I Need Some Help For A Domo Costume!

Started by iRaveWalnut, April 24, 2011, 07:30:27 PM

iRaveWalnut

So I would like to make a really nice looking Domo costume, but I'm not really sure where to begin or what to use. I know I should use a huge box, but

I'm not sure what kind of fabrics or anything.

Help and tips would be nice! Thank you!  ;D
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be safely and quietly insane every night of our lives."

Hachimitsu

there is a specific type of fabric you could use... but it kinda depends on your budget!...
the most easy to recommend would be felt but check the color or textures...

the most expensive and to make it domo would be those erh.. faux fur?  I forget the name!...

but I know the next user who answer this will give you a definite answer ^ ^!...
as for the domo i beleive there are people made them before so it never helps to ask for their help and erh blue prints?
-wishing you the best of luck!
-hachimitsu!

iRaveWalnut

Thanks so much! Ahh faux fur would be pretty expensive, my budget right now is pretty low but I'm saving up.

So I would probably go with felt, maybe..

Thanks for the advice!

-Walnut Chan
"Dreaming permits each and every one of us to be safely and quietly insane every night of our lives."

Kuudere

The type of Domo cosplay I usually see is one with a pvc pipe/wire frame with cloth around it. The cloth I would imagine is probably fleece-like. Here's a tutorial someone put together for it: http://www.domokuncollection.com/2011/01/diy-how-to-make-a-domokun-costume-for-cosplay/

Good luck!

zeroelement

Quote from: MeowDesu on May 07, 2011, 11:14:13 AM
The type of Domo cosplay I usually see is one with a pvc pipe/wire frame with cloth around it. The cloth I would imagine is probably fleece-like. Here's a tutorial someone put together for it: http://www.domokuncollection.com/2011/01/diy-how-to-make-a-domokun-costume-for-cosplay/

Good luck!
Thx for the link lol im planing on being the Tardis from Doctor Who. Might not have alot of time to make it for this con but next year for sure.

But my main problem is I dont know how big the Doors Are at Fanime XD i can go and measure because i live near by but do you know a general size for a costume should be to fit?
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

Kuudere

Quote from: zeroelement on May 07, 2011, 11:18:33 PM
Quote from: MeowDesu on May 07, 2011, 11:14:13 AM

Good luck!
Thx for the link lol im planing on being the Tardis from Doctor Who. Might not have alot of time to make it for this con but next year for sure.

But my main problem is I dont know how big the Doors Are at Fanime XD i can go and measure because i live near by but do you know a general size for a costume should be to fit?

In the peace-bonding thread, it was stated to keep costumes to a size capable of fitting through a 6'8"x3' door. So, if you can safely fit through that, you should be fine.

iRaveWalnut

Thanks for the link and advice!

-Walnut Chan