FLOW at FanimeCon 2011 - MusicFest Guest of Honor

Started by Acid_Android, April 22, 2011, 06:48:46 PM

lilaznlori

*Back to FLOW*

Does anyone happen to know which songs were performed and in what order they were performed during the FLOW concert?

cottoncandymuffin

@chifunii: yeah totally agree FLOW was a lot more energetic, but it's probably from the kind of songs that they sing (yuya's more like mellow-ish lol). compared to last year though it was freaking PACKED inside.

the staff was hella nice though, even though we weren't supposed to be in the aisles in the front they just let it go haha.

my only complaint was there was a guy during the FLOW concert that kept pushing people around in the front row, but yeah ;)

chifunii

^Were you up front too? I kept getting shoved and pushed around by a reallllly tall sweaty guy. Being 5' tall, it's not so fun. But what can you do, things like that are bound to happen at concerts...Yay for staffffffffff~
FanimeCon attendee: 2008-

Inuashley

Quote from: thisismyv on May 29, 2011, 01:02:33 PM
I was absolutely shocked when they started playing 1/3 no junjou na kanjou!! I've loved that song for years, it's such an iconic song in the anime industry, even though I found it through Pop Japan TV and not anime. :P And RYUUSEI! That's my FAVORITE FLOW song! That and Life is Beautiful, but I didn't expect either songs, so I was ecstatic when they played Ryuusei!

Does anyone have the playset for Yuya Matsushita?? I wish I listened to him more before Fanime, he was SO sexy live. @__@ There's one song where he kept repeating this word over and over, very sexy dance song, I want that song so badly! Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?? XD

I'm so glad there was someone else who felt the same way! The anime that got me into this whole crazy adventure 8 years ago was Rurouni Kenshin, and 1/3 Junjou na Kanjou(one of the ending songs from it) was the first Japanese song I learned how to sing, so when I heard them playing it, I promptly freaked out and got up and started singing along, haha xD I could tell hardly anyone knew what it was (understandably so, the song is at least from 1996 or earlier, from a not well known artist), but it was actually one of the most memorable moments of the convention for me.

They definitely put on a great show. : )
Next conventions: Fanime 2011, Anime Next (?), Anime Expo, AM2

.::midnight.maiden::.

Okay, so I'm going to ask if anyone knows where I can still get the FLOW "On the Line" t-shirt. Unfortunately, I had decided to buy the t-shirt the next day, but by the end of the day I planned this, it was sold out.
Fanime Attendee - 2007, 2009-
Fanime Staff - 2008(Panels)
AOD - 2011-

lurker9000

Quote from: chifunii on May 31, 2011, 09:50:45 PM
^Were you up front too? I kept getting shoved and pushed around by a reallllly tall sweaty guy. Being 5' tall, it's not so fun. But what can you do, things like that are bound to happen at concerts...Yay for staffffffffff~

Actually it was mainly 3 guys behind him pushing him. They were unfortunately non-musicfest staff that were dealt with after the concert. There is only so much we can do and we were trying our best to let people have as much fun without being too strict. The one time someone got too rowdy by putting his friend on his shoulders, I walked through and angrily made them get down. (Which is the only time during the concert I made an unhappy face)

I will admit you guys respected the line very well (we supremely appreciate this). Part of running Musicfest is not only making sure the bands are taken care of/soundcheck etc, but also that the concert runs well and that the fans are having a great time and it can be difficult to find a happy medium.

Quote from: .::midnight.maiden::. on June 01, 2011, 01:10:43 AM
Okay, so I'm going to ask if anyone knows where I can still get the FLOW "On the Line" t-shirt. Unfortunately, I had decided to buy the t-shirt the next day, but by the end of the day I planned this, it was sold out.

Most likely not unless someone puts it on ebay. They don't ship their merch to the US through their online store so unless you know someone in Japan. Sorry!
The shirts and cds pretty much sold out instantly after the concert/beginning of next day due to 1) the incredible concert 2) people wanting things to be signed at the autograph session.
ChristopherLee:MusicFest2nd

cottoncandymuffin

not sure if it was 3 guys but there was like a group of 3 that was pushing people around. yeahh I was in the very front like mosh pit front haha
haha high five I'm around 5' too xD

chifunii

Quote from: lurker9000 on June 01, 2011, 01:51:16 PM
Actually it was mainly 3 guys behind him pushing him. They were unfortunately non-musicfest staff that were dealt with after the concert. There is only so much we can do and we were trying our best to let people have as much fun without being too strict. The one time someone got too rowdy by putting his friend on his shoulders, I walked through and angrily made them get down. (Which is the only time during the concert I made an unhappy face)

I will admit you guys respected the line very well (we supremely appreciate this). Part of running Musicfest is not only making sure the bands are taken care of/soundcheck etc, but also that the concert runs well and that the fans are having a great time and it can be difficult to find a happy medium.

Mm, it was pretty rowdy right behind my friend, she told her fair share of stories about the guys being a little obnoxious and crushing her, etc. But she had a great time regardless (my very first FLOW convert--I gotta say, I'm a little proud), since we both knew that stuff was bound to happen one way or another. Glad nothing big came of it though. I remember that unhappy face to be a little like >:|

--

What I found to be very helpful to having fun/minimizing harsh feelings: Introducing myself to the people I stood next to. From both ends, it's hard to be mean when you know each other. Plus, you're both there for the same people, make friends. True story!

@midnight maiden
You can also try lurking around LJ communities, it might take a little time for people to want to sell their shirt, but it just might turn up. I've made it a point (after my XL LM.C shirt last year...it's like a sack...) to get my goods as early as I can.

@cottoncandymuffin
Whhhaatt, far left or far right? Can't believe I was close to you without knowing it--I probably should've introduced myself on the forum a little sooner. The more the merrier! I basically went through every day of Fanime with people I met one year ago (on the last day of Fanime) and hadn't seen since. Next year, for sure. FB is good. :) And it's short people like us that have to stick together 8D hahahah :}

felexis12

It was nice meeting you chifunii! :D

BTW did anyone give any gifts to the FLOW guys?

chifunii

Quote from: felexis12 on June 01, 2011, 07:06:35 PM

It was my pleasure :) A total coincidence, running into you and Poppy like that! 8D

I didn't have time to do anything for them; I regret it now.
You guys had made a book, right? :]

Kuudere

It wasn't really a gift, but I did make a shirt that said "We are fighting dreamers" on it and went to the autograph session with it on. They took a picture of it and put in on their official website. Iwasaki-san wrote "I'm glad" underneath the picture.  :)

Who gave them the donuts?

chifunii

Quote from: MeowDesu on June 01, 2011, 07:33:18 PM

It wasn't really a gift, but I did make a shirt that said "We are fighting dreamers" on it and went to the autograph session with it on. They took a picture of it and put in on their official website. Iwasaki-san wrote "I'm glad" underneath the picture.  :)

Who gave them the donuts?

That was you!! :DDDD I saw your shirt on the blog and was curious who made it. The turquoise/teal is a great choice btw ;) Iwasaki was genuinely impressed on the blog. 8D

I don't know about the donuts...but I don't think it was a gift...Probably just some food? ><; Kohshi's being upset at Japan's rainy weather right now (I went back to check the blog when you mentioned your shirt)...little does he know that it's raining here too. xD

Kuudere

Quote from: chifunii on June 01, 2011, 07:43:22 PM
That was you!! :DDDD I saw your shirt on the blog and was curious who made it. The turquoise/teal is a great choice btw ;) Iwasaki was genuinely impressed on the blog. 8D

I don't know about the donuts...but I don't think it was a gift...Probably just some food? ><; Kohshi's being upset at Japan's rainy weather right now (I went back to check the blog when you mentioned your shirt)...little does he know that it's raining here too. xD

For the color choice...it was totally a coincidence, but when I looked at the shirt and their CD cover, I realized I matched it XD. I was shocked when I saw it up on their blog. They also commented on the Madoka pins on my purse that you can see in the picture and asked me if I watched the show. They aren't kidding when they say they like anime...it was a great moment.

At least the weather was somewhat nice when they visited.

I'm also happy that they did the concert on Saturday this year. Last year, even though I easily got one of the front rows, it was a shame to see empty seats just because it was Friday. I'm glad they got to see just how crazy big their fan base is this year.

lurker9000

Donuts were a gift from Extravaganzas/Musicfest - Fanime Staff.

chifunii

Quote from: MeowDesu on June 01, 2011, 07:56:02 PM
Quote from: chifunii on June 01, 2011, 07:43:22 PM

For the color choice...it was totally a coincidence, but when I looked at the shirt and their CD cover, I realized I matched it XD. I was shocked when I saw it up on their blog. They also commented on the Madoka pins on my purse that you can see in the picture and asked me if I watched the show. They aren't kidding when they say they like anime...it was a great moment.

At least the weather was somewhat nice when they visited.

I'm also happy that they did the concert on Saturday this year. Last year, even though I easily got one of the front rows, it was a shame to see empty seats just because it was Friday. I'm glad they got to see just how crazy big their fan base is this year.

Your shirt was destined to be that color!! :P
I barely made it last year...I rushed over right when class ended. They were probably a little disheartened to see so few people there last year--I'm glad as well, that they got to see the real bulk of their fanbase. Combining it with Yuya's concert wasn't a bad idea either (though I heard there was a line outside to get in?!). I hope everyone who wanted to see them got the chance to...

--------------

^Hello~! :) Thanks for your hard work this year!

lurker9000

Unfortunately we had to turn some people away since we were at max capacity in the Civic Center. Majority of the people in line were waiting for Flow since there were Yuya things going on at the time people had already lined up. (I made a couple rounds to chat w/ people waiting in line).

redroses3164

Turn people away? Understandable since fire regulations and max capacity.

I came to see FLOW but went in line when musicfest started so Yuya was a bonus performance for me really.

felexis12

@chifunii: yes we got them the comic as well as some other stuff that WE REALLY HOPE they got them! It was awesome meeting you too!

@meowdesu: I saw your shirt while we were waiting in line! I thought it was awesome! Its so cool that iwasaki posted it on their main page u most feel awesome!

Is there anyway of knowing if they got their gifts or not? perhaps someone knows someone they can ask to answer this! We would greatly appreciate it! :D

lurker9000

They got all their gifts. Unfortunately things such as flowers and other perishables could not be taken back to Japan w/ them

The band always really appreciates support from their fans and they said that the crowds spirit? is the one of the most memorable.

cottoncandymuffin

Quote from: chifunii on June 01, 2011, 06:45:45 PM
@cottoncandymuffin
Whhhaatt, far left or far right? Can't believe I was close to you without knowing it--I probably should've introduced myself on the forum a little sooner. The more the merrier! I basically went through every day of Fanime with people I met one year ago (on the last day of Fanime) and hadn't seen since. Next year, for sure. FB is good. :) And it's short people like us that have to stick together 8D hahahah :}

I was smack dab in the center haha xD
Yeah totally! I've gone by myself for the past 2 years but it's not so bad coz you always meet new friends there :) But next year I definitely need to meet up with you and rebecca and everyone ^^