What's Wrong with Resident Evil/GANNON-BANNED: The Panel

Started by MikeTSA, May 04, 2011, 07:26:55 PM

MikeTSA

The crew who brought you "What's Wrong with Zelda" at Fanime 2010 return for a pair of panels. GANNON-BANNED is the "spiritual successor" to last year's panel, covering the creation of the Zelda trope/meme/joke that grew way beyond anything it was supposed to be. It's a tongue and cheek discussion of various Zelda-related topics.

What's Wrong with Resident Evil is the true follow-up (pro-tip: it's actually a prequel) to last year's What's Wrong with Zelda. It will be mostly the same structure, with each of us covering various issues with the RE franchise, ranging from the game content, the movies, and the fandom.

If you attended the panel last year, and actually remember it (ie, didn't bail out early because you hated us), feel free to chime in with any suggestions for either panel. And both panels are Saturday night, though they're technically extremely early in the morning on Sunday (like, the first second of Sunday early). What's Wrong with Res.Evil starts at 12am midnight, followed by GANNON-BANNED at 1am. They're in the same room, Marriott Salon III.

Some housekeeping:

1) We're doing a "double feature" I guess since our two panels are back-to-back this year, so I'm not sure if there's going to be any issue with "clearing the panel room" between panels. We'll try to find out from the staff and make sure anyone lining up for the first panel is notified how it is going down so as to not upset anyone with a shocking last minute revelation you got mad trolled sitting through the crappy panel waiting for the obviously superior one (jk). At the very least, we'll make an announcement at the start of the panel to remind everyone as well.

2) Our panel last year was CROWDED. I believe they gave us the same room as last year (not sure), but at least a huge portion of the line was turned away. So, be sure to line up early if you want to ensure you get in. Showing up at the last minute probably won't cut it, but who knows, maybe we all sucked last year and nobody will come.

3) Both panels are 18+, so if you don't have ID, grow up faster or something.