Cosplay Chess Anyone? fanime 2011

Started by jingko, April 25, 2011, 05:22:36 PM

jingko

Hey taking a poll and wondering if there is anyone out there that would like to do cosplay chess this fanime? (2011) if so would you want to play? ;D

Whats great about cosplay chess is that you DO NOT need to know how to play. Just how to move from place to place-there would be someone to tell you where to go who would knows the game. So let me know and I'll gladly get it going  :D

found that the FMS side will be open for the cosplay chess so the list of people and positions opened and taken (if there's a name that means it's taken. No name that mean it's open.) the games also depened on how many people are in the game. in other words not enough people then no game (unless some come in last minuet which is fine.) i'll post the times as soon as i can. ^^
also if you want to use the board and get it back to me that can be arranged. just pm me if you are need/wanting to use it for a gathering or what not
                                                        Friday @1pm at FMS                                                  Sat@NOON at FHS                                              Sun  NOON*pm at FMS                                                                                                                BLACK                                                                     BLACK                                                            BLACK  
                                                    Rook right side :                                                          Rook right side                                    Rook right side                                                                                                                                     Rook left side                                                  Rook left side                                     Rook left side
                                                   Knight right side: Shadow Yazoo                          Knight right side                                 Knight right side
                                                   Knight left side:Yatta Dante                                 Knight left side :Yatta Dante                Knight left side
                                                   Bishop right side                                               Bishop right side:HeeroYuy135              Bishop right side                                                                                                                                              Bishop left side                                                  Bishop left side                                  Bishop left side                                                                                          
                                                   King: Captain LOL pants                                           King                                                   King                                                                                                                                                        Queen: TwistedFayt                                               Queen                            Queen                                                                                                                                                                          Pawn                                                                Pawn                                                 Pawn    
                                                    1:Bunofgovt                                                         1                                                       1
                                                     2                                                                       2                                                       2
                                                     3                                                                       3                                                       3
                                                     4                                                                       4                                                       4
                                                     5                                                                       5                                                       5
                                                     6                                                                       6                                                       6              
                                                     7                                                                       7                                                       7                    
                                                     8                                                                       8                                                       8                                    
                                                    WHITE                                                            WHITE                                                  WHITE  
                                               Rook right side                                                Rook right side:the original baka             Rook right side
                                               Rook left side                                                  Rook left side                                      Rook left side
                                               Knight right side                                               Knight right side                                 Knight right side
                                               Knight left side :xkakashi-chan                            Knight left side:xkakashi-chan               Knight left side:xkakashi-chan                                                                                                                         Bishop right side:Alex-X-Core                              Bishop right side:obliviousedward         Bishop right side
                                               Bishop left side                                                 Bishop left side                                   Bishop left side  
                                                      King:                                                          King                                                      King                                                                                                                                                             Queen: Touya no Miko                                    Queen:chan                                            Queen:doggurlallura
                                                     Pawn                                                              Pawn                                                     Pawn    
                                                        1                                                                     1                                                          1
                                                        2                                                                      2                                                         2
                                                        3                                                                      3                                                         3
                                                        4                                                                      4                                                         4
                                                        5                                                                      5                                                         5
                                                        6                                                                      6:                                                        6:              
                                                        7                                                                      7                                                         7                                                                                                                                                            8                                                                      8                                                         8  

*time change!                                
where the Death Scythes kept?
see me at DA as well. ><

TwistedFayt

That sounds like fun. =D Do you have any idea for a day and location?
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
The Bride class - Fire Emblem Awakening
Morgan - Fire Emblem Awakening
A full fursuit of my fursona Fayt
A full fursuit of my other character Shyla

robozombisaurus

Pinkie pie- my little pony
Missing no. Snorlax & Sylveon- Pokemon
Lumpy space princess- Adventure time
Stocking,geek boy(gender bent)- panty and stocking

TuddtFudders

Yes! I love cosplay chess so count me in!

BunofGovt

This was fun last year.  I'm interested!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

jingko

well if there's enough people i'll try to do it once a day. normally theres gatherings (a lot of them are around lunch time) so about 10am or 3 pm (cause the games can last 1-2 hours) depending on how much "fighting" there is and how much the pieces interact with each other.

normally the "fighting" should only be 1-3 minuets, and it's NO CONTACT,but if theres a cute kid they sometimes it can't run 1-3 minuets cause they are busy running around. but so cute still! (at Sakura-con there was Toshiro Hitsugaya from bleach and the kid was maybe 6 and ran around the ring for about 4 minuets. but he was cute while he did it>< )so ya that's the plan right now.

need people to do chess, it would be fun to have like a capccon vs marvel or a hetaila theme but first just need people ^^  
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

ok how about the people that want to do it so far, what piece do you want to be? and what side i'll make a list and get it going ^^
8-pawns
2-rooks
2-kinght
2-bishops
1-king
1-queen
per side><
see me at DA as well. ><

TuddtFudders

TwistedFayt

Maybe I'll try for either a Queen or Rook. (either color)
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:

L0Lpants

a few things that still need to nailed down:

1. The where, as in "Will it take place mainly in the gaming room?" In previous years, it commonly occurred there cuz of the big space. If it is, then I call Dibs on King,  black side!(honestly, i'm hoping that you're gunna set-up a game on either Thursday or Friday afternoon, mostly cuz it'd work out for other ppl's schedules)

2. I'm pretty sure you'd get your themed chess props/ cosplayers on the weekend cuz of the attendant spike

3. Are you planning to gather enough chess props, I mean people, so they can get swapped out per game?

4. Do you prefer ppl on cosplay as the chess pieces or anybody can join in general?
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

jingko

Quote from: Captain L0Lpants on April 28, 2011, 04:27:59 PM

1. The where, as in "Will it take place mainly in the gaming room?" In previous years, it commonly occurred there cuz of the big space. If it is, then I call Dibs on King,  black side!(honestly, i'm hoping that you're gunna set-up a game on either Thursday or Friday afternoon, mostly cuz it'd work out for other ppl's schedules)

it will be outside most likely as it's under (i believe) in "cosplay gatherings" if i can i'll have at least one a day. i dont think theres enough people for a Thursday game thou, normally not enough people cosplaying on day 0 ^^, but i'll be there so you never know, might be fun till the line starts getting too long. saturday's my only hard to schedule day. as i'll be in the masquerade so that one might have to have someone else to help out and watch my board kind of thing.

2. I'm pretty sure you'd get your themed chess props/ cosplayers on the weekend cuz of the attendant spike

i would like to have as much set up as possible, but if people want to join with themes then that most likely can be arranged

3. Are you planning to gather enough chess props, I mean people, so they can get swapped out per game?

if there are more then enough people then it would go to another game as swapping people would be hard as most people play to "fight" against someone.if there are people that have more then one person with them, like say there is a team rocket person the are more the welcome to have 'grunts' come and help them. or if there are 2 people that fight together then they can come on the board and help when the 'fight' starts. so team play-yes, swapping no. So no, no actual swapping of people as that would be hard and confusing for everyone. i can aways have another game....i own the board. (just finished it >< )

4. Do you prefer ppl on cosplay as the chess pieces or anybody can join in general?

any one can join, i think that it's more fun to cosplay, but any one can join. i just like to know if i have a full board before starting(like last year turned into a chess game and i had no one for pieces i had to hunt people down........ 20 minuets later still not enough......so ya.....as many as i can signed up before hand so i know that there will be a game and not having to find one.......makes sense?)

see me at DA as well. ><

L0Lpants

Quote from: jingko on April 28, 2011, 09:44:48 PM
Quote from: Captain L0Lpants on April 28, 2011, 04:27:59 PM

1. The where, as in "Will it take place mainly in the gaming room?" In previous years, it commonly occurred there cuz of the big space. If it is, then I call Dibs on King,  black side!(honestly, i'm hoping that you're gunna set-up a game on either Thursday or Friday afternoon, mostly cuz it'd work out for other ppl's schedules)

it will be outside most likely as it's under (i believe) in "cosplay gatherings" if i can i'll have at least one a day. i dont think theres enough people for a Thursday game thou, normally not enough people cosplaying on day 0 ^^, but i'll be there so you never know, might be fun till the line starts getting too long. saturday's my only hard to schedule day. as i'll be in the masquerade so that one might have to have someone else to help out and watch my board kind of thing.

i would like to have as much set up as possible, but if people want to join with themes then that most likely can be arranged

if there are more then enough people then it would go to another game as swapping people would be hard as most people play to "fight" against someone.if there are people that have more then one person with them, like say there is a team rocket person the are more the welcome to have 'grunts' come and help them. or if there are 2 people that fight together then they can come on the board and help when the 'fight' starts. so team play-yes, swapping no. So no, no actual swapping of people as that would be hard and confusing for everyone. i can aways have another game....i own the board. (just finished it >< )

any one can join, i think that it's more fun to cosplay, but any one can join. i just like to know if i have a full board before starting(like last year turned into a chess game and i had no one for pieces i had to hunt people down........ 20 minuets later still not enough......so ya.....as many as i can signed up before hand so i know that there will be a game and not having to find one.......makes sense?)

Even so, I still call dibs on King

jingko

all righty :3 i'll clear some times with B Sapphire and get the lists started
see me at DA as well. ><

jingko

Captain L0Lpants

what day did you want the king spot?
see me at DA as well. ><

L0Lpants

Quote from: jingko on May 04, 2011, 12:20:56 PM
Captain L0Lpants

what day did you want the king spot?

i'll get Thursday & Friday

TwistedFayt

I can be a Queen or Rook on any day except Sunday.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:

jingko

Quote from: TwistedFayt on May 04, 2011, 03:23:48 PM
I can be a Queen or Rook on any day except Sunday.

would you like queen on fri and rook on sat or just one game on Fri or sat?
see me at DA as well. ><

TwistedFayt

Yeah Queen Friday and Rook Saturday sounds good. :)
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:

jingko

ok black queen fri and white rook (right side) sat
see me at DA as well. ><

ShadowYazoo

I can be black knight right side on Fri :D