Lanyards this year?

Started by redroses3164, May 02, 2011, 09:13:35 AM

redroses3164

I would imagine that I'm in the right area to ask since it comes with the registration badge right? Sorry otherwise.

Are there going to be lanyards this year? Just curious.

Also, what years were there lanyards? I removed my lanyards from my previous badges so I don't remember the years anymore.

FanFicGuru

Well last year they professed that there weren't going to be lanyards, but when we got there the had lanyards.

In fact I'm pretty sure that in the last 5 years they've had lanyards for at least 3 of them. Of course a staffer could address this more concretely but my guess is that they'll try to secure at least some lanyards for early/pre reg people on Thursday.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

ewu

It depends on the arrangement to procure the lanyards, so it may change up till the day of con....so yah
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

M

As of this post, we are going to have lanyards. They are being manufactured right now and will be delivered in the upcoming weeks. :)

[Edit: I forgot to mention the obligatory "although we're not expecting anything to change, it is always subject to change" blah blah blah]
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

raltga

good news about the lanyards.

what my girlfriend and I like to do is bring a lanyard from a prior con just in case they don't have them.  i know this is a different con, but at comic-con in san diego every year the peanuts booth sells really nice and very cool exclusive lanyards; we like to bring a couple of these to match our clothes (they come in a variety of colors).