FLOW at FanimeCon 2011 - MusicFest Guest of Honor

Started by Acid_Android, April 22, 2011, 06:48:46 PM

felexis12

Quote from: lurker9000 on June 01, 2011, 09:39:33 PM
They got all their gifts. Unfortunately things such as flowers and other perishables could not be taken back to Japan w/ them

The band always really appreciates support from their fans and they said that the crowds spirit? is the one of the most memorable.

Great to know! Thanks a lot! :D

chifunii

Quote from: cottoncandymuffin on June 01, 2011, 09:44:25 PM
Quote from: chifunii on June 01, 2011, 06:45:45 PM
@cottoncandymuffin
Whhhaatt, far left or far right? Can't believe I was close to you without knowing it--I probably should've introduced myself on the forum a little sooner. The more the merrier! I basically went through every day of Fanime with people I met one year ago (on the last day of Fanime) and hadn't seen since. Next year, for sure. FB is good. :) And it's short people like us that have to stick together 8D hahahah :}

I was smack dab in the center haha xD
Yeah totally! I've gone by myself for the past 2 years but it's not so bad coz you always meet new friends there :) But next year I definitely need to meet up with you and rebecca and everyone ^^

Of the first row? HOW DID I TOTALLY MISS YOU THEN. I must be blinder than I thought...I'd be glad to introduce you to everyone, just let me know when! I'll FB you my number~ Gotta warn you, my hearing's getting worse too. I went on my own to FLOW's Q&A and autograph last year (hnnng ヽ(;´д`)ノ), but the LM.C fans I met the next day [in line] became my MusicFest friends foreverrrr. Hahahah :) Technically I could see you every day but that's just a bit shady. :)
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Momoko

Overall, I really enjoyed FLOW's concert :D They showed the same energy and enthusiasm as last year! <3 I hardly knew any of their songs (was trying to make a tracklist) so I'll try to be prepared if they ever come again ^^

The only thing that disappointed me were the fans during Yuya's concert. Before his encore started, people were shouting "FLOW FLOW FLOW!!" Excuse me but it was still Yuya's turn and I thought it was extremely rude ;___; There were a few "YUYA YUYA!"'s but I could barely hear them.

Kuudere

Quote from: Momoko on June 01, 2011, 10:12:32 PM
Overall, I really enjoyed FLOW's concert :D They showed the same energy and enthusiasm as last year! <3 I hardly knew any of their songs (was trying to make a tracklist) so I'll try to be prepared if they ever come again ^^

The only thing that disappointed me were the fans during Yuya's concert. Before his encore started, people were shouting "FLOW FLOW FLOW!!" Excuse me but it was still Yuya's turn and I thought it was extremely rude ;___; There were a few "YUYA YUYA!"'s but I could barely hear them.

Gah....yeah, I felt really bad about that. I was cheering for FLOW and didn't realize he would do the encore, then felt like a jerk when he came back out on stage. I hope he didn't take it personally to hear that. He was a fantastic act all on his own. My friend, who was not there to watch him, actually turned out liking his performance a lot. My other friends who knew nothing of his work, said he was like a mix of Michael Jackson and Usher, which I think is a great compliment.

PunkDrunker

Quote from: chifunii on May 31, 2011, 09:50:45 PM
^Were you up front too? I kept getting shoved and pushed around by a reallllly tall sweaty guy. Being 5' tall, it's not so fun. But what can you do, things like that are bound to happen at concerts...Yay for staffffffffff~

I was stuck right behind that guy for most of the concert, and stuck next to his friend who kept pushing people, and his other friend who kept bumping into people, and was hitting people in the face when she started swinging her shirt around on NUTS BANG!!!. And they nearly knocked me over when they put their friend on the second guy's shoulders.

But that was the only bad part, otherwise the concert was amazing (par for FLOW). LOVED that they played Ryusei and Around the World (my sister's favourite song), and was happily surprised they did LUNA (though I had a feeling they were going to) and Sono Saki ni wa... I pretty much expect they won't do my favourite at Fanime (Fuyu no Amaoto) but hope in years to come they will do some of my other favourites (Garden, SOUL RED, Bring it On).

And I was really hoping they would do 1/3. Being a die-hard SIAM SHADE fan I went crazy when the single was first announced (especially after a string of bad covers this winter) and when Takeshi mentioned on the blog that Daita (ex-SIAM SHADE guitarist) was going to help arrange and guest on the single I had double faith it would be amazing. And they didn't disappoint. It is the only good cover of 1/3. (imho) And when it started I went absolutely crazy, screaming my heart out with excitement. And had one of the people near look at me like: 'What is your problem?' I was singing along at the top of my lungs. (Okay, granted, I was doing that with all of the other songs too... XD)

And was so excited to get the sneak preview of their new single HEY! It sounds absolutely amazing. Can't wait for August for it to come out. *heads over to Amazon.jp to see if it's on pre-order yet*

So it was an amzing concert, just like last year, and I certainly hope they come back again next year! Now my next goal is to get back over to Japan to see them live there.

Momoko

Quote from: MeowDesu on June 01, 2011, 10:25:17 PM

Gah....yeah, I felt really bad about that. I was cheering for FLOW and didn't realize he would do the encore, then felt like a jerk when he came back out on stage. I hope he didn't take it personally to hear that. He was a fantastic act all on his own. My friend, who was not there to watch him, actually turned out liking his performance a lot. My other friends who knew nothing of his work, said he was like a mix of Michael Jackson and Usher, which I think is a great compliment.

I'm sure anyone would make a mistake like that. A lot more people became his fan after the concert! The line for his second autograph was huge compared to his first session. :O Haha I'm glad your friend enjoyed his concert!

cottoncandymuffin

yeah I was really annoyed when that happened I wanted to scream at them like 'what's wrong with you people?!' >_<"

@MeowDesu: I've heard people say that alot about him, that's he's like a mix of MJ and Usher owo

@chifunii: haha well there was a helluva lot of people in the front (I couldn't see anything beyond the 2 people right next to me)...and plus you probably didn't know what I looked like so yeah...

hahaha I did that too I was jumping around screaming so much I was tired after their 2nd song xD
personally my favorite song by them is calling but all of their songs are superduperawesome :D
as soon as HEY! goes on pre-order forget everything I'm going on cdjapan and buying it haha.

I was at stage zero one morning and the host (rob miles I think) was saying how he got to talk to flow and last year when they came before they left they had begged to come back this year, so I hope they come back again ;)

Amo-chan

I completely enjoyed the concerts! I'm amazed by how much FLOW cares for their fans and were so kind no matter where they ran into their fans. They were so outgoing and happy, such great guys!

The concert was fun! I was standing right behind those three guys going crazy. -_-'
That rover, Chris (I think his name was?) Was so much fun! I couldn't stop laughing when I saw him waving his arms like crazy, right along with everyone else!

@cottencandymuffin You were right next to Chifunii and me?? How did we miss you?? Next year I guess, we can get everyone together. Funny how we joined forces for LM.C and have continued on since them.

I can't wait for next year. Thanks MusicFest!! This was just amazing!!
I think the only problem I really had was the overlap. It was crazy!! We had our friends hold our place in line so we could go to Yuya's autograph session on saturday, but when we returned the Rovers claimed we weren't there, and that created some problems. Then on Sunday, everything overlapped! You couldn't go to yuya's things and FLOW's. You had to miss some for the other. Going to Yuya's autograph I missed Yuya's Q/A and FLOW's Q/A. Going to FLOW's autograph I missed Yuya's raffle and pictures with him. It was one big overlapping crazyness.Going by yourself for some of these, especially when you come from another state, you can't really go to everything and it's harder to find people to group up with and help eachother out.

Thanks to Chifunii and the others! I'm so glad we were able to meet up and have fun this weekend

chifunii

Quote from: Amo-chan on June 02, 2011, 11:55:16 AM
I completely enjoyed the concerts! I'm amazed by how much FLOW cares for their fans and were so kind no matter where they ran into their fans. They were so outgoing and happy, such great guys!

The concert was fun! I was standing right behind those three guys going crazy. -_-'
That rover, Chris (I think his name was?) Was so much fun! I couldn't stop laughing when I say him waving his arms like crazy, right along with everyone else!

@cottencandymuffin You were right next to Chifunii and me?? How did we miss you?? Next year I guess, we can get everyone together. Funny how we joined forces for LM.C and have continued on since them.

I can't wait for next you. Thanks MusicFest!! This was just amazing!!
I think the only problem I really had was the overlap. It was crazy!! We had our friends hold our place in line so we could go to Yuya's autograph session on saturday, but when we returned the Rovers claimed we weren't there, and that created some problems. Then on Sunday, everything overlapped! You couldn't go to yuya's things and FLOW's. You had to miss some for the other. Going to Yuya's autograph I missed Yuya's Q/A and FLOW's Q/A. Going to FLOW's autograph I missed Yuya's raffle and pictures with him. It was one big overlapping crazyness.Going by yourself for some of these, especially when you come from another state, you can't really go to everything and it's harder to find people to group up with and help eachother out.

Thanks to Chifunii and the others! I'm so glad we were able to meet up and have fun this weekend

Glad to see that you got home safely! :) Hopefully you've caught up on your sleep--I'm still getting projects done. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up again sometime! :D You'll always be welcome in the Bay Area. xD

--
As I've said, the more the merrier! Whoopwhoop. I might be the only one sharing this sentiment with my friend Amy, but "waiting in line is fun". :)) A little tiring, but fun.

Oh the overlaps. xD Gave us all headaches on Sunday--my friend and I actually had to strategize on Sunday for which ones we'd go to and which lines we'd wait in. We actually made it to everything, save for the Yuya photo which we got there just a bit too late for (made it to the raffle)--It's okay, though, I have my FLOW photo. 8]

@Cottoncandymuffin I saw you in line for the photo though! At least, I think I did. Dunno why I could've missed you in the live line... You look a whole lot like a girl from my volunteering group in Fremont, so maybe that's why I kind of remember seeing you. I do remember thinking "She's young!" lol OTL when I 'saw' you in line.

lurker9000

I am Chris.
I am not a rover ._.
I'm Musicfest 2nd.
I was mainly in charge of Flow for a majority of the con last year and this year.

I also MC'd the Q&A for Flow if you came to that and didn't put two and two together!
ChristopherLee:MusicFest2nd

Kitsunedolly

The concert was so FANTASTIC! It was really nostalgic hearing some of the songs, especially 1/3 Junjou na Kanjou. Really, me and my girlfriend flipped out when we heard it xD I didn't expect to hear them play that song, especially since it's so old, it reminded me of watching Rurouni Kenshin back in the day. I had such a blast getting to experience this concert! Both FLOW and Yuya gave amazing performances :)

chifunii

Quote from: Kitsunedolly on June 02, 2011, 12:59:44 PM
The concert was so FANTASTIC! It was really nostalgic hearing some of the songs, especially 1/3 Junjou na Kanjou. Really, me and my girlfriend flipped out when we heard it xD I didn't expect to hear them play that song, especially since it's so old, it reminded me of watching Rurouni Kenshin back in the day. I had such a blast getting to experience this concert! Both FLOW and Yuya gave amazing performances :)

The reason they played it is because they just recently released their own cover version of it:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KSCL-1721
(In case you're interested~)

cottoncandymuffin

@amo-chan: I think I saw you and chifunii in line a few times for autograph sessions and the FLOW pictures. I was going to say hi but I thought it might be kinda creepy if I just ran up to you hahaha xP but next year we're definitely getting together

yeah I literally planned out my schedule for the day the night before to make sure I hit everything. I skipped the Q&A's too for the autographs...but maybe they had other plans so they had to cram it in (I think that's what happened last year with LM.C/FLOW?)

GokuMew2

FLOW was great!
I missed them last year since I was not able to attend FanimeCon but I'm glad I was able to see them this year.

I was sitting second floor and was a bit concerned about the chick in front row to the left who was head banging away. I hope the people around her were OK? I've experienced head banging here at lives in Japan and um, it's scary... I've nearly been hit before so ya.

It's perfectly fine to express your support however you feel, but just please make sure it doesn't bother those around you.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

TofuHopper

Hi! I actually only heard of FLOW because of Code Geass but didn't take the time to listen to much of them after that but after this show I am very impressed! I was wondering if anyone know their setlist for the concert? I really like some of the songs they performed and would like to hear more of it^Q^

cottoncandymuffin

I can't say I know the exact set list, but here's some of the songs they played, to name a few:

Union, Calling, GO!!!, Colors, Re:member, 1/3 no junjou na kanjou, Word of the Voice

there's plenty more out there, their website has their entire discography (www.flow.mu) ;)

Amo-chan

Quote from: lurker9000 on June 02, 2011, 12:51:20 PM
I am Chris.
I am not a rover ._.
I'm Musicfest 2nd.
I was mainly in charge of Flow for a majority of the con last year and this year.

I also MC'd the Q&A for Flow if you came to that and didn't put two and two together!

You were awesome! I think you really made people go crazy too with your energy. Thanks for taking care of FLOW for the last two years!

@Cottoncandymuffin You should have said hi! So many people kept running up to me and saying hi. I wore my LM.C punky heart hat. I even got jump for it by some girl...until I told her it wasn't the same hat. Crazy girls...
Well, hopefully next year. I'll try to fly back. Guess it depends on the bands, but I really want to see everyone one last time.

chifunii

^ (`_´)ゞ

You are probably impossible to point out without your hat on, though it's pretty crazy they still remember (and want) your hat~ I'm sitting in class rn--last day of school! Maybe next year I'll be able to be off from school so I can enjoy all four days of fanime... Hope to see you back though--unless I go over to Florida~~

TofuHopper

Thanks cottoncandymuffin hahaha I like saying your name!

chifunii

Quote from: TofuHopper on June 03, 2011, 01:42:29 AM
I was wondering if anyone know their setlist for the concert? I really like some of the songs they performed and would like to hear more of it^Q^

Aside from their songs used as OP/ED for various anime series, a great majority of their songs from last Saturday are from their latest non-compilation album, MICROCOSM. Singing along to LUNA is really fun xD They really mixed up the setlist from last year (MICROCOSM was released after Fanime 2010).