FLOW at FanimeCon 2011 - MusicFest Guest of Honor

Started by Acid_Android, April 22, 2011, 06:48:46 PM

Kaori

Thank you for putting it on Saturday....I wasn't able to see them last year because of the fact that I was doing swap meet.....
Current Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Watanabe Kanako- Star Driver
Ayuzawa Misaki- Kaichou wa Maid-sama

.::midnight.maiden::.

I am thrilled that FLOW is coming to visit us again! They're like family to us now ^w^
And they are also going to increase their rep by going to Anime Central. I hope they get as much love in the Midwest as they do here!

Hopefully we won't have any technical difficulties...

Considering that Yuya's show will be around 8pm...FLOW's show will be earlier I suppose. Within the afternoon.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

PinkBlossom89

First off, how excited and beyond happy Music Fest invited *Flow* to return for 2011 ;D ;D ;D(WIN)...Last year's performance was amazing and I left happy. This year which will be no different, yet here's what I'm a bit confused about the concert times? I know there's going to be attendee's who are going to attend Yuya's concert while other's will attend Flow's or want to attend both? Now here's my question how's the concert's going to work? I mean personally this is Yuya's first time to Fanime & his debut in the states his concert should start first & wrap up the evening with Flow?! Yet it's up to the staff to make the decisions , however is it going to be attendee 's who want to see Yuya's concert line up & go in while those who want to see Flow's concert wait until their concert starts ? Cause it wouldn't be fair >:( >:( if those who waited for one concert then after it ends the next Music Fest act starts right after? ??? ??? ??? 

Xanreo

Are the schedules confirmed yet?
I haven't read anything about Yuya Matsushita and FLOW performing on the same night.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

PinkBlossom89

Yes Both Yuya & Flow are performing on the same day, due to conflicts of last year so i the end all Music Fest Concerts will be taking place on a Sat. To me personally, it's a pain  >:( however things change over a year period :-\

Acid_Android

...Please don't jump to conclusions without official word from staff =/

(Where did people read that Yuya's concert will start at 8pm...???)

In any case...

For those of you who remember how MusicFest used to be 2004-2005 where it was ONE CONTINUOUS concert, it'll be like that this year. You won't be forced to leave the Civic at the end of one set to line up again for the next set...that just doesn't make sense. o_O
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

PinkBlossom89

wait a minute..you mean to tell me, in order to see one performance we have to sit through until that act comes on? That doesn't seem a bit fair if some of us are traveling out a distance to Fanime?! >:( >:( >:( To be honest I don't know Yuya's work to well, that's why I personally thought it's two acts performing at different times which means people who are big fans of Yuya can line up & see the guy perform & etc..etc ..because I know how the line is going to be ..so I guess that's how the cookie crumbles in this case  :( :( :( I really wish it the schedule from last year cause there were two acts on two different days it was a bit easy to understand, now it's all confusing  ??? ??? ???

chifunii

Nthe doors stay open, so just wander in whenever you wander in...?
While Musicfest is the reason why I'm so excited for fanime every year, the events are pretty much planned for Fanime as a whole...which means coordinating time-wise for big events. Every year is trial-and-error (ohoho An Cafe...), so we'll just see how it all works out hm?

Last year the doors did stay open for the entire duration--sOme people just walked it bc they thought it was worth checking out xD
I don't mind either way...I like both artists performing this year, so I can't really represent or stand behind any dissatisfaction anybody else may have...
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Xanreo

Quote from: Acid_Android on April 26, 2011, 08:33:10 AM
For those of you who remember how MusicFest used to be 2004-2005 where it was ONE CONTINUOUS concert, it'll be like that this year. You won't be forced to leave the Civic at the end of one set to line up again for the next set...that just doesn't make sense. o_O

I see.
Other than the monster line that will form, it'll be great to be able to attend Friday night's events since I can knock out Musicfest all in one night.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Acid_Android

Can't please everybody, but we have to work with what we're given.

And who knows, you may end up liking Yuya's music, too? That's the whole point of MusicFest...to bring established fan-favorites like FLOW, but to also introduce new artists/bands coming into the scene who may have some really decent connections to anime and/or may appeal to the general audience that comes to FanimeCon.

But the general way to get into MusicFest is pretty simple: you line up, you grab a seat, and just let yourself enjoy the show.

If you were to see FLOW in Japan, you'd probably have to sit through several bands before reaching FLOW's set since they tend to do shows with up to 3-4 other bands.  Recently, a lot of their one-man lives are limited and/or only for fanclub members.
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

yumicchi88

YES!!!!!!!! Thank you!! Hopefully I can go to the Musicfest!!!
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

hikarihoshi28

SWEET! Thanks for giving everyone a second chance to see them! (I seem to remember reading more than one broken-hearted post last year from those who couldn't make it...)

I went last year, not really knowing much about them, and had an absolute blast. Everyone who went with me had an awesome time too, and now we can actually repeat that experience!

Chosen_Entity

This should be awesome! Although I think I'll dress a little lighter this year. Last time that auditorium got pretty warm with all the bodies jumping around. :)

.::midnight.maiden::.

Quote from: Acid_Android on April 26, 2011, 08:33:10 AM
...Please don't jump to conclusions without official word from staff =/

(Where did people read that Yuya's concert will start at 8pm...???)
Aiyah...I apologize for jumping conclusions. T__T I'm a bad bad person *smacks head with hammer nonstop* *bowbowbow*

I'm never going to make that assumption again Q__Q
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

Rhornez

There should be rule, and it is to stand up and dance and have fun to be honest i dont like when i see people stare and sit in their seat me and my friends were the only ones in our row that were jumping up and down >.>

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

cottoncandymuffin

really, there were people sitting down? everywhere I looked people were screaming their heads off lol. I didn't even have to jump because the floor was shaking underneath me xD

Chosen_Entity

Yeah, saw a girl behind me sitting down with her hands over her ears. Seriously, why even go? Give your close up seat to someone who actually wants to be there. :|

I can't wait, though! FLOW is the best!  :D

mariotheotaku

Is FLOW going to have an autograph session this year? I didn't see anything on the schedule about it.

cottoncandymuffin

Quote from: PickleBunny on May 22, 2011, 02:53:26 PM
Don't worry, there will be autograph sessions but the times have not been announced just yet.  They are not at the same time as the artists' Q+A, though.