What is on Thursday?

Started by Antstep, May 03, 2011, 06:50:08 PM

Antstep

So I hear Thursday is known as "Day 0" so I was just wondering what goes on that day. I was told that you can pick up your pre-reg badges on Thursday as well. Is that all you can do  that day?

M

The schedule will have this information when it is released.

Stuff that won't appear on the schedule are that departments that have already set up (or need to test their set up) will play random entertainment.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

otakuya

In a nutshell, there's pre/early registration, swap meet, and arcade (after they set up). Other rooms may be open to 'testing' if they're set up; maybe 1 or 2 video rooms or stage zero.

LordKefka

Swap Meet and arcades = win, chill Thursday night.
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

zeroelement

Thursday is sit in a line for 5 hours day. People come to get their badges early normaly you can around 5pm-6pm or 6pm-7pm. So if you are going to go Thursday be a boyscout and be prepared. DS games will be played while in line. Meet new people in line and bring a chair(but no root rest please that takes up alot of room) the line does not move till 5 or 6pm and most people start the line around 1-3pm ive been there at noon before. Bring a friend for when you need to visit the restroom or make one their.

While people wait in line Some people go to the video rooms and watch videos they offer starting around noon. Alot of people take the time to dress up for day 0 and some people get advance start on their picture taking and test out their cosplay with a day left before day 1. (for quick fixes so that the outfit stays together on day1. )

Btw the Advance badge is only good if you plan to go midday on day one or any time after 10. The lines will be longer for people who pre reged than people buying that day. And what the heck if your their Thursday might as well hang out with other people going to the con!!!
Cosplayer of Host club (nekozawa) and Soul Eater (Free)
Looking for local cosplay groups and new friends.

BunofGovt

There's some kind of party:  http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,15893.0.html

I'll be at the swap meet that night.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Antstep

Alright thanks :) . Since I pre-registered I might as well go and i'll probably check out the game room early or the swap meet. Does anyone know what time the swap meet is at or has that not been announced yet?

L0Lpants

Quote from: Antstep on May 08, 2011, 10:43:41 PM
Alright thanks :) . Since I pre-registered I might as well go and i'll probably check out the game room early or the swap meet. Does anyone know what time the swap meet is at or has that not been announced yet?

we start work at 6pm, shuffle the vendors in while you browse the goods, & ends at 1 am( im 98% sure that info is correct)
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

Hachimitsu

Me dressing as a racoon and selling stuff at The swap meet, erh I think the arcade is open as well. there are also cosplayers going on around as well. OH and a very very big big big LINE just to pick up a badge you pre-order

Avairrianna

Quote from: Antstep on May 08, 2011, 10:43:41 PM

You can come by and say hi to me and buy stuff from me at Swap Meet! I'll be Zoey that day...maybe in a wheelchair
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

FanFicGuru

Day 0 is fun. As many people mentioned, Swap Meet is probably the biggest draw of day 0. You get a chance to view a lot of stuff you might not see on Friday and most of the time the merchandise is pretty unique. Of course if you check into your hotel on Thursday you can also sort of just wander around the convention center aimlessly in the middle of the night, enjoying the peace and quiet before the chaos that is Fanime consumes the center.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

mdarkpoet

Thursday is mainly the pre/early registration day. Be prepared to spend a good hour or two in the line if you're lucky. I'm going to be there early on Thursday with my boombox for a good portion of the day to provide some music to you guys in the line (come find me I'll be in a Victorian Lolita gown). I'm currently taking song requests and will bring extras on music if you want to make requests for that day. NO EXPLICIT MUSIC, last year the Fanime Fuzz had a fit over "I'm On A Boat" so please keep it PG.

Also the Swap Meet goes on and a couple other small things. Thursday is also the day a lot of people choose to check into the hotel or just hang around and do meet-ups. Come find me though, I'll be hard to miss with the music :P

Antstep

Quote from: mdarkpoet on May 13, 2011, 02:44:20 PM
Thursday is mainly the pre/early registration day. Be prepared to spend a good hour or two in the line if you're lucky. I'm going to be there early on Thursday with my boombox for a good portion of the day to provide some music to you guys in the line (come find me I'll be in a Victorian Lolita gown). I'm currently taking song requests and will bring extras on music if you want to make requests for that day. NO EXPLICIT MUSIC, last year the Fanime Fuzz had a fit over "I'm On A Boat" so please keep it PG.

Also the Swap Meet goes on and a couple other small things. Thursday is also the day a lot of people choose to check into the hotel or just hang around and do meet-ups. Come find me though, I'll be hard to miss with the music :P
Well of COURSE we'll need some "Never Gonna Give You Up"  ;D

mdarkpoet

LOL I think I might get murdered with that

Antstep

Quote from: mdarkpoet on May 14, 2011, 12:26:40 PM
LOL I think I might get murdered with that
Ok :p OO OO I KNOW! HETALIA THEME PLEEASSEE  ;D