regarding lines and ID

Started by Tsu, April 24, 2011, 04:25:12 PM

Tsu

Two questions. One, last year, were there separate lines for prereg and early reg, or were they lumped into one? I went early reg last year and the line on day zero was looooooong. Wondering if there's an advantage to pre reg beyond the shiny badge.

Second and more importantly, one of the folks I'll be travelling with has a government ID that will have expired by the time the con rolls around. Do they need to renew it, or is it sufficient seens to how their identity won't magically change just cause of a date? Thanks.
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019

Kyra_Maverick

Last year, and I believe this year as well, there was one line for Pre and Early reg and one line for those registering at con.

Personally, I'd rather stand in a long line on Day Zero and know that I'm not missing anything as opposed to standing in a long line on Friday and thinking that I'm missing out on so much thats going on.

As for ID, because California changed theirs this year it's taking a really long time to get everyone processed who needs new ones. Email registration to be sure, but I think if they have the expired one and proof that they filed for a new one it should be ok.

ewu

on day zero, there were two diff lines but for every other day pre and early were the same line.

As for the ID please have them get it renewed. Also email registration at registrationATfanimeDOTcom to let them know.

Thanks

Sorry ewu...
Correction: Last year on Day Zero it was one line for pre and early reg (kinda like LOTR!) For the rest of con they were still one line (but on the pre-reg side). We aren't sure if it will be the same this year yet but most likely will be.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Tsu

Good to know, thanks guys. Hopefully they can get a new ID before then, if not, I'll direct 'em to email...
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Second 2016-17
Fanimecon Music Video Contest Department Head 2014-15, 2018-2019