Niconico Live Stream

Started by heeroyuy135, April 23, 2011, 12:07:39 PM

heeroyuy135

M

FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

heeroyuy135

Tony

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 23, 2011, 02:24:50 PM
Quote from: MPLe on April 23, 2011, 02:17:11 PM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on April 23, 2011, 12:07:39 PM
So the English beta for Nico Nico Douga is live streaming from Sakura-Con this weekend.
Do you think the same can happen at FanimeCon?
Outcome doesn't look good. :(
What's the problem?
Broadcasting/streaming/recording in our facilities is very complicated subject (which I'd rather not go into detail about here ^_^;) but it suffices to say that it's very expensive.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

heeroyuy135

Ouch :(
And I was really looking towards seeing a stream happen like that at Fanime

Kuudere

I spent a good amount of time watching the stream today...it actually was pretty entertaining at some parts.

The only bad part was when the /b/-tards came out to play and insulted/made pedo comments about everything. If they came to Fanime and asked me to show off my cosplay, I'd probably run in the other direction rather than see the trolls bash it.

Other than that, it really was pretty good. I do wish we could have them come to Fanime, because I think this definitely made people more interested in attending Sakura-con. I think it'd have the same effect for us.

otakuya

Maybe not a Niconico stream, but how about a Justin.tv live broadcast or stationary camera?

DivineVTDragon

Quote from: MeowDesu on April 24, 2011, 12:20:15 AM
I spent a good amount of time watching the stream today...it actually was pretty entertaining at some parts.

The only bad part was when the /b/-tards came out to play and insulted/made pedo comments about everything. If they came to Fanime and asked me to show off my cosplay, I'd probably run in the other direction rather than see the trolls bash it.

Other than that, it really was pretty good. I do wish we could have them come to Fanime, because I think this definitely made people more interested in attending Sakura-con. I think it'd have the same effect for us.

I agree, it was amazingly entertaining to see what some people did for their cosplays. I ignored most of the comments for that very reason.

HakureiSandwih

It was very entertaining and I wish they would come here.
Forego the restrictions....

M

Quote from: Otakuya on April 24, 2011, 01:24:46 AM
Maybe not a Niconico stream, but how about a Justin.tv live broadcast or stationary camera?
Please read the comment that Tony made up there. Things *can* change in the future and we're always revisiting this idea to see how feasible it is, but in the end we just have to be wise about what we can and can't do.

heeroyuy135

So wait...if Crunchyroll was allowed to stream live from FanimeCon 2011, what's the difference between that and what Niconico did at SakuraCon?

PyronIkari

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on June 05, 2011, 04:44:35 PM
So wait...if Crunchyroll was allowed to stream live from FanimeCon 2011, what's the difference between that and what Niconico did at SakuraCon?

Crunchy asked if they can do it for free and for fun and just show off the con. Nico, money was involved.

M

Quote from: PyronIkari on June 06, 2011, 01:04:10 PM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on June 05, 2011, 04:44:35 PM

Crunchy asked if they can do it for free and for fun and just show off the con. Nico, money was involved.

That's the basic story. There was a more complicated issue at hand, that I don't feel should be discussed in public.

Kuudere

For anyone who's interested, looks like Crunchyroll has put the videos up for viewing: http://www.crunchyroll.com/fanimecon-2011

Sadly, they are sans troll scroll-text. I would have liked to read the comments people said.

heeroyuy135

Kuudere

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on June 09, 2011, 10:47:17 PM
Finally, I can rewatch myself at the Durarara!! event!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-579308/fanime-2011-live-stream-replays-special-3-saturday-528

I really wanted to go to that (I was dressed as Celty at the gathering), but I had to get in line for the concert. When does the DRRR thing show up in that video?

heeroyuy135

Quote from: MeowDesu on June 09, 2011, 11:45:19 PM
Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on June 09, 2011, 10:47:17 PM
Finally, I can rewatch myself at the Durarara!! event!
http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-579308/fanime-2011-live-stream-replays-special-3-saturday-528
I really wanted to go to that (I was dressed as Celty at the gathering), but I had to get in line for the concert. When does the DRRR thing show up in that video?
82 minutes in

Salty Pearl

I just went to the J-pop Summit in San Fransisco today, and went on some kind of live stream chat quite a few times, I'm not sure if this is the same thing though, but I'd really like this to happen at Fanime.

It was pretty much a camera recording and playing on a large tv, with people's comments streaming across the screen at the same time. I'm not sure if the broadcast was connected to Niconico, but a majority of the comments were in Japanese. Anyone have an idea as to what the program was?

heeroyuy135

So another Fanime is upon us, so I'll ask again: Niconico live stream this time around?

M

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on February 25, 2012, 04:39:37 PM
So another Fanime is upon us, so I'll ask again: Niconico live stream this time around?
Unfortunately, I'll have to requote Tony's post above. I have ideas on how to make it happen, but it might be viable until next year. :(
Quote from: Tony on April 23, 2011, 08:06:40 PMBroadcasting/streaming/recording in our facilities is very complicated subject (which I'd rather not go into detail about here ^_^;) but it suffices to say that it's very expensive.