seeking friendly people to hang with!

Started by sugarpunch18, April 21, 2011, 09:40:32 PM

sugarpunch18

To anyone still reading this and to those who I let down, I want to give my deepest and most heartfelt apologies for not showing up to this meeting.

The night before the meeting my mother called me to tell me that my dog Ruby had passed away.

She had been sick for awhile but I thought nothing of it since it didn't seem that serious. I guess it was too much for her. She was an old dog, I knew she wouldn't be with me forever, but her death still hit me very hard. I hope all of you understand why I wasn't exactly in the mood to attend anymore, and I'm deeply sorry I didn't contact you all sooner.

-Edith
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:
~Dean Winchester (Supernatural)
~Bloody!Kevin (Welcome to Night Vale)
~LoveMeUniform!Kyoko Mogami (Skip Beat)

robozombisaurus

Gintama cosplay how cool I love the manga!
anyway I would love to hang out with you at the con!
this will be my fourth year!
Pinkie pie- my little pony
Missing no. Snorlax & Sylveon- Pokemon
Lumpy space princess- Adventure time
Stocking,geek boy(gender bent)- panty and stocking

sugarpunch18

Quote from: Alex-X-Core on April 21, 2011, 09:49:36 PM
Really?! :o
Because hanging with a veteran would make my life so much easier! Not ta mention I'd have someone ta talk to that'll actually know what the hell I'm talking about! XD
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:

robozombisaurus

Quote from: sugarpunch18 on April 21, 2011, 09:55:45 PM
Quote from: Alex-X-Core on April 21, 2011, 09:49:36 PM
Really?! :o
Because hanging with a veteran would make my life so much easier! Not ta mention I'd have someone ta talk to that'll actually know what the hell I'm talking about! XD
Haha yeah no problem! I might be a little busy running to a gathering but the rest of the time I'll just get checking things out if you dont mind.  :)

Hisuitsume

Fanime '07-'09 ~ Attendee
Fanime '10       ~ Panels General Staff
Fanime '11-'12 ~ Panels Co-Head
Fanime '13       ~ Panels Second
Fanime '14-'15 ~ Panels General Staff

Otakon '08-'09 ~ Attendee

BunofGovt

Dunno if it will actually happen, but there may be a Gintama gathering up for photos.  The one last year was a blast.  If you're cosplaying Kagura on the day of the gathering, you should go to it!

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15884.0.html

Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

sugarpunch18

Quote from: BunofGovt on April 22, 2011, 09:54:15 PM
Dunno if it will actually happen, but there may be a Gintama gathering up for photos.  The one last year was a blast.  If you're cosplaying Kagura on the day of the gathering, you should go to it!

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15884.0.html

This sounds like fun, I'll definately check it out! Thanks! ;D
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:

erkk

i ill meet up if you want to. ill be attending as Miku Hatsune Magnet from vocaloids. 
It is also my first year :] so im totally excited,and ready to meet new people. :)
Fanime 2013

Kaycea

If you need a "buddy" to hang out with during the daytime, I don't mind meeting up. I'm usually just browsing around till nighttime anyway(that's when itz time to party at the dance ALL night^_^) And since i've gone to Fanime about 4-5 times now i've run out of things to do in the daytime besides random acts of debauchery. Plus if you hang out with me you're bound to stand out as I'm pretty unique compared to most Attendees.

P.S. I can also sympathize with the "boring" friends situation.....It can be very sad I know (.=_=.)
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

sugarpunch18

Quote from: erkk on April 23, 2011, 08:33:34 PM
i ill meet up if you want to. ill be attending as Miku Hatsune Magnet from vocaloids. 
It is also my first year :] so im totally excited,and ready to meet new people. :)
Huzzah, a fellow n00b! :D

I'm planning ta just roam around and check out the sights, is that okay with you?

However, I don't really know my way around so I may get us lost... Fun rite?  ;D
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:

ShadowKnight508

This is my 2nd year attending FanimeCon (I do not do cosplay, but I do take images for AnimeVice and will be doing a massive feature on Cosplaying this year). If you need someone to hang around with on Friday afternoon or on Saturday, give me a ring! You can even tag along when I do interviews and photos of the VOCALOID, K-ON!!, and POKEMON gatherings on Friday afternoon and most of Saturday.

EDIT: You can find me by the lobby or by the fountain out front doing cosplay photos for AnimeVice.
Currently doing massive wiki edits on AnimeVice. Will be doing cosplay photos at FanimeCon for AnimeVice's site. T-minus 3 days to FanimeCon!

Planned Cons: FanimeCon 2011, KinToki-Con 2011, SACAnime 2011
http://shadowknight508.deviantart.com/gallery

sugarpunch18

Quote from: Kaycea on April 26, 2011, 01:54:28 PM
If you need a "buddy" to hang out with during the daytime, I don't mind meeting up. I'm usually just browsing around till nighttime anyway(that's when itz time to party at the dance ALL night^_^) And since i've gone to Fanime about 4-5 times now i've run out of things to do in the daytime besides random acts of debauchery. Plus if you hang out with me you're bound to stand out as I'm pretty unique compared to most Attendees.

P.S. I can also sympathize with the "boring" friends situation.....It can be very sad I know (.=_=.)
Huzzah for debauchery! It was what I planned to do anyway so it sounds like fun! ;D

Since you've been there a few times, do you know anywhere we could meet up perchance? It would be better thatn wandering around aimlessly... ;)
Fanime 2014 Cosplays:

jingko

you can find me at the cosplay chess, or at a panel on sunday but i'm always up for people to talk to and hang out with.
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

erkk

Quote from: sugarpunch18 on April 27, 2011, 01:27:12 PM
Quote from: erkk on April 23, 2011, 08:33:34 PM
Huzzah, a fellow n00b! :D

I'm planning ta just roam around and check out the sights, is that okay with you?

However, I don't really know my way around so I may get us lost... Fun rite?  ;D

that fine, i also have 3 other noobs attending with me. yeah.  getting lost all day.
Fanime 2013

GoodAsianDriver

--
www.spinkpop.com
Each man is given a scientific heritage plus a continuing barrage of sensory stimulation; and the considerations which guide him in warping his scientific heritage to fit his continuing sensor promptings are, where rational, pragmati

Brutal

I'm Sonya, I'm 17, I'm 5'3, I are also Mexican, and I'm into chocolate men LOL, srsly.
THIS is my facebook.
I'll be hanging with Alex-X-Core. :D
Sooo yeah you should add me???
c:

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku

c2chaos

In my left brain, there's nothing right & in my right brain, there's nothing left.

Kaycea

Quote from: sugarpunch18 on April 28, 2011, 11:12:32 AM
Quote from: Kaycea on April 26, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Huzzah for debauchery! It was what I planned to do anyway so it sounds like fun! ;D

Since you've been there a few times, do you know anywhere we could meet up perchance? It would be better thatn wandering around aimlessly... ;)

Hmm well we can meet up at the fountains in front of the convention center(once again I stand out so you'll spot me easy). Or we can meet up at Stage Zero, which is the stage with all the chairs in front of it(as soon as you walk through the main entrance,then go up the stairs it'll be right there). It's all up to you really how you wanna do it. Of course this is the age of text so if it comes to that we can use that too....>,>.

P.S. LOL at the strangers comment, it's surefire way to get into awkward conversation that'll you never forget but will always prolly regret..Especially if you end up talking to a sketchy 40 something year old guy that just came out of the hentai room....(he wouldn't leave me alone!!)

Quote from: Brutal on May 01, 2011, 11:04:28 PM
I'm Sonya, I'm 17, I'm 5'3, I are also Mexican, and I'm into chocolate men LOL, srsly.
THIS is my facebook.
I'll be hanging with Alex-X-Core. :D
Sooo yeah you should add me???
c:

I'm a "chocolate man" so i guess that'd put me in your radar('_'?). Anyway the more for me to do in the daytime the better, so i'm up for hanging wit ALMOST anyone...but If it's anyone like the guy i mentioned above...I'll run...VERY fast.
My daily mantra is L.I.F.E.= Losing.Is.Failing.Excellently.
So it's not that I didn't win...I just choose not to succeed.
Cosplays I've done:
Everyday of my life-Me
Fanime 08'-Dosu Kinuta
Fanime 11'-Kuro Shinobi no Mono
Sacanime 11'-(Same)+Kuroneko

robozombisaurus

Brutal

Quote from: Kaycea on May 02, 2011, 01:21:37 PM

I'm a "chocolate man" so i guess that'd put me in your radar('_'?). Anyway the more for me to do in the daytime the better, so i'm up for hanging wit ALMOST anyone...but If it's anyone like the guy i mentioned above...I'll run...VERY fast.
LOL, yes you would be on my radar xD

2012 Cosplays » Zoey | Scout's Mom | Caroline | Rebecca Chambers | Panty | Miku